Chapter 14 – Alisha
2.9k 9 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "Why do you look so shocked?" Iris asked while tilting her head.

    "What do you mean I look so shocked, of course, I would be really shocked because wouldn't you die if you run out of mana?!" I replied back in a panic.

    "Althea will die?!" Alisha hearing my reply immediately held me tightly with teary eyes.

    "It would be the case for humans if their natural mana regeneration doesn't function but for grimoire, you should be able to regenerate by using the mana of your contractor." Iris explained.

    "Wait wait, can you explain what you mean by using the mana of your contractor?" I asked.

    "Well, how do I say this... Imagine a normal human's mana supply as a bottle with a faucet, that faucet when opened the mana flows while bringing certain instructions such as 'blow this' or 'cool this' in which the world listens to as it executes the instructions. Well that is the best way to explain it for now." Iris explained.

    "But for contractors, it's a different case as instead of one faucet they have two faucets with one of the faucets directly linked to another bottle which is the contracted and this faucet only opens up when the contracted supply reaches below the minimum amount needed to function otherwise the contracted will just gather from the surroundings slowly." She added.

    "So you mean, right now I am slowly draining  Alisha's mana supply, wouldn't it be dangerous?" I asked before she sighed.

    "It wouldn't be so dangerous for Alisha as her natural mana regeneration is almost thrice as strong as the average magician's or so that is what I am seeing as you are currently draining her mana supply as we speak but for some reason, it is still full." She said.

    "Wait, doesn't that mean that Alisha is naturally talented in magic?" I asked in surprise.

    "Well, talented is a word that could be used but that talent may go down the drain without anything to use it on though." She replied while looking at me.

    "Okay, stop gazing at me. I don't know how to allow her to use magic yet!" I retorted.

    "Well anyway, I heard Lazy Wolves have very tough bodies, how did you two kill it?" She asked before we started to retell our small adventure in which her eyes went wide open as if it was about to burst.

    "No, wait a minute here, did you just say that Alisha just struck the lazy wolf with a normal spear?!" She asked loudly before Alisha tilted her head in confusion.

    "Yep, she just directly struck down at the wolf with the spear!" I proudly said.

    "That's impossible, can you show me the spear?!" She said before Alisha nodded and gave the broken spear to her.

    "This spear is normal." She said after inspecting for a while before laughing creepily.

    "What is wrong?" I asked after feeling some chills despite being a small book.

    "Alisha, you don't have any spear to use right?" She asked while creepily smiling.

    "Y-yes!" Alisha replied while trembling.

    "Stop scaring her!" I shouted before Iris regained herself.

    "Ah-sorry, it's just that I may have something for you." She said before taking out a long black spear with golden accents, the spear had an emblem just below the blade.

    Actually, where did she take that spear from?

    "Well, this is a creation made by my father who told me to find it a rightful owner." She said, a rightful owner you say.

    "It seems like I found exactly that, try holding it and see if it recognizes you as one." She added before Alisha nervously nodded and took the spear.

    Soon after she took the spear, it shone bright red before the blade on the tip suddenly curved while also growing.

    It took thirty seconds before the original spear turned into a dark scythe with a menacing and dark aura surrounding it.

    "What is that, that is way too cool!" I shouted.

    "It seems like it likes you more than I expected, that weapon is called Alvion and is made up of Unobtainium, which has extremely high mana compatibility while also having very high durability and sharpness." She said.

    "Isn't that way too overpowered?" I asked.

    "I guess so, but it seems to balance itself to match the strength of the user to have them not rely too much on it according to father." She replied.

    "Well, good for you Alisha, you got yourself a great weapon!" I said before she nodded happily but still there is some visible pouting though.

    "What is wrong?" I asked before she looked at me.

    "But the weapon the two of us made, what will happen to it?" She said in a depressed voice.

    "How about this, I will have my father repair this for you in exchange keep using that scythe, it can always change into a spear if you wish though." Iris replied before Alisha's eyes shone.

    "For real?" Alisha asked as Iris nodded.

    "Actually, I need your help with something Iris." I said before forcing myself to float towards her.

    "Can you make it that you will only ask your father to repair it only if she follows you to town?" I asked in a very low voice.

    "Why is that?" She asked.

    "Well, you see Alisha has a traumatic experience of being exiled from her village which led her to distrust places with population."  I replied.

    "Is that so, then I'll try." She said before I nodded and returned back to Alisha.

    "Well, there is a condition if you want the spear to be repaired!" 

    "What is it?" Alisha asked while tilting her head.

    "Well, it is simple, you follow me to the nearest town!" Iris said before Alisha looked at her eyes.

    "Okay." She replied, wait that is not how it is supposed to go!

    "You accepted way too quickly." Iris said with open eyes.

    "Well, Alisha feels like Alisha is troubling Althea by always being scared. Alisha kept thinking every night, what if Althea decides to leave Alisha because of how much I keep avoiding Alisha's fears therefore Alisha decided to overcome it." She said while tightly gripping her hands.

    "You have really grown, Alisha!" I said before she smiled happily at me with tears at her right eye.

107