Chapter 15 – Danger (1)
2.9k 13 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "Okay, chop-chop, stop with your lovey-dovey moments!" Iris said loudly before the two of us blushed, well to be exact I was blushing inside.

    "By the way Iris, how do you get to town?" I asked, after all, I haven't seen her have any sort of transportation.

    "Hmm, I do have a carriage, they are stored here." She said before taking out some kind of crystal and shattering it.

    As soon as the crystal was shattered, a good-sized carriage enough to fit almost eight people with two white horses appeared out of nowhere.

    "What was that crystal?" I asked surprised.

    "That crystal looked yummy!" Alisha said.

    "Wait, you don't eat it Alisha!" I said before she tilted her head and nodded.

    "Well, that crystal is called Transportation Storage Crystal and is typically used to store your carriages, and also it is not edible." Iris said as she climbed on the carriage.

    "Are they expensive?" I asked.

    "Hmm, about two bronze coins which are very cheap." She said.

    "Speaking of which, are you two not coming up?" She asked while looking at us.

    "Of course, Alisha let's go." I said before she nodded nervously as she climbed up the carriage.

    "Well then, now that everyone is here, let's get going!" Iris said before the two horses started running.

    "Don't horses require some kind of driver to lead them?" I asked.

    "Not really, these ones unless it is a place they do not know, they don't require any driver to handle them." Iris replied while taking out some bread and eating on them before looking at Alisha with a "go have some" face.

    "Is that so, speaking of which I've been wondering how you take out all those stuff?" I asked.

    "Oh, those are magic bags, they are really useful for storing and preserving stuff honestly." She replied while munching on the bread.

    "How nice~" Alisha said as she looked at the pink bag with a rabbit plushie tied on it.

    "Oh this, I don't really use this one too much. If you like it then you can have it." Iris said as she took out the pink bag and gave it to her.

    "Is that so, then thank you~!" Alisha said as she rubbed the pink bag with her face.

    "Also, make sure you register it as yours, I already unregistered my signature there." She said before Alisha tilted her head.

    "Well, I can tell what you want to ask, to register it just open the bag." She added as Alisha nodded and opened the bag before a small light shone.

    "There you go, it should be yours now." Iris said as she clapped her hands.

    "Thank you~!" Alisha said as she smiled, her smile literally gives five hundred thousand damage to my imaginary heart!

    "Well then, we should arrive at the nearest town, Oakville within a day or so. You can sleep if you want, Alisha." Iris said before Alisha shook her head.

    "Well, if that is what you want." Iris said as she took out some kind of wine bottle along with some wooden cups before filling them up and drinking one of them.

    Alisha, on the other hand, looked curiously at the wooden cup before Iris patted her hair.

    "You can drink it if you like." She said.

    "Why are you making a little girl drink?!" I shouted.

    "Oh, it's not wine, it's just sweetened water." Iris said.

    "How do you know it's not sweetened water but wine?!" I said.

    "Well, wine is very expensive, mostly only nobility have those." She said.

    Oh, wine is expensive here, I didn't know.

    "Well then, if you say so." I said before Alisha gave in to her curiosity and grabbed the cup before drinking it.

    "Tasty~!" Alisha said before asking for more, I don't know if I should allow her for more!

    Soon, we kept talking about random stuff like how the town looks, what are the attractive spots there as well as discussing about our circumstances or more specifically, declaring ourselves as abandoned which made Iris sympathize us and asked if we are fine with them taking care of us during the time to which we agreed, after all, having someone is better than no one..

    We also talked about where we will be staying, apparently, Iris has a family house in the town which they don't really use, she can lend it to us for the reason.

    "It will be dusty if no one uses it." She said.

    "Is that so, well then we'll take up your offer but in exchange if you need us then please contact us." I said before she nodded with a creepy smile, I feel like we contracted with a demon rather than an angel, well she is a witch after all.

    Soon after that, we just kept talking before Alisha fell asleep and Iris just looked at the front in case of some monster appearing.

    But I really shouldn't jinx myself as the ground started shaking.

    "What is happening?!" I shouted.

    "This scale of shaking... Is it.." Iris started mumbling.

    "What is wrong?" Alisha said as she prepared a black stick which slowly changed into a spear.

    It didn't take long before the shaking intensified as the ground started forming cracks, it felt like an earthquake was happening but clearly it wasn't one.

    "What is happening, Iris?!" I asked.

    "This is bad, horsey run!" She shouted before the horses started running much quicker than before.

    "What is happening, tell us," I shouted.

    "You will see in a while." She said while sweating hard.

    "You will see, what do you mean?!" I asked.

    "I never expected us to be caught in a situation like this." She muttered before she started chanting multiple spells with all of them ending with "ground" which is a instruction that makes the magic aim at the ground.

    As soon as she finished chanting, wind started getting pulled as if there was a black hole, the wind formed a very clean ball before being thrown straight at the ground.

    Immediately after the ball of wind struck the ground, a large shadow came out from it.

    The shadow soon revealed itself, it was a large crystal red viper with black accents all around it as well a large tooth poking out.

96