Chapter 13 – Material Search
4k 8 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "What are we going to do with the materials?" I asked.

    "Hmm, the materials are, one bottle of wolf blood, one bottle of slime jelly, and one bottle of water." She replied while tilting her head.

    "Is that for a single bottle?!" I asked in surprise because if it is for a single bottle then I am absolutely rejecting her request.

    I mean who in their right minds would accept finding that much materials for just one bottle of it unless you really do need it.

    "No, it's for a big jar, of course." She replied which made me sigh in relief, the materials are actually fairly easy to acquire though except the slime jelly.

    "Are wolves those big furry white monsters?" Alisha asked.

    "Yes, wolves are exactly those furry white monsters." I replied.

    "Althea, what are slimes?" She asked again with a cute curious face.

    "Slimes are green squishy monsters that can be defeated by destroying the core inside of them." Iris replied in my stead which I am grateful for as I don't know whether slimes here are the same as slimes drawn in manga.

    "Are they tasty?" Alisha asked while tilting her head.

    "Uhh-?!" Iris suddenly stopped before whispering to my ears.

    "What should I say?" She asked.

    "Don't say anything, just tell her that it isn't edible!" I replied before she nodded.

    "Slimes aren't edible, because they make your stomach go flap flap!" Iris explained.

     What do you mean by flap flap though, is that another way to say that your stomach will get sick?

    "Is that so?" Alisha asked before the two of us nodded.

    She understood what the flap flap means?!

    "Well then, how about we split into three, I'll go find for slimes and you two either go for a wolf or water, is that fine?" Iris suggested, I was just about to nod when suddenly a cry can be heard.

    "Althea is going to leave me?" Alisha asks as her eyes went teary.

    "I won't leave you, stop crying. How about this, we'll go hunt for wolves together then?" I suggested.

    "Then, you won't leave me right?" She asks as she cried.

    "Of course, I won't! I did promise you right?" I said while smiling.

    "Mmm." She nodded before wiping off the tears in her eyes.

    "Enough of your lovey-dovey time please!" Iris said before the two of us blushed.

    "Well then, we'll head out for wolves and water together. Where will we meet up?" I asked as she gave us each two empty glass bottles along with a belt that fits the two empty bottles nicely.

    "It would be better if we meet up here." She said before we nodded.

    "Well then, see you then." I said as we separate ways.

    "Now, where do we find wolves?" I muttered as Alisha was wiping off her teary eyes.

    The most probable location to find wolves would be on a flat land, but who knows maybe we could find some in a forest or something, it's best we search slowly rather than rushing.

    "Let's go find some wolves then." I said before she nodded and we started searching around the whole place.

    We started from the nearby vicinity since the best place to search first is the places closest to you is what they say.

    Our search around the area didn't really give us any results though we did manage to secure food in case we are caught by the night, the food we secured was a simple white rabbit that Alisha killed using her spear.

    We did wrap the rabbit meat on a piece of leaves before she held it on her hands, after searching for about a whole hour in the area, we decided to move to the grassy flatlands where our search radius extended by a large margin.

    Our search on the flatlands started by searching the areas with at least some kind of water bed, as there could be a possibility of a wolf taking some kind of bath which could lessen our work.

    Our first area with a water bed had no trees at all and only had a little pond which had some kind of fish, seeing a fish for the first time I told Alisha that we will be eating here first to which she happily nodded before her stomach growled, she must have kept quiet about her hunger.

    "Can you kill some fishes from the lake?" I asked as she nodded before dipping into the shallow waters with her spear on hand and one by one stabbing each fish with extremely high accuracy.

    She kept stabbing fishes after fishes until she had five different fishes stabbed onto the sharp edge of her spear.

    After she came out, I dried her with slight wind magic just like before, while being dried, she placed the fishes on the grass nearby.

    "Well then, can you make a small fire again and also a small table of stones?" I asked before she grabbed a few large stones and placed them nearby before taking out a lot of branches that were laying on the ground before placing them together.

    After placing the branches together, she then grabbed each stone before placing them like an n as she started rubbing a branch between two small stones before a small fire appeared on the edge of the branch.

    "Great job, just place the branch there and I'll handle the fire while you place these fishes there." I said before I started manipulating the flames into burning even hotter.

    Soon, she placed all the fishes onto the stone before watching the whole cooking take place.

    Meanwhile, I kept monitoring the heat while also monitoring how cooked the fish before having her flip it.

    We kept doing these steps for a while probably like 20 minutes or so before the tasty aroma of the fish came floating around.

    "It's done!" I said before she immediately grabbed one and bit on it as quickly as she could.

    "Hot!!" She said as she placed the fish back on the stone before taking some water from the water bed before drinking it as fast as she could.

   "Be sure to blow on it before you take a bite, okay!" I said as she nodded obediently before taking up the fish once again but this time she blew on it for a whole ten seconds before biting on it.

    Unlike last time where her face was showing hot, this time she was showing a very delighted expression which was very magnificent to my eyes.

    She then started eating it slowly as time slowly passed with the sun moving over our heads.

    "Let's continue our search then." I said before she nodded and we started our search one more time again.

    We first started searching a radius from our current location in case there might be one but to our surprise once again, there was none so we moved to another area where there was a bed of water.

    The bed of water this time was a lot muddy, it had at least five trees surrounding it with some traces of more being cut along time ago.

    We looked around before leaving after deciding that it was not worth it to search this area as the chances of there being a wolf are close to none.

    Our next search point was a small lake with plenty of trees surrounding it, the lake was crystal clear with no signs of dirt anywhere, it was a very good place to live if I had to say.

    Sadly, as usual, there were no wolves to be found but instead there were some large spiders that I found really disgusting, the spiders were black in color with red eyes.

    Thankfully though, they had very soft skin as Alisha's spear managed to penetrate through as easily as slicing tofu. 

    We then left the area after going around in circles for a while before arriving at a large rock where to our surprise had a larger wolf than we fought last time, this wolf was probably the size of an adult man with shiny large teeth that could easily kill.

    Seeing the large wolf, Alisha slightly trembled as the wolf was emitting some kind of majestic aura.

    "Let's approach it slowly before stabbing it." I suggested before she nodded obediently, we then started sneakily walking to the wolf which to our surprise never actually noticed us.

    And it didn't take long before we arrived at a distance where she could strike at the wolf in which she did.

    She used an overarm grip before stabbing at the sleeping wolf's stomach with as much force as she could.

    "AWOOO!" The wolf which was stabbed shouted in pain as it rapidly tried to stand up but to its surprise, it couldn't stand up as Alisha had drilled the spear enough to penetrate deeply before striking the stone.

    Seeing that it was not enough to kill it, Alisha then kicked the stomach over fifteen times before suddenly grabbing a large branch before hitting the wolf's face with it rapidly.

    The wolf kept crying in agony until suddenly it stopped moving at all, seeing that the wolf stopped moving, Alisha then grabbed the spear before stabbing it at the head of the wolf before she heard a loud crack on the spear before it broke.

    "Nooo!" Alisha cried which caused me to rush towards her.

    "What happened?!" I asked as I hugged her.

    "The spear broke!" She cried as she looked at me.

    "It's just a spear you know!" I said before sighing in relief, I had seriously thought she was injured or something.

    "But it was the first thing we made together." She said as she kept crying, how pure.

    "We'll fix it later then!" I said.

    "Really?!" She suddenly said as she wiped her tears.

    "Of course, I mean it!" I said with a wry smile.

     This will definitely bite back at me for sure, I thought to myself.

    "Well, let's first drain all the blood of the wolf onto the bottle." I said before she nodded, we then took both of our bottles as we cut the wolf's flesh to make it bleed.

    A whole hour had passed when there was no longer any single blood dripping from the wolf, we immediately sealed the bottle tightly in order to preserve it's freshness before walking back to the meetup location while also bringing the large wolf with us.

Thank you for 100 favorites and readers, I appreciate a lot and also, we have finally hit our mini-milestone of 10,000 words! I am very sorry if I disappointed you, it really is hard thinking of plots that fit the story but if you have any ideas or suggestions please do tell me, I at least want to please alot of people even if I know I can't please everyone with my writing and the likes. Once again, thank you for the support!

120