Chapter 27 – To the Ruins!
1.9k 17 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27 - To the Ruins!

After heading to all six research labs, we immediately headed back to Iris' home to eat dinner, the dinner served was another kind of fish dish which was similar to what my previous world would call sashimi which is raw fish meat being thinly sliced.

The fish dish was also paired with the wasabi of this world which was called 'gurinpesuto' which means 'green paste' according to Iris.

Along with the 'gurinpesuto' is some kind of alternative for soy sauce which actually for some reason has no official name, they just call it 'burakkusōsu' or black sauce but for now, I'll just call it soy sauce because it does taste like so.

Well, if I had to describe the taste, it would be 'nostalgic' taste but really, it is a little bit worse than the sashimi found back in Earth but still edible.

"What is wrong, do you not like it?" Iris asked before I shook my head in denial.

It's not like I hate it or something, it's just that I had eaten something better than this in my previous world otherwise I would be just like you two who are making weird faces while eating.

"Althea, doesn't want to eat?" Alisha asks in a concerned voice while cutely munching on her food.

"I still want to eat, you know." I said to repel her away from taking my only dinner.

"Oh okay." She said as she continued to munch on her remaining sashimi peacefully while also having a troubled face.

"Fine, you can have some." I said as I picked some of my sashimi using my fork before placing them onto her plate, I can't help it whenever she has that look!

"Are you sure, Althea?" She asks while looking at me happily.

"Mhm, eat well." I said before patting her soft hair as she then started eating her food happily.

"By the way, are you two really sure about going to the ruins?" Iris asked while slowly munching on her sashimi.

"Why, is there something about the ruins?" I asked.

"Well, I wouldn't be too worried if it was a ruin that was already explored." She replied.

So, this specific ruin hasn't been explored huh.

"What could go wrong?" I asked.

"Plenty, there was one time during an exploration of a ruin where almost all of the exploration party died." She said.

That is not really good to hear, but still, this cube despite potentially not having any use, still draws my curiosity in.

It's as if the cube is waiting for me to uncover its mystery if I have to say.

"Well, whatever, as long as you two manage to come back safely, that is all I want." She said as she finished eating her meal.

"I'll head to my room first, how about you two, will you be staying in the living room again or finally decide to use a room?" She asks as Alisha and I looked at each other before nodding in unison.

"We'll stay here in the living room again." I said as Alisha nodded.

"Can't be helped, well then I'll see you tomorrow." Iris said as she entered her room, before, I rested on Alisha's lap and looked at her eyes.

"You know, I wonder if I can actually act as your grimoire for once and actually help you in combat." I muttered while looking at her eyes.

"What do you mean, Althea, you've been plenty of help." She said while caressing my hair like I usually do.

"No like, I am supposed to be something you use, not something to protect." I replied while sighing.

"Is that so, all I care about is that Althea is mine." She said while looking straight at my eyes.

"Ah, whatever." I muttered before I closed my eyes and fell asleep on her lap.

Soon, the morning came with Alisha miraculously already awake looking at me with her hand combing my hair.

"Good morning, Althea." She said while smiling.

"Good morning too, got anything on your mind?" I asked before she shook her head.

"Is that so, it's a surprise you are awake early." I said as I got up from her lap and patted her hair.

"Well then, how about you two take a quick bath while I get something from our basement." Iris suddenly said as she handed us two pink towels again while we were in our own world.

"Okay." I said before the two of us stood up and went to the bathroom before taking a long bath together.

We soon came out from the bath wearing an easy to move white dress.

Meanwhile, Iris was already waiting at the living room holding what seems to be a similar scythe as the one Alisha uses.

"You two took long enough, here, take it Althea!" She said as she spun the scythe twice before throwing it straight at me.

Immediately, my body moved on its own and grabbed the handle of the scythe before spinning it until it lost most of its momentum.

"Are you crazy, I could have destroyed the house if I wasn't careful." I said.

"It's fine, this house is sturdier than you think." She said while smiling.

"What is this for though?" I asked.

"That is the Eclipse Scythe, which is the scythe form of Alisha's weapon." She said.

Eclipse Scythe huh, I wonder where they got the name from but still, the scythe really feels familiar though.

It does feel like the scythe that Alisha uses for sure, from it's grip to even its weight.

"I heard your little talk last night and decided to give that scythe to you, I totally didn't give it to you just to see you two come back alright?!" She said while acting like a tsun which is funny but still made me happy as I hugged her.

"Thank you, Iris." I said before she sighed.

"Well then, let's get going to the ruins then?" She said.

"By 'lets', you don't mean?" I asked in surprise.

"Of course, I am coming!" She said before taking out what seems to be a science fiction gun.

"Let's go then!" She said before opening the door and taking out the storage crystal and breaking it into pieces as the carriage we previously used appeared.

"Wish us luck." I prayed as we entered the carriage and started moving towards the unknown!


Finally at the main part of the second arc!

74