Chapter 5 – Food, secured.
8.4k 28 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 - Food, Secured.

 

Soon, my sight returned as I suddenly saw the girl, Alisha sitting on the ground with her finger poking me.

 

“Stop that!” I yelled as she poked me one more time before tilting her head, is poking fun for you? Speaking of which, what had happened?

 

“Sorry.” She said as she drooped her head low.

 

“Wait, it’s okay, more importantly, what happened back then?” I asked as she regained her mood before she shook her head.

 

“You don’t know eith—” I was about to say when information kept flowing into my mind, one of this was information was a full guide about how to make a pact which details about the requirements that needed to be fulfilled, which was trust and a drop of blood which coincidentally was all fulfilled during that time, it was more like destiny that allowed it to happen but such thing can’t happen right, after all, destiny is something you can find on mangas.

 

“What’s wrong, Althea?” She asked with a worried face.

 

“Nothing is wrong, I am fine.” I said as she tilted her head before nodding, not having a head is really a pain since I have to answer everything by words though there is a human form for books like me but it seems like I can’t use it at this moment, most likely it is locked behind some kind of paywall or something like in those MMORPGs. I wonder where I should pay, should I just throw money to myself?

 

“Well then, what should we do now?” I asked as she tilts her head even more to the extent that I could see some kind of question mark above her head, it seems like she is clueless as well on what to do, not having a head is one of the pains but not having a leg and arms is even worse in this situation as I need to teach her the basics of survival, which was what the first wave of information gave me. 

 

The first wave of information had information about what kinds of foods are edible and what isn’t, together with how to survive in the jungle which coincidentally where we are. The survival guide included a method on how to create a basic spear out of branches, but this requires specific branches and also something sharp to sharpen the edge of the branch.

 

What’s even weird is the second wave of information had details about simple magic spells such as how to manipulate wind in such a manner that it allows you to create several phenomenons, all of these are very handy but what’s problematic is how am I going to teach her these stuff when I don’t even understand much about it since it’s my first time reading this guide from my mind and also by guide, I mean a full-fledged guide on my mind with images. It was as if I was reading a book which coincidentally I am one.

 

“Althea, you there?” She asked when suddenly, a loud growl reverberated all around the forest before she blushed. It seems like she is hungry, it’s rather impressive she managed to sustain this long since if it was me, I would probably be hungry within 6 to 8 hours of not eating.

“You didn’t hear anything.” She said while covering her reddened face. I know that feeling, don’t worry cute girl. Now then, let’s try teaching her how to make a simple spear first otherwise we would be going for mushrooms for the night which could be exponentially dangerous.

 

“It’s fine, let’s try finding food for you.” I said as she nodded while sitting down on the soil, what should we do first huh. Well, probably make a spear but the problem here is which branch is the best for the spear, I thought as I looked around the place with my strangely 360 degrees eyes before noticing a straight branch that was probably the perfect length and weight for her.

 

“Can you pluck that branch?” I asked without pointing anywhere other than looking at a certain direction before she nodded and stood up while holding me as she walked towards the tree I was looking at before plucking the exact branch I wanted. Wait, how did she manage to understand that. There is no way on Earth she would know which branch nor tree I was telling her.

 

“Is this it?” She asked while looking at me.

 

“Yep, how did you know?” I asked her as she tilted her head to the side as always before tilting it back.

 

“I just know.” She said as she nodded. What, is this what they call telepathy?

 

“What’s next?” She asked while looking at the branch and swinging it around cluelessly. That won’t work for sure, you know!

 

“Well then, do you mind placing the tip of the branch to me?” I asked as she nodded before holding me straight before holding the branch in front of me, that helps, I thought as I imagined manipulating the movement of the wind, compressing them before shaping the wind into one of those sword slashes I see on animes before pushing the compressed wind in a manner that it sharpens the edges of the branch.

 

Soon, I repeated the same movement over fifteen times with Alisha’s surprised cries every time I do it. Well, I would be doing the same thing if somebody on Earth did something like this, after all, magic never existed there, after the sixteen attempts, the branch was finally sharp and strangely it was hard enough that it could penetrate a dancing rabbit1Totally not a rabbit that is jamming! like that!

 

“Iyaa!” I yelled as I manipulated the wind to throw the spear towards that dancing rabbit which had been dancing towards us for a long time which annoyed me as it’s dancing was more like making fun of us.

 

As soon as the spear struck down, the rabbit immediately fell on the ground before a loud cheer came from Alisha as she ran off to the rabbit with a happy face.

Well then, this is the last rewritten chapter for the week (as of 03/06/2020), the next 4 chapters to be rewritten will be next week. I hope this chapter kind of satisfies you. I mean, I did rewrite every one of these chapters from the start which adds up to a total of 5,000 words today and I still have to write 2 chapters for tomorrow which is stressing me out when supposedly, today is my break period :blob:

193