Chapter 45 – Nostalgia.
1k 21 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45 - Nostalgia.

“Interesting, I never thought someone would be able to have two of the thirteen Grimoire’ element.” The Great Sage, Celeste said while patting my hair.

Hey no, stop that, I don’t want head pats!

“What are the thirteen Grimoire’ elements?” Alisha asked while looking up to the Great Sage, actually yeah, what are those?

“The four Grimoire’ elements are elements that can only be acquired by grimoires; these elements are extremely mysterious with us Great Sages, having no records of what they can do.” The Great Sage, Celeste said while looking at me with a suspicious gaze as she soon whispered to me.

“You should hide your identity as a grimoire, it’s fine for the Alverosts but the other families might want to capture you if your identity is caught.” The Great Sage whispered to me which caused shivers on my spine. Wait, why are the Alverosts fine? I mean, if my memories are correct, hasn’t Iris already seen through my identity back in the forest, I thought as the Great Sage just smiled at me before I shook my head.

“Don’t think much about it.” She said as she clapped her hands.

“Well then, would you three like a tour around the academy?” She asked as the three of us nodded before she giggled.

“How about me, grandma?” Iris’ mother, Ann asked.

“It’s fine, you should be knowledgeable about this place since you were a student here before.” The Great Sage said while smiling.

“Fine.” Iris’ mother said as she smiled wryly.

“Well then, let’s get going?” The Great Sage said as we nodded when suddenly the whole place around us distorted before arriving at a peaceful garden full of lilies, with plenty of students especially female ones having picnics all around. The garden had a very large tree in the center, the tree was like a cherry blossom with most students hanging out around there. The tree, just by staring at it, makes you feel calm.

“This is the place where most students would prefer to rest on, The Garden of Eden, in the center of this garden is the true tree of Eden which is a tree that carries profound mysteries. The purpose of that tree being planted here is to allow students to understand those profound mysteries.” The Great Sage said while smiling as she led us around the place with plenty of students gazing at us with awe or rather, they were gazing at the Great Sage with awe while a curious gaze towards us.

By the way, I just realized, isn’t this academy a large treasure trove, I thought as the Great Sage led us to the tree with the students letting us pass through.

The tree was extremely mysterious as if you look closely, there are over a billion or even more very tiny engravings all around it, each of these engravings carries some kind of fog which I believe should be mana.

“It seems like you have understood one of the profound mysteries of the tree.” The Great Sage said as she patted Alisha and mine’s head, wait, Alisha also noticed?

“What have you two understood about this weird tree?” Iris asked while pouting, it seems like she can’t see the small engravings.

“Well, you shouldn’t ask about their understanding, Little Iris. It’s not like they can explain it anyways.” The Great Sage said which got me curious.

“Tomato Potato Tomato Potato.” was what came out of my mouth when I tried explaining what I saw on the tree, strange is that like a censor?

“That is what happens when you try to explain what you understood about the tree.” She said, wait I don’t think I understood anything about the tree though, ah- whatever!

“Well then, let’s head to the next place?” She asked as all of us nodded with Iris still pouting before our vision distorted once again...

Soon, time passed as we kept teleporting from place to place, such as the academy’s dormitory and even more mysterious places. If I have to say, this place was a literal treasure trove, we even got to see it’s defense system which was a large glass orb similar to the one in the lobby but this one carried fifteen fogs which the Great Sage told us that those fogs were dying ancient beings who volunteered to protect this place.

Strange, ancient beings willing to protect this place, it’s like there is another mystery to this academy that the Great Sage doesn’t want to tell us but it seems like I cannot ask as, by the time I thought about it, we already arrived outside the academy with a bunch of students also heading home. There were even some holding hands, though the majority of the females were somehow, holding each other’s hands with a lovey-dovey mood, just like in shoujo-ai mangas.

“Well then, that’s it for today’s tour. You three can come back once your uniforms are ready, which is in a week.” The Great Sage said which got me curious.

“When did you get our measurements?” I asked when she giggled.

“Remember that Adventum Dress Shop?” She said while smiling brightly which surprised me, those dresses huh. There were some dresses that didn’t fit us and also some there were some that were too large for us, did they use those as a measurement, that does make sense now.

“No wonder.” I said as I nodded, while Alisha was still confused but just followed the flow anyways.

“Anyways, take care on your way home!” The Great Sage said as she waved us goodbye before suddenly disappearing out of nowhere, possibly from teleportation. I wonder how she learned that ability.

“Well then, are you two following us straight at home or taking a detour?” Iris’ mother asked, hmm I wonder if Alisha is hungry? I thought when suddenly, a loud growl could be heard from Alisha’s direction.

“Food stalls.” She said shyly, how adorable can she get?!

“Mm, well then the two of us will be eating dinner out for today.” I said as Iris and her mother nodded before patting our hair.

“Be careful there, who knows there might be a scary wolf disguised!” Iris’ mother said as the two of us nodded before they smiled and left towards the mansion.

“Well then, let’s go?” I said before Alisha nodded as we started our walk to one of the night stalls on the capital, the capital at night looks extremely stunning if I have to say. The lamps illuminating the streets just gave off an ancient feeling, it’s a weird thing to explain but it feels like you are in ancient Europe which technically in a way, I am in a world similar to Ancient Europe.

We soon kept walking until suddenly, just a few meters away from the night stalls, a girl suddenly bumped into us.

“Ah- sorry!” The girl said before taking her hat back and running once again, I couldn’t see her face clearly but somehow the feeling of nostalgia struck me. I wonder why I am getting some nostalgia, I thought as we continued walking to the night stalls before arriving and eating up the dishes we like before heading back to the mansion, tired.

I took the time to draw Alisha's spear, here you go.

56