Chapter 05
733 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 05

"So I guess you already have a lot of suitors waiting for you, right, imouto-san?" I asked her as a slight smile rises on the edges of my lips. I found the idea quite funny. My imouto, an annoying and whimsical girl who is unexpectedly very popular with the boys. But to be honest, I'm not surprised, since I think the character of my imouto is the least of those boys' worries. Surely, what those young people must see in my imouto are the two lumps in front of her. I'm sure those bastards must have drooled and had a lot of wet dreams imagining those two melons of my imouto.

Although, anyway, by doing that on the side. I still think it would be weird if Angelica wasn't popular considering that her slim, small figure makes her look incredibly adorable and cute.

While I feel a bit of a laugh when imagining the scene, Angie, who saw me smile, frowned. Oh, I don't seem to be showing the reaction she expected. Her cheeks swelled, and Angie’s pretty hands clenched from her anger. Come on, Angie, what were you expecting from your Onii-sama? Did you expect me to be jealous or something?

“Oni-sama, what are you laughing at?!” Angie object in anger. “Ah! You don’t believe me?! Is that it?! Onii-sama does not believe me, right?!”

“No, imouto. I believe you, and very much so.” I answered without giving much thought to the matter and continued to walk down the hall.

Although unfortunately Angie seems to have taken my answer as something sarcastic, as if I'm mocking her. Because of this, the redness on her face increased and it didn't take a second to start protesting in an annoying way.

“I’m serious! Onii-sama, I’m serious! Believe it or not, I’m very popular with the young nobles in town!” Bellowed Angie while making sure to emphasize ‘I’m very popular with young people’ as if she wanted to make me angry. The idiot even inflated her breasts as if she were proud of it and showed me an annoying triumphant smile.

Oi, imouto-san. Are you trying to make fun of your big brother because you’re more popular? ... What is this aggression coming from, imouto? You’ll make your Onii-sama angry, you know?

Just by seeing that look Angie is giving me now, she made me smack my lips internally and made me annoyed.

But as if she wasn't satisfied, this idiot continued:

“Even for your information, Onii-sama. In recent months, several young nobles from other houses and families of great prestige in the city, have been coming to the mansion to get close to me and try to conquer me.” Said Angie as she haughtily lifted her chin and added. “Surprised, Onii-sama? Are you surprised at how popular your dear imouto is?”

"Ooh~ Yeah, I'm surprised." I let out a voice of astonishment somewhat acted and feigned.

"Even among the young people who have come to the mansion to try to talk or chat with me, there is also the young master Derric who is very popular in the city." Angie laughed and as she looked at me mischievously, she asked me. "How about it, Onii-sama? What do you think? Now if you are afraid of ending up losing your dear imouto?"

With what Derric, huh...?

I think I heard this name before, but I don't quite remember who this guy is. Without realizing it, I rubbed my chin as I pondered where I heard that name. But then, I realized that while I was reflecting, Angie somehow started to get a little nervous and restless.

Hmm? Angie?

“By any chance, Angie. What family does this guy Derric come from? What is his last name?”

“Huh!? ... Last name, you say? H-His last name is…” Angie stuttered, and I noticed how her eyes seemed to be a little chaotic looking everywhere.

“…”

Angie, who felt my gaze on her, trembled slightly and in an awkward and somewhat desperate way, she giggled. “Ahaha… I-I just…”

Oi, wait... this isn't...

Because of the chaotic and somewhat desperate expression on her face, as well as her attitude of desperately looking for something to divert attention to another issue. I could easily tell what was going on.

"Really, Angie?" I let out an exhausted sigh: “You don't remember what family this guy comes from, but you're still bragging about it. Or rather, he probably mentioned his last name to you, but you didn't even pay attention to who he was, did you?"

“Th-That's not it! If I remember! It-It was… Bar… Barrr——” Angie seemed to be wringing her brain to try to remember the last name of this Derric. Damn, this girl has no salvation. She brags about having a lot of suitors, but she doesn't even remember what family they come from. She probably didn't even pay attention to them or care who they were, and she just used them to try to annoy me.

"Yes, that's it!" Angie finally seemed to remember the last name. She looked up and said, "Now I remember! His last name was Bardolf....... I think."

... What was that "I think" in the end?

"In any case, his family is a fairly well-known merchant house, Onii-sama! It is a leader in the merchant caravan business that travels and transports goods to nearby cities! See, Onii-sama!? It's amazing, right? Now if you feel threatened? Now if you feel jealous——

What nonsense.

I ignored her nonsense and continue to walk down the aisle, paying no more attention to the nonsense of my imouto. Obviously, Angie followed me and caught up with me within seconds. From the look in her eyes, it’s clear what she tried to do a little while ago, but she seems disappointed not to get the reaction she expected. I’m sure she expected me to be upset or jealous or something. But too bad, Imouto-san. Your plan didn’t work.

It took Angie no more than five seconds to return to her normal mood. Her extravagance and enthusiasm returned, and with it her continuous chatter. But it was then, as we walked down the luxurious, beautifully adorned hallway of the mansion, that the footsteps of someone coming from ahead were heard. When I looked up and saw who it was, internally I cursed my luck and felt that today was an unpleasant day for me.

The person walking up was a young, brown-haired man in fine, luxurious clothing, with a gray-haired, rather old servant following behind.

Just by seeing that annoying look on this guy's face, I recognized who he was and couldn't help but internally snap my lips in annoyance.

Angie's reaction was quite similar to mine, as she let out a bitter *Ugh* sound as if she had stumbled upon something incredibly annoying and unpleasant. Her cute baby face frowned with a clear disgust. Her expression right now was very similar to someone’s when she stumbled upon some kind of nasty and disgusting bug.

To Angie clearly dislikes this guy, so much so she doesn’t hesitate for a second to come up to me and hide behind my back while she clings to my clothes with her soft little hands and... smells me?

*Sniff* *Snifffff——*

Ah... Imouto, I understand that you don't want to meet this annoying guy and so you decide to hide behind me, but what does that have to do with you smelling my clothes? Aren't you taking advantage of the situation a little?

7