Chapter 36 – Wolfie?!
1.3k 21 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36 - Wolfie?

Soon, the morning came once again as my body felt extremely heavy as if two rocks were placed on top of me.

I turned around to see what it was, only to see Alisha's adorable sleeping face that screamed "poke me." which I did and poked her cheeks before she suddenly twitched as her eyes slowly opened, revealing her pink eyes.

"Good morning, Althea." She said as she rubbed her eyes cutely.

"Good morning too, Alisha." I said before getting up from the extended couch and stretching my body a few times to gain the good morning energy.

After seeing me stretching, Alisha soon followed and started stretching her body the same way as I did.

"Good morning, you tw—what are you two doing?" Iris asked as she exited her room.

"Stretching, you know." I said as I did my final set of stretches before laying on the ground exhausted.

"Isn't stretching just raising your arms up in the arm?" Iris asked confused as Alisha finished copying my last steps and dropped to the ground in a similar fashion, it was exactly the same movement as mine but without the exhausted look, it felt like she thought it was part of the exercise but whatever.

"Well, anyway, what would you two like for breakfast?" She asked as she took her apron from a hanger on the wall and wore it.

"Anything." Alisha and I said in unison as we smiled, before I stood up from the ground and handed her a hand in which she took and got up as well.

"Well then, have a seat in the dining room while I prepare something." She said as we nodded and followed her to the kitchen or rather half-kitchen, half-dining room.

We then sat next to each other as Iris took some eggs and broke them on a pan before slicing up ham, some vegetables and throwing them onto the pan.

Judging from the ingredients, it seems like she is making omelette which is something I haven't had in ages, I wonder what it is called here.

Soon, she finished cooking the omelettes and placed them onto three different plates before getting ketchup and writing something on each of our omelette.

"Well then, enjoy." Iris said as she finished writing on the omelettes and took the plates to the table and gave it to us.

The one I received had the word "Al-al" on it while Alisha got the "troublesome" one which she pouted but still ate.

Iris meanwhile wrote herself the word "chef" which was very ordinary but still, I shouldn't mind such trivial things as I started eating my omelette.

Time slowly passed as we finished eating, and we soon took a bath before meeting up in the living room.

"Do you two have any more plans for today?" Iris asked as she ate cookies.

"Not really." Alisha said as she stole some cookies from Iris' plate.

"Hmm, I actually want to try taking quests for the first time." I said before Alisha's eyes suddenly shone.

"I never thought about that!" Alisha said as she showed high interest.

"Is that so, I recommend you two take some easy quest such as monster subjugation with wolves and goblins at max." Iris said as we nodded.

"Well then, are you two heading out now?" She asked as I looked at Alisha who nodded before taking both of our scythes which were exactly the same in appearance except for one slight difference in the grip.

"You two really look like reapers in that dress." Iris said as she laughed, well I wouldn't deny that statement, as well as the dress we are wearing, is a full black frilly one which was different from our usual lively mood dress.

"Well then, safe trip you two!" Iris said as we waved our hands before leaving for the guild, our trip to the guild was smooth though as we memorized the route towards it during our days as we entered the tavern before directly heading to the lobby.

The lobby was extremely filled for some reason, everyone was picking up quests from the quest board and leaving in parties, which should be the daily routine here.

"How about we ask the receptionist for a recommended quest?" I suggested to Alisha who nodded as we walked to the receptionist who was a brown-haired onee-san.

"Hello, little girls, how may I help you?" She asked as she patted our heads.

"We would like to take a recommended subjugation quest." I said as we took out our identification cards to which she looked in surprise before regaining her calm and nodding.

She then soon came back with two different monster subjugation quests, surprising all two were easy targets, it was just a wolf and a goblin.

"I would like to take all two." I said as the onee-san nodded and typed something on her desk before giving us some wooden plate.

"You two can give this plate back once the subjugation is complete, it records all the kills you make during the session." She said as we nodded and left the guild before heading out to one of the town gates before being greeted by a few knights.

"You two going for a quest?" A female knight asked as she looked at us with a smile.

"Mhm." I nodded along with Alisha before she patted our heads.

"Take care then." She said while smiling.

"Thanks." We said before we left the town and headed for the forest, I won't go into much detail about how long it took but all I can tell you is we found our targets within a few minutes before reaching the forest and easily killed them with no trouble at all.

"These ones feel way too easy now." Alisha said as I nodded when suddenly a small cry echoed from the forest, just behind a bush.

We immediately rushed to the bush before suddenly seeing a critically wounded wolf cub.


This one is at a really fast pace compared to the rest, since there wasn't really much to explain about each scene, I wanted to go a little bit straightforward near the end. It is also 3:16 A.M during the time I am writing this which is very late. I started writing the first chapter over six chapter at 2 P.M and continued on which totalled over 6,000 words. I am quite happy to achieve 6,000 words in one day though. Sorry for my short rant!

61