Chapter 57 – Senna’s first challenge
638 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking down at my proud creation I failed to get her underlying meaning as I proudly said "I made it myself!". As I said those words a light flashed in my mind as my mood instantly brightened! These beasts might be weird and hard to understand... But surely they would appreciate something finely made like my plantfur!

I instantly looked up at Senna with an expectant expression that seemingly dumbfounded Senna. She looked awkwardly down at me and continued asking "Who taught you?". Confused and smelling something wrong with her words my smile slowly faded as I explained "In the forest I found a square on the ground. Inside I found some of you beasts' plantfur. After looking at it I made some for myself..."

Senna had a thoughtful expression as she asked  "Square? What square? How did it look?" as we slowly started walking down into the Airship.

I looked up at her from the side and said "You have lots of squares down there..." while pointing down towards the floor.

Her expression suddenly turned into a smile. She looked down at me as we passed the frame in the wall and said "That's called a chest. We keep stuff in there for transport or storage..." she slightly giggled as she continued "And it's not called plantfur... It's clothes. Clothes are sometimes made from cotton"

As we arrived in the middle of the room, Senna slightly looked around and walked towards something standing at the wall. She pointed at it and said "This is a closet... We usually store clothes in here." she smiled as she opened it and showed me all the plantfur... I mean clothes.. stored in there. I looked up at her as I asked directly "Is my.. clothes not good enough?". She once again looked me up and down and smiled as she giggled once more. "It's a fine shirt I must say... But you'll need a lot more clothes for it to be proper..."

She started going through the closet as she pulled out various colored clothes. The amount stunned me as I glanced down at my shirt...

"Why do I need more? Is one not enough? Can't I just not wear anything?" I simply asked the question that flashed through my mind. I couldn't figure out the reason to wear even more. My disguise was useless now and my skin felt more comfortable without anything at all.

When Senna heard what I said she froze and slowly turned around. Apparently having a flash of understanding she let out a sigh of relief as she explained "You can't just walk around without anything on... It's not proper. You'll get a cold okay?" she smiled as she explained herself slowly. She looked like Mother deity when she caught the children doing something improper...

Not understanding how I could get a 'cold' I asked her directly as I put on a confused expression "How can you get a cold... I've never caught a cold before?". Senna once again stopped what she was doing and looked at me. She let out a sigh again as she tried to explain "We usually get sick from the cold... That's why we wear clothes. You might not get sick... But you should still wear something, okay?" she did not even wait for my response as she turned around and continued pulling out different things as she muttered something to herself.

23