Chapter 62 – Strange
704 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A painful jolt ran through my brain as the voices around me grew louder and louder.

I immediately shut my eyes tightly while covering my ears in an attempt to ease my discomfort. Their voices felt like screams as they bore through my palms into my ears. I felt my body shudder as I lost control of my legs, and fell on my knees.

'What's happening to me? This is not like last time at all!' my thoughts ran wild as I curled over on the ground. The mind-shattering jolts came in familiar rhythmic pulses as they traveled from the soil beneath me and through my body.

It was impossible to escape so I just tried to endure the assault on my senses. The once faint feeling of comfort I got from absorbing mana felt extremely distant as another sharp pain made me release a weak whimper. The mana that flowed from the ground and into my body kept getting stronger and stronger, and the pain I felt slowly numbed my senses.

I don't know how much time passed... But at some point, my chaotic emotions started to settle down, as they gradually morphed into an eerie calmness. The unnatural silence made me feel somewhat uncomfortable as I quickly tried to remove my hands so that I could hear what happened around me.

Something strange was happening or had happened to me... My sensitivity towards mana had increased dramatically, and I could feel it more clearly than before. But that wasn't the weird thing. My vision had changed dramatically as well. I couldn't see anything like I've become used to. Everything in my field of vision was different from before. I couldn't see any trees. Only a grainy fog spread out in the distance. The bright blue sky had completely vanished as well... Looking to my left side I could see the trace amount of mana that quickly flowed through Senna's lips as they moved up and down. I tried to hear what she said but nothing came out...

I looked down towards my own pair of hands.

A pair of small delicate hands. The only difference now was the powerful blue hue that radiated off my skin... Prominent blue lines still ran underneath my skin...

I only just noticed now. But my own movements were incredibly slow. When I turned around it felt like I moved in slow motion. Moving my hand back and forth I confirmed it. I've lost my sense of touch. My normal eyesight. Even my hearing is gone?! The only way I could sense the world around me right now was because of my strengthened mana senses.

What happened to me?...

I felt irritated. Hungry... then pain? That does not make any sense!? Something must've have gone wrong! It's not like I starved myself to death. I ate something earlier today. So I shouldn't have been this desperate.

Thinking back to my previous thoughts I released a sigh once more. I was really about to drain mana from one of the beasts back there. That wouldn't have been too smart...

 

Senna's mouth moved slightly up and down, and with a cautious look in her eyes, she slowly approached me. I quickly searched my surroundings with a pulse of mana, as I tried to get a good understanding of the situation. Very quickly my attention was drawn towards the ground below me.

I couldn't understand the sight. Veins of mana had formed underneath me as they slithered their way towards the surface underneath me... It wasn't soft and smooth like the veins over at the waterfall. These looked hectic and unstable. Looking at the veins pulse underneath the surface, I was reminded of the painful experience I just went through...

The rest of the beasts had left my surroundings at some point... Only Senna was standing approximately 10 meters away from me. Her lips kept moving up and down as if she tried to say something...

'Syhna? Syhna?!'

Her lips moved up and down... I tried to move my lips the same way to get an idea of what she was saying. But without much luck...

She looked away from me as she suddenly started saying something again: 'Someone! Call Orrlin! We'll need him to return to camp immediately!'.

After she finished talking she turned around and looked at me once more. My perception had somewhat returned to normal. Senna's lips and actions no longer felt as slow. Same with myself.

I looked around my surroundings with my eyes as I tried to look into the grainy fog. I knew that those beasts that blocked my path should still be around here somewhere... I don't know why they moved away from me, but I'm glad. After glancing around I slowly tried to stand on my feet. My body felt stiff as I wobbled around for a moment before I managed to stabilize myself.

The first thing I did when I finally managed to stabilize myself, was to look over towards Senna. I needed to find out what happened to me.

However, when our eyes met I got a weird reaction from her...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

21