Chapter 2 – Our Forever
11.8k 28 242
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - Our Forever

 

“No, I am not!” I responded back as the voice laughed, it was a laugh-filled with despair. It was not a happy laugh that is for sure.

 

“Everyone is just lying to me, people simply cannot understand the emotions of a person.” The voice responded as it coughed loudly.

 

What should I do, I thought as I felt something being sucked out from me as the darkness slowly cracked apart. What is happening, I muttered to myself as my thought process rapidly sped up as I recalled the spell I was talking about a while ago, Restore Vision before the whole darkness exploded revealing a vast jungle, with a single girl laying on the ground smiling, it was not a happy smile. It was a smile of someone who had given hope on everything.

 

“I am not a liar like them.” I responded as I looked at the girl who had tears on her eyes, brown hair, clouded gray eyes with dirty clothes that was as dirty as it could get. The girl herself was very pale, by very I mean to the extreme that you wouldn’t be able to differentiate her from a vampire. Not only that, she was as thin as someone who had never eaten anything for a week, the sight of it was not the best to look at.

 

“Why should I even trust you?” She said as her voice became weaker when suddenly, a red light appeared from deeper in the jungle. The red light was spreading very fast as the girl suddenly started sweating.

 

“It’s hot!!” The girl said which caused me to realize that the red light was not any ordinary light but it was flames spreading on the jungle!

 

“Is this finally where I am going to die?” The girl said as she laughed as she weakly stretched her hands up in the arm as if looking at the sky which was covered in leaves.

 

“No, it’s not!” I yelled back as the feeling of hopelessness rose quickly, what should I do, I thought as the fire rapidly spread with the flames becoming clearer than ever.

 

“It’s hot, mama!” The girl said as she sobbed while hugging herself tightly from the heat, it was unbearable to see. Her skin was slowly turning crisp as if it was starting to burn as the smoke covered the whole place before the girl started coughing a lot.

 

“What should I do?” I thought when suddenly time stopped moving, everything from the smoke to the movement of the leaves stopped before my whole view turned gray as my thought process sped up once again. 

 

What can I do in this situation, I thought as I kept thinking of various solutions such as finding water which doesn’t work as my body is unable to move, another solution I thought of was wind but how can I even use wind when I don’t even know what I am right now.

 

Suddenly as if to come to my rescue, the voice which once slapped me in the face reverberated on my mind once again.

 

“Are you really that dumb, or are you acting dumb?” The voice said as if to hit on my pride which was non-existent anyways.

 

What if I am just dumb, will you help me? 

 

“Of course not, you need to help yourselves.” The voice responded as it laughed, whoever you are, I will not forgive it!

 

“Fine, I’ll give you a simple tip. The tip is a single word that starts with a C and ends with a T, that’s all!” The voice said as it slowly faded away.

 

What’s a word that starts with a C and ends with a T, coconut?! There is not even a single coconut tree here, what do you even mean?! 

 

A word that starts with a C and ends with a T, do you mean cottage? Where can we even find a cottage and wouldn’t it burn by now?!

 

What else starts with a C and ends with a T, cart, there is no way a cart would be here right?

 

Whoever you are, I will never forgive you if this girl dies on me. You useless voice, go die!

 

A C and a T, wait did it mean, contract? How am I even going to contract with someone, isn’t this another useless tip?

 

“Come on, are you really that dumb?” The voice suddenly came back and said.

 

I am dumb, so what. How about you teach me how to save this girl instead, instead of letting her die on me!

 

“It’s easy, what does a contract need the most?” The voice asked, what does it even need the most, is it money?!

 

“Ah, another idiot.” The voice said as it facepalmed.

 

“Fine, I will break the law for this and help you out for the last time.” The voice said as its mood changed, It felt like the voice was happy, it was just like a person looking at its child growing up.

As soon as the voice faded, a very bright golden light covered the previously gray world as time flowed once again before golden chains materialized out of nowhere connecting me and the girl before the feeling of something being drained out of me once again crept up before the girl floated up in the air as the golden light rushed up to her.

 

“Well then, this is all I can do for you, my descendant. The rest is up to you.” The voice said as the whole place was suddenly engulfed in bright golden light, immediately causing the flames to disperse as the feeling of exhaustion crept up to me along with my perspective slowly turning dark as I looked at the little girl who was now falling slowly to the ground, with beautiful white skin that I dream of as well as crystal pink eyes.

 

As soon as the little girl dropped to the ground, everything turned dark. It was simply dark, similar to when you fall asleep.

 

Another chapter rewritten, I will at best, try to reach chapter 9 before fatigue reaches me first, possibly chapter 6 until the next break (which is June 10, 2020)

242