Chapter 33 – Home Sweet Home
1.5k 12 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33 - Home Sweet Home.

Soon, the morning sun rose up in the sky as I woke up with an Alisha staring intently at me.

"Goodmorning, Althea." She said as she smiled at me.

"Morning to you too, Alisha, did you even sleep?" I asked as I combed her hair unconsciously.

"Mhm, I slept." She said before her stomach growled loudly.

"What was that sound?" Iris asked as she suddenly woke up with her hand on her magic bag as if preparing a gun.

"It's just Alisha getting hungry." I said as I tied her hair up before nodding to myself, she looks way more mature with a ponytail.

"Is that so, then how about I prepare breakfast?" Iris said as she pulled a handle on her side before the wall behind her suddenly turned into an electric stove.

No wonder why the carriage was very large, it must be hiding a lot of stuff, I thought as I looked over the place before noticing a button near the roof, a button near us, another handle beside Iris, and more.

This carriage is literally packed with features, I wonder if they also have those hologram screens.

"Would you two be okay with a simple toast?" Iris asked as she took out a loaf of bread, ham, tomato, lettuce, and cheese which I do not know what kind exactly.

"Mhm, we'll be okay." I said as Alisha nodded as well.

"Anything my niece makes will be fine." Iris' uncle said as he smiled.

"True." Alisha said as well before Iris smiled and sliced the loaf, lettuce, and tomato before placing them in a specific arrangement and throwing them into a heated frying pan.

It seems like they use different ways to make toast but well, as long as it works, somehow?

Soon, the aroma of the toast floated around the carriage as Iris' uncle pressed a button beside him which caused the windows to open slowly.

"I can't contain my hunger!" Alisha said as she gripped her hand from possibly taking the food from the pan.

"Don't worry, it will be done soon." Iris said as she turned off the electric stove and took out a table along with a plate, fork, and knives.

"Here you go, my special Moripan." Iris said as she placed each of our plates with the breakfast meal she made before Alisha then took her fork and knife and ate hers without waiting for it to cool down.

Iris' uncle soon followed after Alisha with Iris herself brewing some kind of drink that smells like coffee but I couldn't tell exactly.

I soon ate mine before being engrossed in the absolute breakfast taste, well that is a vague description but all I can say is, the cheese tastes like mozzarella, the ham was well-cooked and the other ingredients just blend in way too well, just like breakfast.

"How is it, good?" Iris asked as she placed a coffee pot with cold ice from somewhere that I didn't notice.

"It's really good!" Alisha said as she looked at the one I am eating with a troubled face, this is the only part of her that will never change huh.

"Here, have mine." I said as I sacrificed my food to her, you just can't resist her cute face despite the two of us having the same appearance.

"Are you sure, I won't give it back, you know?" She asked before I nodded in which she took no time and munched on her food.

Iris and her uncle then looked at the two of us with a bright smile as they continued eating theirs slowly as I poured cold coffee onto my cup before sipping on it.

The coffee had a taste of some kind of sweet fruit with a creamy taste but still tasted like coffee, well it is hard to describe but it just tasted like that!

Time slowly passed as all of us finished cleaning up everything as our carriage slowly entered the gate with the guards saluting instead of asking for our identification.

Is this carriage registered for a high-ranked noble or something? I thought as we slowly transversed through the town before arriving at Iris' sweet little home.

"It's been a long time since I came here." Iris' uncle said as he opened the doors revealing a sweet home feel as Alisha rushed to enter before throwing herself to the wooden couch we usually sleep on.

"I am home." Iris said to herself as she entered her own house, it feels like we haven't been here for a long time which surprises me as I entered the house and sat beside the resting Alisha who suddenly hugged my waist in surprise.

"What is wrong?" I asked her as I caressed her hair.

"Nothing, I just wanted to." She said as she smiled adorably.

"Please keep your lovey-dovey moments by yourselves!" Iris said as we laughed loudly.

"This is really nostalgic huh." I said as the two of them nodded.

"Well then, do you three have any other plans today?" Iris' uncle said as he stretched around.

"Not really." I said as I looked at Alisha who had other plans.

"Dates with Althea!" She said loudly before Iris giggled, she has really become open to her feelings which is a good thing.

"Well, you two can do that after we report to my brother, is that fine with you?" Iris' uncle said before the two of us nodded in unison.

"Great then, we'll head there after lunch. So take your time resting for now." He said as we nodded before he smiled and went to another room as Alisha hugged me tightly before slowly falling asleep.

I wonder what happened to her to change this much, I thought as I caressed her hair as Iris went back to her room after placing all our stuff beside us, especially our scythes which were just like Alisha and me, twins in appearances and inseparable.

69