Chapter 6 – Cooked Rabbit
7.4k 34 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 – Cooked Rabbit

 

Not long after, Alisha came back from picking up the dead rabbit off the ground as she showed it to me with a happy face; the rabbit had blood dripping off from the wound as its body started to turn pale.

 

“What do we do next?” she asked as she picked me off from the ground before staring straight at me. I wonder as well what should we do next since I haven’t cooked a rabbit in my prior life, I thought as I looked at the rabbit before remembering a few important steps before actually cooking a rabbit.

 

One was to drain all of its blood which requires the head to be chopped off; after that, we need to skin off the fur of it before finally removing all the innards which is possible by simply forcing it out with force, I hope...

 

“Can you hang the fresh rabbit (belly-up) over your thigh?” I asked as she nodded before doing exactly what I wanted before looking at me once again and asking “What’s next?”.

 

Hmm, now can you wrap your hands around the rabbit’s body, just below the sternum before squeezing it tightly above the innards till it gradually works its way out of the rear?” I asked as she tilted her head causing me to repeat my words a few times and even explaining it before she finally understood and did the steps perfectly; which after a few squeezes, the innards started falling off the rear-end of the rabbit which looked really disgusting but still, you got to do what you have to do, I thought before she looked at me once again with a troubled face.

 

“That’s good, now can you twist the head off until it pops off?” I asked as she tilted her head while looking at the rabbit before performing weird hand movements in front of me; I think the hand movements were her way of asking if this is the correct way.

 

“Yeah, like that,” I said as she nodded before picking up the rabbit and literally twisting the head to the extreme that she is even pushing her knee on the ground as if to produce more force; after a while of twisting, the rabbit’s head finally popped off as Alisha immediately threw the head away from her, most likely from the disgusting smell it carried.

 

“Great, now can you hold it upside-down?” I asked as she nodded before picking the rabbit from its foot and holding it up in the air as more blood flowed out of the rabbit; after an unknown amount of time, the blood finally stopped flowing which indicated that there was no longer any blood left on the corpse.

 

Now, how do we actually skin off the fur of the rabbit? I wonder if we could simply use our hands to peel off the skin; if I remember correctly from the TV programs I watched, you could definitely peel off the skin from a rabbit using only your hands. I think you start by making a tear on the back ankle using your fingers and from there, peel off the skin slowly, I thought as Alisha stared at me with her head tilted to the side as if waiting for orders.

 

“What’s next?” she asked as she looked at the beheaded rabbit corpse before I instructed her on how to skin a rabbit which took a few moments before she fully understood what I meant and started puncturing the fur of the rabbit using a sharp nail; soon, a tear was visible and from there, she then slowly peeled off the rabbit’s fur. The whole peeling process took a while as she kept looking at me with a troubled face as if she was not sure if she was properly peeling it off; not that I know as well, all I told her was “keep going.”.

 

“It smells bad!” Alisha yelled as she threw the rabbit on the ground after enduring the smell for a while before looking at me as she asked, “Are you sure we can eat this?”.

 

“I am plenty sure, don’t worry,” I replied before she looked at me with a dubious face, as I thought about the next steps that remain, which is actually cooking the rabbit. I am extremely thankful to those primitive videos.

 

“Can we eat it now?” she asked while looking at the rabbit with a weird face, more like a face that shows real disgust.

 

“No, we still need to cook it!” I replied as she tilted her head before asking, “How are we going to cook it then?”.

 

"First, we have to find as much firewood as we can!" I said before she looked around and nodded to herself as she ran off like “sonic” and arrived a few moments later with a lot of branches instead of firewoods; well, it will technically work so that is fine.

"Good, now place the branches of wood somewhere before using two flat stones to create a small fire simply by rubbing them as fast as you could beside the branches of wood?" I asked in order to fulfill one of the few conditions that fire magic requires which is an actual burning flame; soon, she nodded before throwing all the branches together before picking up two random stones from the ground and rubbing them beside the branches as I instructed.

Unlike fire magic in fantasy books, fire magic here is simply the manipulation of burning flames in a way that it either intensifies, weakens, or moves the flames in a certain pattern. Intensifying existing flames is actually adding more oxygen to the flame while weakening is the opposite. Controlling the flames is a different story as it also manipulates the wind very weakly but skillfully to allow the flames to move while not causing the flames to burn out; all of these were simply parts of the mysterious knowledge I acquired a while ago. Soon, it didn't take long before Alisha managed to cause a small flame on the branches, as her eyes were full of surprise as to how she managed to create a fire out of nowhere. Well, the world works in mysterious ways, I thought before thinking of the next step.

"Good, now take four branches and form them into two inverted Vs before sticking another branch onto the rabbit from the rear-end and placing each end of the branch on the center of each Vs." I vaguely instructed, which to my surprise, she still managed to understand what I meant which is really useful; though I really wish I could transform into my human form since it would be more efficient that way while thinking of such, I soon started to intensify the flames by increasing the amounts of oxygen the flame intakes before moving it in a way that it engulfs the rabbit as a whole.

"Can you then start moving the branch in circles?" I said before she tilted her head as I explained it once again until she finally nodded and started to move the branch in circles; it didn't take long until a delicious aroma can be smelled within the vicinity as Alisha couldn’t hold back her drool any longer as she asked, “Is it done already?” which made me giggle as the drool on her face was hilarious.

"It will be ready in a while, just wait!" I said as she nodded before the aroma coming off the rabbit intensified causing her to drool even more as she asked once more, “Is it ready now?”.

"It's done!" I said as I used a simple wind spell to blow the flame out as Alisha immediately stood up and torn off the hot and crisp meat of the rabbit before munching on it with no care of how hot it was.

"It's sooo good!" She said as she continued to take more and more of the meat; and munched on them before showing a delighted face, how nice if I was still a human I would want to eat it as well, I thought as I looked at her quickly eating the rabbit.

This chapter has been fully rewritten from scratch, started at 11:14 p.m, and ended at 12:55 a.m.

What should they eat next?
  • Cooked Worm Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooked Goblins Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Stay with Rabbits Votes: 14 87.5%
Total voters: 16 · This poll was closed on May 18, 2020 11:23 AM.
149