Chapter 30 – The Kinetic Queen
1.5k 17 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30 - The Kinetic Queen

As soon as the railgun finished transforming, a large ball of energy appeared from its nozzle as it aimed straight at me, the energy contained by the ball was intense enough that the feeling of death contained my heart.

"I won't let you say your last words!" The mecha girl said as she pulled the trigger, in that instant, the only thing I saw was a bright light, nothing else as all the chains I controlled lost connection.

Expecting my death, I closed my eyes, remembering the very short time I had in this world, remembering the regret I had, and finally remembering my only happiness here.

Suddenly as I was preparing my heart, the light suddenly disappeared before being followed by a very loud explosion along with a scream that came from no other than the mecha girl.

"AGHH! HOW DARE YOU?!" She shouted as she came out from the explosion, in broken pieces, with one of her arms torn away and her legs hole-ridden.

"Are you okay, Althea?" Iris suddenly came running towards me with another person besides her, a man wearing a robe that of a prince, holding a black scythe.

"You two can leave this to me, go crack the code and get your friend free!" The man shouted as he suddenly disappeared before appearing in front of the mecha who had suddenly regenerated.

"Who was that?" I asked Iris as she supported me.

"You don't need to ask, let's get to Alisha first!" Iris shouted as we kept moving to where Alisha was.

Immediately after we had arrived, we saw Alisha now floating up in the air just over the stone slab she was resting on.


"What is happening to her?!" I asked Iris as my heart felt like breaking apart as I stared at Alisha who was now in pain.

"It's a resurrection ritual, which allows an ancient being to resurrect into a sacrificial body, it has several restrictions that we don't know yet." Iris explained in a grim voice as she bit her lip.

A sacrificial ritual then is Alisha being sacrificed?!

"Let's get Alisha out of there!" I said as I ran sluggishly towards her only to be stopped by a mysterious force.

"Stop it, forcing your way in will only make her pain worsen!" Iris said as she stopped me from entering.

"Then, what should we do?" I asked as I knelt on the ground as I remembered my hopelessness.

"Stand up, there is a way to free her and stop the ritual!" Iris said as she picked me up from my shoulders.

"How?" I asked as I looked at her as a single tear dripped from my eyes.

"I need you to wake Alisha up with your words, while I destroy the mysterious force."

"The energy that is driving the mysterious force is Alisha's negative emotions, the ritual places her into a loop of nightmares in order to slowly but surely break her heart." Iris explained as she took out a small device that looked similar to a landmine and placed it on the ground before it turned into a large machine like a supercomputer.

"How am I even going to speak with her if I can't reach her?" I asked.

"Use this when I say so." Iris said as she handed me some kind of headphone with a microphone.

"Are you sure this will work?" I asked as I wore the headphones and relaxed my heart.

Remember, Althea, this is for your selfish reason of not wanting to live without Alisha! I thought to myself as I calmed myself.

"It has a 20% chance of working which is better than the 0.01% chance of rushing inside." She said as she started typing as fast as she could while explosions were echoing around the place.

"You can start now." Iris said as she pressed a button, before I nodded and stared at Alisha who was up in the air, with tears dripping on her eyes, as she groaned in pain.

"Alisha, can you hear me?" I muttered as I started remembering the few days we've been together, the short fun, the short happiness.

"Alisha, did you know, that I longed for your warmth more than ever?" I muttered again as tears dripped from my eyes.

"Do you remember our first meal together?" I muttered as I looked up with my voice turning rough.

"Our first meal was delicious right, how about we eat it again once everything is done?" I said as I let out my tears.

"It's a yes right?" I asked as the whole place suddenly got covered by a pink vibe.

"Do you remember our first bath together, and all the times we've been together?" I asked as my knees felt weak.

"Will you come with me, on a journey to the world?" I said as a large glass cube became visible in front of me which soon broke into several pieces as Alisha slowly fell back down to the slab.

"You will, right?" I said as I rushed towards her before letting out all my tears beside her as the whole place distorted once again before transforming into a grass field filled with butterflies and flowers.

"You did well, coming here, my descendant." A woman suddenly appeared in front of me while smiling.

"Who are you?" I asked as I wiped the tears on my eyes.

"I am just a mere remnant soul of the first generation grimoire, Althea the Kinetic Queen." She said while smiling at me with no ill-feelings, the smile was just a pure smile, similar to a grandmother looking at her grandchild.

73