Chapter 39 – Troubles & Nahrin.
1.2k 13 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Chapter 39 - Trouble & Nahrin.

 

“You two, come quickly, we have to go!” Iris said as she rushed up to us with a panicked face before a loud explosion resounded around the whole town.

 

“What is happening?” I asked as we got inside the carriage as it started to move, the carriage had all of Iris’ family members inside full of grim faces.

 

“It seems like the higher rank demons have invaded the town, everyone has been issued an evacuation alert before we left.” Iris’ father said as the carriage moved even faster as more and more explosions resounded around the town as fires started burning.

 

“What are demons?” Alisha asked as she hugged the wolf cub on the basket bed tightly as if to stop it from hearing the explosions.

 

“Demons are creatures born from extreme miasma, these creatures have intelligence just like us, humans but unlike us, they are born evil and tend to not group up together.” Iris’ mother said as the carriage entered the pathway beside the forest.

 

"Then why are they grouping against the town?" I asked as I looked back before seeing the town now in flames but somehow there were no people leaving, it was as if there was no one inside the town at all.

 

"These demons are different though, the one leading these demons is another demon who is far stronger than any kind of demon, a Demon King." Iris explained in their stead.

 

And here, I thought this world was at least a little bit more peaceful than the ones described in mangas...

 

"Well, it is a normal occurrence by now as a demon king is born five thousand years after the demon king before it dies." Iris added.

 

"Mm, I understand but where are the people inside the town?" I asked.

 

"Well, during those few tens of thousand years, our ancestors have developed a very special area spell which is called Town Escape." Iris' father said.

 

"Town Escape, is a large-scale spell in which allows the civilians to teleport to another town that is marked as untouched while leaving behind illusions that can distract the demons for at least two weeks but this spell burns a whole power stone in exchange." He added.

 

If I remember correctly, a power stone should be those large magic crystals that are planted everywhere to power the whole kingdom right?

 

"Where are we heading to by the way?" I asked as Alisha fell asleep with her head laying on top of my shoulders while still holding the basket bed tightly.

 

"We are heading straight to the capital to report about the situation and allow all the towns to reinforce themselves in case of an attack." Iris' uncle, who was the head of the King's knight replied.

 

"The town, after all, is the first line of defense the kingdom has against those demons, that is why everyone in town isn't really surprised about the event." He added.

 

That does make sense, after all, it would be weird if everyone wasn't used to such things especially if the place they are living in is the first place to be hit when an attack happens.

 

"Well for now, how about Iris and you go sleep for now after all the capital is still three days away." Iris' father said as he scribbled on some kind of paper which I couldn't read at all as his handwriting was extremely weird, it was full of weird symbols that just doesn't make sense at all.

 

"Mm, let's go sleep, for now, Althea, the three of them will be writing reports about the situation, it's best we don't disturb them." Iris said as she sat beside me while smiling.

 

So, those weird symbols must be some kind of secret message, as I thought.

 

"Okay." I said before closing my eyes and relaxing myself as my head fell gently on top of Alisha's head before my consciousness suddenly arrived at a garden full of roses and sunflowers.

 

"Where am I?" I muttered to myself as I looked around before seeing a large tree that stretches up beyond the clouds, the tree had branches that were filled with weird symbols with its leaves having an unusual white color.

 

"What is that?" I muttered as I touched the trunk of the tree before my consciousness suddenly came back but this time, it was already the next day with Alisha being licked on her cheeks by the wolf cub.

 

"Good morning, Althea." She said as she looked at me with a smile.

 

"Morning, where are they?" I asked before she pointed out at the window, which showed them or more specifically Iris cooking some kind of dish using her magic-powered stove while her father and mother were still writing on a bunch of papers.

 

Strange, did I just traveled through time, or did that very short dream actually lasted a whole afternoon and also night?

 

"When did the wolf cub wake up, by the way?" I asked as I took the wolf cub which was oddly obedient as she licked my cheeks happily.

 

"Just an hour ago." Alisha said as she looked at the wolf cub with a smile.

 

Also, I called the wolf cub a she because the wolf cub is actually a female.

 

"Have you named her?" I asked before she shook her head.

 

Is that so, then what would be a good name, I thought as I looked at the wolf cub before noticing her fur which was white and black.

 

"Then let's name her Nahrin, which means two rivers." I said as Alisha nodded while smiling brightly, the wolf cub as well cuddled on my cheeks as if she approves as well.

 

"From now on, you are Nahrin, okay?" Alisha said as she hugged the two of us before the door of the carriage suddenly opened with a surprised Iris standing there.

 

"I won't say anything except the food is ready, you two or rather three may come late but don't expect any leftovers!" She said as she closed the door.

 

"Wait, we're coming!" Alisha said as she rushed out the door as the wolf cub, Nahrin followed her.

 

I wonder if that cub is a glutton like her owner, it would be a pain for my finance if she was, I thought as a smile bloomed on my face.

We have finally reached the start of the third arc, another arc, another new cover! 

64