Chapter 37 – Adoption
1.3k 16 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37 - Adoption

"Who did such a cruel thing?" Alisha said as she picked up the wounded wolf cub and poured water on its wound as it suddenly twitched violently but still, Alisha kept it on her arms, slowly caressing it before carefully wrapping the crying little wolf using her towel.

The wolf cub was injured heavily on its stomach, with every single one of its claws cut, it was clearly the action of a human as it's wound was as clear as day, a sword slash.

"What should we do, Althea?" Alisha looked at me with a troubled face.

I wonder if we can take the wolf with us to the town, ahh~ whatever!

"Let's go back to town then." I said before she nodded while holding the wolf cub gently in her arms as we rushed back to town as fast as we could.

The town was not really far from our current location, if I had to go by my previous world's time standard then it would be only ten minutes if we rush with all our might which is what we are doing right now.

After a while of running, we arrived at the gates with a female knight looking at the wolf cub which was in pain.

"What happened to that wolf?" She asked as she approached us.

"We found it injured in the forest." I said before she nodded.

"Quickly, let's get it to the Pet Care Center!" She said as we nodded and followed her before we arrived at a large building that looked similar to hospitals in my previous world but on a lower scale.

"Excuse us, we have a wolf cub injured." The female knight said as she entered the building before a woman that looks like a nurse came out of the counter and rushed to us with a basket bed in her arms.

"Please gently place the wolf cub here." She said to Alisha who hesitated before looking at me with a troubled face as I nodded.

Alisha after seeing me nod then slowly placed the unconscious wolf cub on the basket bed slowly as the nurse nodded at us and rushed to a room.

"Will the little wolf be okay?" Alisha asked as her face was very worried.

"It will be fine, you can trust them." The female knight said with confidence as we sat down on a bench, waiting for the nurse to come back.

"How did you two find the wolf, if I may ask?" She said as she looked at us.

"We were finishing up our quest from the guild when we heard a small cry near the bushes and saw the wolf there." I replied as Alisha was in a daze.

"Hmm, do you have any plans of adopting the wolf?" The female knight asked.

"Aren't they dangerous?" I asked before the female knight shook her head.

"That wolf belongs to a special protected race called Helper Wolf, these wolves are deemed more helpful than harmful especially to disabled as they assist them." She explained as her mood went dark.

"It is just that some people just don't know how to appreciate those poor things and abuse them, to make it worse, these poor things are also selfless, they would rather die than harm their owners.." She said as her eyes were full of pity.

"I see, then would it be fine to adopt it?" I asked after Alisha gripped on my dress.

"It should be fine but you would need a recommendation from someone." She said.

A recommendation huh, I wonder who could give us one, as I was thinking such thoughts, Alisha who was in a daze had the word disappointed written all over her.

"Is there any other way?" I asked as I combed the disappointed Alisha's hair.

"There is a way but it would be expensive." She said as Alisha's eyes shone as if it had found hope.

"What would that be?" Alisha asked with full determination.

"Well, that would be buying a license to own one which is worth at least 50 gold coins." She said.

50 gold coins is a lot though, but it is still possible.

"Can we pay in installments?" I asked when she tilted her head, it seems like they don't know what installment pay huh.

"Well, let me explain what it is, Installment loans are personal or commercial loans that borrowers must repay with regularly scheduled payments or installments." I explained.

"Oh, you mean monthly payment?" She asked as I nodded.

"You can pay monthly but if you miss two deadlines then your license will be revoked though." She said.

Well, isn't that normal?

"It is fine to me, but can we pay anywhere in the kingdom?" I asked.

"Yes, you can pay anywhere on the Pet Centers." She said as Alisha poked my shoulders as if to tell me to do it.

"Then we'll do exactly that, where do we get a license though?" I asked before she giggled.

"For that, all you have to do is go to a nearby Pet Center with the pet, of course, and they will first verify if the pet is being forced or not before asking for your payment method." She replied before a bell rang.

"Oh, it is time for me to switch shifts, well then see you next time, little cuties!" The female knight said as she patted our heads and left the building.

Wait, I forgot to ask her name, ahh whatever!

"Shall we eat while waiting?" I asked as I took out some cookies that Iris made.

"Mhm." Alisha nodded as she stole the whole pouch of cookies from my hand and took as much as she could before handing the pouch back to me with only three cookies over the fifteen left.

Where did she hide the other cookies?! Ahh, whatever, glutton Alisha is still the cutest, I thought as I started eating the three remaining cookies slowly.

Soon, almost an hour had passed according to the clock on the wall when the nurse came out from the room holding the basket bed.

Seeing the nurse with the basket bed, Alisha took no time and rushed towards her with her lips full of crumbs.

"Sorry for the delay, the wolf cub is fine now and is sleeping peacefully." The nurse said as she gave the basket bed to Alisha who was staring intently at the wolf.

"Also, the head director said that the two of you can take the wolf back, leave the licensing stuff to her." The nurse said which shocked us.

"Excuse me but who is the head director?" I asked when she tilted her head.

"Weren't you together with the head director a while ago?" She replied.

"Wait a minute, do you mean that female knight that was with us awhile ago is the head director?" I asked in surprise as she nodded

What, is she a cosplayer or something?!

My new release schedule will be 8:40 A.M, 5:40 P.M and 12:00 A.M. It is subject to change in the future though!

68