Chapter 26 – Research Labs
2.1k 7 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26 - Research Labs.

"Well then, is that all you three have to discuss with me?" He asks, well it was way quicker than I expected honestly.

"Hmm. That should be everything, well then, we'll go to the research labs then." Iris said as we stood up and bowed.

"Do you need to be escorted?" He asked as we were led to the door before Iris shook her head.

"Well then, take care!" He said before we left the room and started walking back to the exit of the Guild.

"Which lab should we head to first?" Iris asked as she took out the map while we were walking our way to the exit.

The map shows six different circles that indicate where the research labs are located, the map is also very detailed with the map showing the roofs of the buildings with their names.

It is similar to GPS maps in my previous world but at a lower quality, it makes me curious as to how they manage to do so.

"How about we head out to the Ancient History Lab?" I suggested after taking a look at the map for a while.

The reason was it had the word 'Ancient' which has a higher chance of having at least some kind of information that could help us.

"Hmm, I thought so as well." Iris said after we had left the Guild and started walking towards where the lab is located.

"Why do you think so?" I asked.

"It's because that specific lab holds the highest amount of record for historical records." She said.

If that is so, then that makes our chances of finding clues higher then.

We soon then arrived at the building specified on the map after a long silence of walking.

The building itself was painted all white and had only one door with no windows, the building also had a single sign that mentions their name in cursive writing.

It was similar to a garage but with an ordinary door instead of a garage door.

We soon opened the door before being greeted by a bell sound as we entered a room that should be the guest room here.

The guest room was very simple, it had one couch and a small counter with no one actually there, also there were four different doors on the walls that should lead to four different research rooms I guess.

We then waited at the couch for a while before a woman with large eyebags wearing a lab coat appeared on the counter.

"Oh, we have customers." She said after looking at us awkwardly for a whole five seconds.

"Excuse us, can we request information about a certain object we found? " Iris said as she took out the emblem her father gave as the woman looked at it for a while before nodding.

"Is that so, please follow me." She said before we nodded and followed her to one of the four doors.

Upon entering the door, we were greeted by a fairly large room filled with glasses that seem to be flasks filled with weirdly colored liquid.

There are also two magic tools that look similar to what we found in Iris' father's room but far larger.

"Do you mind showing the object in question?" She asked before I handed the cube from my magic bag.

As soon as she took hold of the cube, she inspected it with her eyes for a while before moving to one of the large microscopes and switching between what seems to be the objectives before moving the cube again to the other microscope but this time, without the objectives.

After she finished with the microscopes, she left the cube there before going to one of the bookshelves and picking up a green book with the label, Ancient Artifacts IV, and rummaging through the book as fast as she could.

"How does she manage to read the details that fast?" I muttered as Iris nodded as well while Alisha was looking around the place with her curiosity.

After a short while of rummaging through the book, she took some kind of paper from a cabinet before wiping the cube as soft as she could before placing the paper onto the first microscope and looking intently at it.

She kept repeating the process for a while before handing the cube back to us with a disappointed face.

"It seems like we have no records about this artifact, not even it's origins somehow but I think the other labs should have some kind of clue if you are lucky." She said as we nodded, well if this lab has no records of it then I highly doubt the other ones to have any as well.

"Well then, do we have to pay?" I asked before she shook her head.

"There is no need to pay, the cube gave me some interesting ideas which is enough." She said as we walked back to the guest room.

"Is that so, then thank you for your time then!" I said as I bowed down with the other two following after.

"No, no, it's fine!" She said before we waved our hands in goodbye and left the lab.

After we left the lab, we continued going through four more different labs, each lab has this weird building, there was even one laboratory modeling their building after a flask.

Half of the labs were maintained by females which was surprising as I expected only one to have a female as their head, but it seems like females are superior in this world.

Well anyways, almost all labs had no record of the cube nor its origin though.

Don't get your hopes down yet because I did say almost, one lab had one clue which was enough.

The clue was it might belong to a certain ruin from the Mechanical Mage era, and that ruin is very close here.

The ruin's name is, the Ruins of the Kinetic King.

77