Chapter 22 – Guild Warehouse
2.1k 22 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22 - Guild Warehouse

After the test had concluded, Iris' father had decided to take the two of us in as his apprentice despite me being a grimoire, I still don't know anything and could be the weakest grimoire right now.

There were grimoires in history that were far weaker than me but all of them had long grew into legendary ones, is what I was told.

Well, enough about that, since we successfully passed the test, we are now on our way to have our cards developed.

"How are cards made?" Alisha asks while tilting her head as we walk down the long hallway.

"Well, cards are made with secrets, you know!" Iris explained while trying to act childish.

"Really?" Alisha asks again with a curious face, this is bad, her curiosity is too extreme.

"Yeah, cards are made with secrets, so don't ever ask how!" Iris said while trying to act like a mature onee-san but honestly, that never worked out with her tiny body.

If I had to describe what it looked like, it would be a kindergarten trying to tell a college student how to do algebra, which in our case, the kindergarten student actually understands algebra and the college student doesn't.

"Okay!" Alisha said as she shook her head a few times as if to remove something on her head.

"What is wrong?" I asked after seeing her shake her head a lot.

"Alisha is trying to remove this feeling." She said as she kept shaking her head, won't you be dizzy with all that shaking?

"What kind of feeling?" I asked.

"It feels like a question is stuck in my head." She said with the most vague reply, though it should be her curiosity that she is removing.

"Is that so?" I asked as she nodded before she continued shaking her head until we arrived at our intended destination, which was a large room that had a lobby feeling compared to the tavern feeling, the first time we arrived at the Guild.

"This is the Lobby, which is the main area of a Guild, it is the place where you can take Quests and Sell monster corpses and Request stuff." Iris' Father said in a voice that literally sounded just like the ones in the tutorial of JRPGs.

"Mhm, what will we do here?" I asked.

"First, we need to sell the Ivy Viper corpse here before the two of you can even be verified as a B-Rank." He said as I suddenly realized something.

"Uhh, there is a problem, I may have fried the Ivy Viper." I said nervously before he shook his head and placed his hand on my hair.

"Don't worry, it would be far better if you had fried it fully as it would have removed any lingering poison it would have contained."

"We usually place monster corpses in a very hot machine after all the blood and the useful parts are taken off such as the scales or the furs." He said, is that so, and also take your hand off me grrr!

We soon kept walking until we arrived at a counter where a mature looking blonde onee-san was waiting for us as she led us to what seemed to be a large warehouse full of wooden boxes.

"Can you take out the Ivy Viper?" Iris' father said as I nodded and took out the fried Ivy Viper corpse from the cute magic bag on my waist, the corpse was very pale in color with its scales still somehow intact as several small holes that came from when I was impaling it with chains were visible.

"That sure is gruesome." He said as all of us in the room nodded, the Ivy Viper took up almost 80% of the space in the warehouse which shocked me, not because of its size but because of how much the magic bag can store.

Afterall, I wasn't the one who stored the viper onto the carriage and onto the magic bag, it was Iris.

"Well, it is still very preserved with most of its scales not even having a single scratch which is a pure miracle." The onee-san said as she patted mine and Alisha's hair, get your hand off her!!

"All of these should be worth probably 20 gold coins right along with the quest?" Iris' father asks the onee-san who soon nodded.

"How much is a gold coin?" I asked.

"A gold coin is worth 10 small gold coins, while a small gold coin is worth 10 silver coins with a silver coin being worth 10 bronze coins." He said as he patted my head again, grr, get your hand off me!

But really, how much is a single bronze coin, well I'll just find out after going to a market or so.

"Well then, with this, you two are verified as B-Rank Talents, your card should be done within an hour or so, what would you two like to do?" Iris' father asks before Iris who was quiet stepped in.

"We'll go buy them some clothes!" Iris said before the two oldies realized our ragged clothes and nodded.

"Well, here, you can take some allowance!" Iris' father said as he threw Alisha a heavy pouch, hey careful there!

"Take mine as well!" The onee-san said as she slowly gave me a cute pouch that was heavy as well, I didn't want to open them up.

"Are you sure?" I asked as Alisha tilted her head.

"Of course, be sure to come back to our house wearing cute clothes!" The two of them said in unison, "our" house?!

"Oh, are you wondering who she is?" Iris said proudly as Alisha and I nodded.

"Well, she is my mother, the strongest witch in our tribe." She said before I opened my eyes in shock, why are her parents super strong but Iris, herself being so weak?! 

"Well then, enjoy your little trip!" The two of them said while openly showing their affection by holding their hands after Iris explained.

Ugh, I have to say, the two of them make a cute couple, I thought as Alisha, me and Iris waved our hands and left the warehouse following Iris.

"It seems like we have two more little kids to take care of." The onee-san said in a quiet whisper, that shouldn't be possible for me to hear as we left the warehouse.

83