Chapter 38 – TacDonald
1.3k 17 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38 - TacDonald

“What about the license fee?” I asked.

“There isn’t any license fee to be honest, well, previously before the head director took over, there was but nowadays, it all depends on whether you can earn her trust or not.” She said as she giggled.

“Is that so?” I asked with a troubled face while looking at Alisha who was watching over the sleeping wolf cub.

“Don’t worry, you two can take care of the little wolf for sure!” The woman said as she patted my back with confidence.

“Mmm, I’ll take your word for it.” I said after remembering how much Alisha really wanted to take care of the wolf.

“Well then, do you two need the basic guide and kits on how to take care of one?” She asked as I nodded before she took out a decent sized pouch from somewhere and gave it to me.

“That pouch should contain enough treats for a week, and also a complete guide on how to take care of her.” She said before another person suddenly arrived with a leashed wolf.

“It seems like we have another customer, you two can leave if you like, feel free to come if you have any questions regarding the wolf cub.” She said as she winked at us before leaving to handle the other person’s concerns.

“Hey, Alisha, shall we go now?” I said as I looked approached her who was now at a bench carrying the small basket while watching it with not a single noise.

“Okay.” She said with a smile as she carried the small basket onto her arms as we left the building before a loud growl can be heard.

“You hungry?” I asked as she nodded shyly.

It is lunchtime here after all, well this is also a good opportunity to try out the restaurants here that we haven’t actually tried, I mean we did try out the food stalls here which was absolutely good if I had to say.

“Hey, Althea, let’s try that one.” Alisha suddenly said as she looked at a building that looks like a chef’s hat with a large sign that says “TacDonald’s” which reminds me of MecDonalds1MacDonalds. from my previous world.

“Okay, let’s go then.” I said as she nodded before we entered the building before being greeted by a spacious room filled with tables and chairs, the room looked extremely modern with the tables and chairs painted in black and white.

“Welcome, please have a seat.” A young girl wearing an apron said as she led us to a table near the corner, the table was large enough to accommodate three people’s worth of food at once which was what I wanted knowing Alisha, who is a closet glutton.

As soon as we took our seats, the young girl took out a small menu which was made of simple paper and surprisingly, it had images of the food, not just drawings but actual images.

The menu had simple dishes, such as hamburgers and fries, there was also what seemed like chicken fillet with some weird sauce on it and the most surprising of all, there was ice cream.

“I would like one of this and three ice creams please.” I said as the young girl nodded and wrote it down on a small paper before looking at Alisha who seemed to be troubled on what to pick.

“Hmm, can I have three of this and that?” She said as she pointed at what seemed to be hamburger and ice cream, and by the way, if you are wondering what kind of hamburger, it would be something like a Big Mec in my previous world but larger.

“Hmm, let me repeat it once again, three Big Tacs, six TacFlurry and a single Tac Fillet Ala Queen2Chicken à la King is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, and often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, served over rice, noodles, or bread. It was also often served in a vol-au-vent or patty case, is that correct?” The young girl said in a professional manner as we nodded.

“Well then, please wait for awhile as we handle your order.” She said before bowing down and leaving our table to head to the counter, meanwhile Alisha was now eating some kind of bread stick that was left on the table for us to eat while waiting, well rather it was for Alisha to eat not me sadly.

“Do you want to go anywhere after this?” I asked after remembering that we will be moving to the capital either tomorrow or the next day after.

“Nothing left.” She said as she caressed the wolf cub’s fur as it twitched slightly.

We soon talked about several things like what to do with the wolf cub in the future and etc before a butler arrived holding two trays filled with plates and also cups that seemed to be for the ice cream before placing the trays on our table and elegantly placing everything, what was even surprising is everything that Alisha ordered was on her side while the stuff I ordered was on mine which in my previous world, they would just place it randomly.

“Is there anything missing?” The butler asked as we shook our heads, everything was in place, from the ice creams to my chicken fillet.

“Then, please enjoy. You may pay after you finish eating at the counter right there.” He said as he bowed down before leaving us alone.

“Well then, let’s start eating?” I said before she nodded and placed the basket bed on a chair next to her before picking up her spoon and fork and started eating with no care in how she looked.

I soon followed her and took up my spoon and fork before slicing off a piece of the fillet using my spoon and stabbing it with my fork and munching before following up with rice, do you want to know what it tasted like? 

Well, you probably never asked but I’ll just say it, it tasted like fast food, as simple as that, it was the nostalgic fast food!

I then took a smaller spoon which was most likely made for the ice cream and scooped it before placing it on my mouth, as the nostalgic taste of soft ice cream followed.

We soon kept eating until every dish that was on our table was inside our stomachs before heading out to the counter to pay, a grand total of… 5 silver coins! It was surprisingly cheaper than I expected, I really expected it would be at least one gold coin though.

Anyways, after we had paid our bill, we left the restaurant and went back to Iris’ home, only to see a fairly large carriage waiting for us.

65