Chapter 60 – Nameless
814 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we entered the tent I immediately saw the old beast sitting at a large wooden object with legs. He had a some sort of drawing in front of him. Another beast was standing to his right side as he listen to the old beast speak. When we entered both of them looked towards us. The beast standing next to the old one looked surprised for a brief moment before resuming his serious expression.

"Sorry Sir. It took longer than expected..." Senna immediately made a slight bow towards the old beast. Senna looked towards the beast standing next to the old beast as if slightly hesitating. The old beast seemingly understanding her whispered something to the other beast. He made a similar bow to Senna and left the tent while glancing in my direction. When it was just the three of us inside the tent. Senna started talking about our interactions as she slowly narrated our time together. I looked towards her with displeased eyes as she divulged my shameful moments. The old beast looked extremely pleased with Senna as he said "Good work. Make sure to not let her roam around too much. It sounds like she'll get into trouble quite easily...". Senna agreed and made a slight bow as she pulled me out of the tenth. I looked back over my shoulder towards the old beast. That's it I thought?...

I did not even have the chance to question Senna about our short visit as she dragged me into another tent next to the old one's. She sat down on something that looked like grass... She patted the area beside her and looked at me expectantly.... I slowly walked over and sat down a meter away from her. This situation seemed extremely weird....

She looked displeased at me and made a slight sigh as she opened her mouth "What's your name?". I looked at her and understood... It's starting now... I calmed my nerves while looking down at the soft material under me. After thinking for a while I started talking "I don't have a name... It's not like I need one right? I mean who's going to use it?" I felt like my words made a lot of sense. Father and Mother deity would just growl at me. No one in my life could speak words... A name was useless. Not getting an response from Senna I slowly lifted my eyes to take a glance at her response...

Senna looked at me worriedly and seemed like she wanted to say something but couldn't... After a moment of silence I asked "What's wrong?" with my usual confused expression. Why would she look like that? I just told her that I did not have a name... That should be pretty common... I mean only this long haired one... and the old one had a name. Long haired one was Senna. And the old looking one was called Sir. I haven't heard the other beasts having names... So it should be common right?...

I initially thought that Senna brought me here to get some secrets out of me... But this long haired beast just sat there and looked at me worriedly now... After a moment Senna began to speak again.

"What about your parents? Did they not name you?"

"I don't have any parents..."

After my curt reply Senna kept silent for a while before slightly moving to one of the weird objects in the tent. She pulled out something even more weird. Holding it in her hand she walked over behind me and sat down. I tried to turn around to see what she was doing but she just told me to sit still. She had been nice to me ever since I agreed to their agreement. So I followed along and did not resist.

A short moment later I felt something gently running through my hair. The feeling was comfortable and immediately made my tense body relax. After a few strokes I asked "What are you doing?" with a voice steeped in relaxation. I couldn't see her face. But she silently explained with a slightly choking voice "It's called a comb. I'm straightening out your hair. It's nice right?".

25