Arc I Chapter 10
5.5k 80 234
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I


━━━━━━┓┏━━━━━━


Arc I Chapter 10


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


 

11th Anima Lunar 753 AAC

 

Aurora mustered her courage and challenged fate. Determination, resolution led her steps with purpose. Her feet marched, facing the enemy. The point of no return had long since passed. Nothing would stop her from here onwards. She would stand her ground no matter the price.

 

There was no fear, no doubt, no hesitation. From here on, there was only her, a little girl against the world. Her only friends were steel and her mana.  

 

Incessant rain poured down on the earth, hiding the world behind its veil. The enemy was coming. They attacked together. They encircled her from all sides. This was where her story was supposed to end, but not today. This wouldn't be her end. She would see the golden rays of dawn rising again. 

 

She had triumphed over death before. She survived the unthinkable, and she would do so again. No matter the cost, no matter the price, she would fight.

 

Aurora clenched her fist and channelled her mana. Her last try, but this time she would succeed. Through sheer coercion and willpower, her mana mobilised. She had been tolerating its insolence far too long. Sinister purple coloured her pupils as her eyes glowed in the dark. Her mana would obey. The time had come for her mana to acknowledge its true master, her.

 

Excruciating pain befell her. A thousand burning metal needles were driven through her flesh with the sole purpose to torment her. The pain numbed her senses, but Aurora persisted. Her body still resisted, but not for long. Her very soul cracked as the last resistance crumbled.

 

Her work was done. Her mana started to circulate, finally liberated from its chains. A dark purple aura enshrouded her hand. This was her power. This was her. This was Aurora ...


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


The girl's actions didn't go unnoticed. Guenther noticed the sudden shift in her aura. The girl called forth her mana. Its presence was heavy, domineering, overpowering. He needed to act before it was too late.

 

Pushing his body to its limits. His magic enhanced his speed, his strength, his reflexes, his endurance. Mana rushed through his body and Guenther accelerated. He closed the distance and struck. Vigour led his blade. 

 

He didn't get far. His blade was blocked, unable to even scratch her. Her aura deflected his strike. Her mana formed a protective shield ... This power was beyond a simple spirit. This degree of speed, precision, and strength were inhuman. Chantless magic ... No invocation ...

 

Guenther bit his lips. He pressed his assault like a ferocious beast. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

 

He struck again, and again, and again, and again. His blade met her shield, sending purple sparks flying. Neither side was willing to give any ground.  He struck with raw primal force, but her mana didn't budge. Her shield absorbed hit after hit. Her mana repaired all visible damage. He poured all his energy into his final attack. This time he succeeded, he pierced her shield. Her armour shattered, disintegrating into purple mist. His sword penetrated her defence, only to be halted by another layer of solid mana. Her next layer stopped his thrust.

 

Guenther scowled. His blade met her shield. He had her. He was so close, yet he failed to break her hardened mana. Unwavering, her purple shield protected its mistress.

 

“I think we call this turning the tables, don't we?” The girl smirked in dark delight. His blade came close, only a sliver away from marring her beautiful face, but coming close didn't suffice. Her magic gathered. A sphere formed in the palm of her hand, floating. Cold and ominous, pure concentrated mana graced the night with its otherworldly purple light, 

 

Years of experience warned Guenther. He braced for impact, which was the right decision. A blinding explosion hit him from point-blank, hurling him back.

 

Guenther withstood the blast thanks to his superior constitution, but his men had a harder time. They scrambled to get back up.

 

The gleaming light subsided, revealing a little girl dressed in black frills, a little princess was playing with a flame in her palm. Overcome by her maternal instincts, the girl adored her lovely purple fire, beautiful, radiant, powerful, a cute little flame that deserved her love and care. “A wonderful creation, isn't it?”

 

Guenther narrowed his eyes. “...”

 

“No comment? I guess we aren't chatty today, are we?”

 

The girl approached Reinald to claim her first victim. Stunned and shaken by the blast, he never stood a chance. Fear petrified him. Her prey wouldn't escape her.

 

Her angelic smile comforted the scared boy. “Don't worry, it won’t hurt.”

 

Fire devoured Reinald, a sea of vivid purple consumed him, hungry flames always craving for more.

 

“Aargh! Aarghhhhhhh! Aarghhh! AARGHHHHHHH!!! Aarghhhhhh!!! Aarghhhh!” Burned alive, his screams saturated the forest, haunting screams of agonising pain darker than the night until his screams ceased. Her fire fed on his lifeless husk until nothing remained. Nothing remained but a charred corpse.

 

The little princess stood among her purple flames in all of their dark glory, unfazed by her actions, armed with a bitter sweet smile. Her smile sent shivers down the spine of even the most hardened knight.

 

Guenther staggered backwards as did everyone else. Fear broke their courage. He was wrong. The girl was not a spirit. The girl was ... The girl was ... The girl was ... a demon.

 

The girl tilted her cute head. “What's the matter? Did you really believe that you would escape my wrath now that judgement is upon you. ”

 

Guenther stuttered. His breathing quickened. “You ... You ... You monster!”  

 

“Monster? Me? You hurt my tender feelings, you really do.” Her hand touched her heart. “I also have feelings, at least sometimes ...” The girl's sinister laughs filled the night. Her predatory eyes glowed purple in the dark.

 

“...” Guenther gulped. The girl never had the intention to let any of them survive. She would kill them all, without exception.

 

Created by the forces of magic, a wall of fire surrounded the clearing. Purple flames blocked their escape. Blazing heat cut off their retreat. There was no escape. They were trapped in a purple cage together with a little girl.

 

“To be honest, I have nothing against you. I love fire, and my fire loves me. It's nothing personal.” The girl beamed. It was the last thing they saw. Nobody heard their screams. They perished, never to be seen again.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


https://rellawings.com/assuhostedimages/Aurora_Donation_1.png

Salutations, fellow readers and authors!

As you probably know, each chapter you read takes a lot of time and effort to produce.

So make a small contribution and support my efforts on Patreon! Any donation would be appreciated!

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/assurbanipalii

 

234