Chapter 64 – Away from camp
668 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Richard finished his sentence he turned around and gestured us to follow him. I was about to open my mouth and ask about everything that happened, but Senna's hand quickly grabbed mine as she slowly started pulling me along. I looked up towards her as I thought about it for a bit... "Senna...?" I asked softly while pulling slightly at her hand. She turned her head slightly to the right and looked down at me with a slight smile "Yeah? What's wrong?". What's wrong? I asked myself the same question... But I couldn't figure it out myself.

I looked at Senna's hand as she held mine in her palm. The sun made her eyes twinkle slightly as she looked down towards me. Her gentle actions somewhat soothed my worries as she gently pulled me along. I just felt that everything was out of my control. I have yet to figure out if me being found on that airship was a blessing or a curse. I've learned a lot about these beasts. But I feel like I understand myself even less than before now... "What happened? I don't understand..." I said as I looked straight into her eyes. Her steps halted for a brief moment before she continued slowly walking forward "I'm not too sure myself... I wasn't looking at you at the beginning... I only noticed something went wrong when Paul suddenly fell unconscious." she looked thoughtful for a moment before she continued "I'm usually not very sensitive towards mana. But even I could feel it..." she looked forward towards Richard as she continued "I saw you leave earlier this morning Richard. Did you feel it and rush back here?" she asked him. Richard turned his head around and gave a slight smile and nodded "I was out doing measurements when I felt something familiar... My first reaction was to rush back here..."

We left their nest and entered the forest. Richard led the way as Senna and I followed behind. We walked for about 30 minutes before finally reaching our destination. After Richard finished his last statement he remained silent throughout the trip. Only Senna and I talked in low voices. A lot of tall old trees circled around a small clearing. Richard gestured us to stop outside as he slowly made his way inside. He looked briefly around the area before finally saying "Follow me".

Senna looked at Richard and asked casually "What are we doing here?". Richard watched us enter the clearing as he explained himself in a slow and clear voice "Senna. Listen, Syhna can't stay in the camp". Senna's expression soured, but before she managed to say anything...

"I know I know. Just listen okay?"

Senna's mouth twitched for a second before she nodded. Having escaped Senna's interrogation he slowly walked over to me and got onto his knees. He gently looked at me as he asked "Syhna. How old are you?".

I looked him in the eyes trying to figure out his motives. My first impression of Richard was pretty good... He might be able to tell me something if I reveal a bit about myself?...

After I thought it through I said: "...Maybe around 2 weeks?" I couldn't remember the exact number... Right after I asked the question I followed up with one of my own "What about you?". He seemed a lot taller compared to even my old height... He should've at least be around five or six weeks old... Senna was also pretty tall compared to the old me... She should probably be around three or four weeks. Considering the height... But I already know from father deity and mother deity that they are a lot older than me. So I can't really be sure...

Richard's expression turned knowingly as he looked up towards Senna's stunned expression. He released a slight chuckle as he looked back down at me. He looked thoughtful for a moment before he answered my question "We're not the same species. We age differently. I'm 34 years old..." he said with a slight smile. He pointed towards Senna and said "From what I remember... Senna should be around 20 years old.."

I thought about it for a while and nodded. So it's like that... So they're really more similar to father and mother deity than me?...

Before I managed to dive deeper into my thoughts. Richard continued "I originally wanted to wait for Orrlin... but there's something I want to confirm..." he looked up towards Senna and back at me. He looked thoughtful for a brief moment as his face suddenly turned serious.

"Please sit down in the middle of the clearing Syhna" he said as he gestured for me to follow him.

I briefly glanced at Senna before I followed him. I nervously followed him as we both sat down. I looked at him with puzzlement as I waited for him to continue. I could only barely sense Senna's mana as she still watched from the entrance. My eyes were trained on the mana that gently flowed inside Richard's body. He was uncomparable to Senna... The core in his chest pulsed softly but firmly in his chest as mana made its way around his body...

"What do you see Syhna?"

Richard's voice immediately pulled me out of my thoughts as I looked up into his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Your eyes..." he started saying something, but he stopped mid-sentence. He looked over towards Senna and asked her "Syhna's eyes didn't look like that before right?". Senna shook her head while as she explained "No... it changed after what happened with Paul." Richard nodded as he listened. After a brief moment of thought, he said "Hmmm. So it's really like that?". Richard looked somewhat unsure of himself as he started muttering to himself. 

"I could see colors before" I slowly said as I tried to find the words to describe the difference. I thought about it for a while before I continued "I can barely see the trees from here. They're all hidden behind a grainy fog...". My words caused Richard to stop his muttering as he just silently looked at me. He suddenly said "That can't be right... From what I can sense you should've be much more...". He stopped talking as he suddenly grabbed my wrist...

 

 

22