Chapter 63 – Changes
723 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I focused intently on Senna's blurred face. I could somewhat detect a faint sense of anxiousness and relief from the way her eyes looked me over.

Her mouth curved slightly upwards, and a small relieved smile faintly made its appearance. The lack of detail made it hard to tell for sure... But I'm pretty sure she isn't angry. However... when our eyes locked together she immediately tensed up and looked slightly downwards towards my mouth. I slowly caressed my own face and touched my eyelids to make sure nothing was missing... My facial features did feel quite different from before. But nothing felt wrong...

Slowly steadying myself. I finally managed to somewhat stand on my two feet. But something felt really different...

Senna suddenly moved which broke me out of my inner thoughts, as I quickly locked my eyes with hers. She was slowly and carefully making her way towards me. She kept her eyes locked with mine...

She approached me slowly until she was approximately 2 meters away from me. I couldn't help staring at her in a daze as she slowly went down on her knees. But that wasn't the weirdest part...

Senna's eyes stared directly into mine... I was standing. She was on her knees...

I clearly understood why I felt my body was different from before. My body is smaller... What exactly happened to me?

I couldn't process the changes... This just showed how little I actually understand my own body.

'Syhna...?' I couldn't hear Senna's words. But I saw her lips slightly move as she looked at me. I refocused my eyes as I looked puzzlingly at her. She looked at me for a while before she turned her gaze towards somewhere else: 'Have you seen anything like this before?'. A short moment later a beast entered the range of my senses.  I immediately felt my body tense as I looked vigilantly towards the intruder...

As the beast came closer and closer it became easier to see his features. After a short moment, the beast shook his head and his mouth moved: 'I've never heard of a beast being able to change like this...' he looked around me and paused for a moment before he continued 'But it's clear that she's the one I sensed back in the outer forest...'.

Senna nodded slightly 'That's right. Orrlin said something similar to me...'.

A short moment passed before the other beast suddenly reached into his clothes. He pulled out something which instantly drew my attention. The object's bright radiance pulled me closer and closer until I found myself standing in front of the beast. This closely I could clearly see a faint smile on his lips as he presented the mana core towards me. I looked up at him for a brief moment before I quickly grabbed the core from his hands and ran back towards Senna.

As I reached Senna's side. I quickly drained the core into my body as I relished in the highly concentrated mana stored within. With my newfound control over mana, I quickly managed to drain out all of the mana inside. I could feel the sensation of the clothes on my body and a slight humming noise appeared.

I felt my sensations slowly return, except for my vision.

As my sensations slowly returned, I suddenly heard Senna's agitated voice.

"Richard! What are you doing?! That's my airship's core!?"

"Relax Senna... If my guess is correct she'll return the favor..."

The beast called Richard answered Senna's loud voice in a slow and steady tone. He gave her a comforting glance.

A short moment later after he finished calming Senna he aske her "You named her Syhna...?" as he walked over here.

"Aah, no..."

"Then who?.." he arrived in front of us as he looked at Senna with a puzzled expression.

"She did not originally have a name... But I thought she needed one. I wanted to give her one personally... But she found one herself." Senna explained how I got my name. My hearing wasn't that good right now. But I was able to hear everything thanks to being close to her.

"Interesting..." he looked over towards me. My vigilance had somewhat dropped a fair bit since he fed me... The feeling he gives off isn't like that other beast at all... After a short while, he continued "I only guessed. But it seems like she eats mana. That would certainly explain Paul's condition..."

Paul? Maybe that's the beast that blocked my way out? Did something happen to him...

Before I managed to think anymore about it he asked me: "Syhna... Do you remember what happened?". He looked at me intently as he awaited my answer. I thought about it for a moment before I slightly shook my head. The whole event was blurry and I couldn't remember most of it... Only me getting blocked and Senna's appearance stood out...

He nodded slightly at my answer.

"I thought as much..." he slowly replied as he turned his gaze over towards Senna before continuing "It's not Syhna's fault for what happened to Paul".

He sounded like he knew what happened to me...? I wanted to ask him to explain but before the words passed my lips...

"What do you mean? Have you figured something out Richard?"

Senna's voice quickly asked as she looked intently at Richard. He nodded slightly but then shook his head "I want to have a word with Orrlin before I say anything..." he looked around into the area as he slightly released a sigh. I was confused... But Senna simply nodded her head and agreed immediately "Good idea..."

22