Chapter 20 – Empowerment
2.1k 14 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20 - Empowerment

"Do tell me." Iris' father, Kairaos said as he looked at Alisha and me with full interest.

"Well, first and foremost, remember that Ivy Viper that caused plenty of trouble to the kingdom?" Iris said with enthusiasm.

"Yes, that monster is one hell to deal with, what about it?" He asks while sighing, is the Ivy Viper really that much of a pain to deal with?!

"Well, you see. These two killed it with a booom! " She said while explaining it with her actions as well, which caused her father to open his eyes wide.

"Wait, is this for real?!" He asks while stunned.

"Yeah, it is true, they also helped me make this potion!" Iris said as she took out the potion we made a while back before her father took it as fast he could.

Wait! Is the potion really that rare as well?!

"Not just that, but as I said a few moments ago, that stubborn weapon you created back in the days finally acknowledged a new owner!" Iris added while her father was still inspecting the potion with a bright smile.

"Interesting, if you have any proof of the Ivy Viper being killed then the two of them could become a B-Rank easily." Iris's father said while looking at us.

"But, there is a problem, the two, doesn't have any way to identify themselves." Iris said.

"Oh, is it just that?" He asks before I nodded with Alisha following along.

"That's easy then, what would you two like to register as?" He asks after seeing us nod.

Wait, what are the choices? I thought as he suddenly laughed.

"Ah, I totally forgot to mention the choices, sorry there." He said as Iris facepalmed.

"I'll explain the different choices for you." Iris said before she started explaining.

According to her, there are five different areas we can register, one of them is Hunter which are people who hunt or subjugate monsters.

While another one is Agriculture which is as the name mentions, handles anything related to agriculture such as farming and research.

The third choice is Merchant which does what the name implies, sells stuff or the best way to say, business.

The fourth one is Civilian, this one is usually selected by people who like to live peacefully, these people usually work at places such as inns, stores, and the likes. Receptionists of the guilds are also registered as civilians.

The last one is the most unique one, Talented, this area is only for the talented to pick, they have no restriction whatsoever on what they like to do, they can either go Agriculture the first day then move to Hunter before living peacefully as a Civilian.

To register as a Talented, you must first acquire some kind of Achievement that is recognized by the Guild Master of the area.

Also, Talented is what Iris recommended to us with the test being conducted by her Father on one of the guild's training grounds.

The main reason why we are using the training ground as the test location is.

"Well, so we can easily earn the approval of the people as well." He said while smiling, is that so, well whatever works right, Alisha?

Huh, Alisha, you there? I thought as I waved my hand on her eyes a few times before she suddenly came back.

"What is wrong, Alisha?" I asked before she shook her head.

"Oh, the ojou-chan right there must have noticed huh." Iris' father suddenly said as Alisha nodded.

Wait! What do you mean, I am confused here!

"Let me explain to you, Father has this special technique called Empowerment which is also what his aura embodies." Iris said.

"I am still confused, how does the two relate to what Alisha saw?" I asked.

"Well, here's the thing, Aura can only be visible to people with special eyes, and people with these special eyes are able to create their own special aura with assistance from an experienced one of course." Iris explained.

"Wait, does Aura even bring benefits?" I asked as Iris sighed.

"Aura is in a way, exterior mana with special attributes, exterior mana is as the name says, mana that is on the outside of the body compared to interior mana which is only on the inside."

"Remember how I explained how mana works, that was for interior mana, exterior mana works differently, it is like a fountain hitting down on the bottle."

"The fountain is the mana on the surroundings, exterior mana is way easier and faster to manipulate in comparison to interior which requires you to force the mana inside you to leave which is the opening of the faucet." Iris explained.

"What about special attributes?" I asked as Alisha nodded as well.

"Well, for special attributes, we first have to go back to the six elements of the world, which are, fire, water, earth, wind, light, and finally dark. Those six elements are called natural attributes which are attributes that are naturally born in the world." 

"Special attributes, otherwise known as unique elements, are elements that are not natural to this world, these attributes can come as a combination between physical or elemental elements, such as speed which belongs to physical and wind which belongs to elemental, if combined the two form what is called Agility." Iris explained. 

"What is oji-san's attribute?" Alisha asks while tilting her head.

"Father uses Physical Strength and Speed which is a combination of two physical elements, the two combination forms the attribute Empowerment which is the strongest attribute next to the ancient Void which no one has seen yet." Iris explains.

"The ojou-chan right there actually is very compatible with my Empowerment which I am willing to teach if she manages to pass the test later." Iris's father said as he brushed his imaginary beard while looking at Alisha.

No! Stop looking at her!

"Is that so? Can I take the test then?" Alisha asks, this is the first time I've seen her being straightforward, she is growing I say!!

"Are you sure, the test can be painful." Iris's father asks as Alisha unhesitatingly nodded.

"Well then, let's not waste time then and go to the training grounds." He said as we nodded and stood up before leaving the private room.

78