Chapter 11 – Bathing
4.4k 20 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How long are you going to stay like that?" I asked her who was hugging the grass as if it was her life.

 

"Let me stay like this for a while." She said while pouting on the grass.

 

Well, it is our first time leaving the forest ever since. The forest really didn't have any fresh air despite being the closest to trees.

 

"Well, have you thought out about what we shall do next?" I asked before she stopped rolling on the grass and looked at me as always.

 

It seems like I will never be able to leave this girl even if I wanted to, well it's not like I do want to leave her alone.

 

"It might be best we find some kind of village or something." I said before she trembled violently.

 

"NOO!!!" She said loudly as she hugged herself.

 

The trauma must have been too much for her, well I can understand her feelings. The feeling of being hopeless in situations like those, my ability to not be able to save a single person from the accident in the previous world. The trauma of being abandoned really hurts, mother promised she would be with me till the end, she really did fulfill her promise, it was till her end, not my end. I can truly feel her pain, her suffering, being disabled at that time, left alone in a dark forest by the people she trusted the most, by the people she loved the most.

 

"Okay, I am sorry. We will stay within the sidelines for now." I said as I hugged her who was trembling violently as she sat down on the grass while hugging her knees.

 

We stayed like that for a while until she calmed down and stared before her sweet scent entered my nose, her soft breath tickled my cheeks as her pure pink eyes shone brightly. We kept like that until suddenly she turned bright red and backed off in a rush, seeing her back off, I looked at myself before suddenly noticed that I had transformed into something like a ghost.

 

"Wha-what's this?" I muttered as I floated to a nearby rock before actually managing to pick it up.

 

"Are you okay, Alisha?" I asked as I happily floated to where she backed off.

 

"I a-am okay!" She said loudly as she gazed at the side with a bright red face.

 

"Cute," I muttered as my face suddenly turned hot before I turned away.

 

What was that feeling, it felt like something inside of me was tightening for some reason. It can't be love right?!

 

No way, it really can't be love! I am a full-fledged girl you know! I should find a way to clear this awkward mood, how should I do it..?

 

"Aa-how about we find a place to set camp for now?" I asked while trying to look at her only to ultimately blush while averting my gaze once again.

 

"Ee-okay!" She said as she did the exact same thing before we started walking right next to each other with slight peeking at each other's faces.

 

We kept peeking at each other until we unknowingly arrived at an area with plenty of trees which was close to a small bed of water, the water was extremely clean to the extent that it acted as some kind of mirror.

 

"Do you want to take a bath?" I asked after noticing her eyes were actively staring at the water as if she was longing for something.

 

"Mhm, can I?" She asked while blushing, very cute!

 

"Of course, you can!" I said before she shyly looked at me.

 

"I a-am afraid of being alone." She said after staring at me for a second while hiding her face using her hands.

 

"If y-you are fine with me!" I said loudly before she nodded, soon she started undressing her dirty clothes as well as her dirty shorts before slowly dipping onto the water.

 

"A-are you coming or not?" She said shyly, before I nodded and joined her on the water but unlike her I cannot get a single drop of water onto my body as the water just passes through me but somehow I can still move water as well as grab it with my hands which is weird.

 

While thinking about how weird this form was, suddenly a splash of water passed through me from my side which prompted me to look only to see her pouting.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked while tilting my head.

 

"Althea is just too quiet!" She said before splashing more water towards me.

 

"Is that so, then I am sorry!" I said as I splashed back more water towards her, we soon started splashing each other for a while before ending with a laugh.

 

After we finished taking a dip on the water, I tried my best on drying her along with her clothes up with as much wind as possible, I do think there is a spell for drying but I don't really know how it works, I really should have thought this up before I made her take a dip in the water. Well, we did still successfully manage to dry her up slightly along with her clothes which is good as I wouldn't want her to suffer because of how cold it is at night.

 

"Let's start preparing our camp, can you get some leaves, branches, and stones for now?" I asked before she nodded and walked slightly away while sometimes looking back as if to check if I am still here.

 

Her little errand took a while as she came back bringing all the stuff I asked for. We then started by creating a small campfire before taking out the wolf meat that we got, the meat was slightly squashed by her rolling on the grass, we cut the meat into small pieces before placing them onto a small branch before cooking it on the flames.

 

After the meat was cooked, Alisha then started munching on it alone while I stared at her with a smile. It's not like she didn't try offering me some meat, it was just that I didn't feel the need to eat and also unable to resist her hungry face.

 

Soon, she finished eating up all the meat before falling asleep on a tree, I stared at her sleeping face for a while before unconsciously smiling as I took two of the large leaves she got before covering her with it as I stared up at the night sky.

 

141