Chapter 49 – Royal Family
985 28 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49 - Royal Family

“What happened?” I asked as the Great Sage patted my hair causing me to twitch slightly. I didn’t like the pat, okay!

“It's Iris's technique, the Seven Agile Blade, Andromeda.” The Great Sage said as she smiled at Iris, who was standing firm while thrusting her sword on the ground.

"What is that?" Alisha asked as she tilted her head to the side.

"It's better if you inquire to Iris about it, Little Alisha." The Great Sage said as she vanished before reappearing once again next to Iris as the whole stadium was suddenly showered by a golden rain.

"Thanks, Grandma." Iris' mother said as the Great Sage shook her head before all the students who were hit by the golden rain suddenly became energetic once again.

It seemed to be some kind of healing spell with fancy effects, I wonder how costly it is to cast such a spell.

"Amazing!" Alisha said as she jumped off the rails towards Iris and the others as I rushed to catch her.

"Grandma's Golden Rain really does look amazing right?" Iris said as she caught Alisha.

Hey, you stole my moment!

"Mhm." Alisha nodded as the golden rain kept showering only to stop after a few minutes.

"Well then, Iris!" Iris' mother suddenly turned gloomy as she approached Iris who was whistling.

Yes, go reprimand her for taking my sisterly moment!

"Didn't I tell you not to go overboard?!" Iris' mother yelled as the person in question immediately kneeled on the ground with her head hitting the concrete.

"I am sorry!" She said with teary eyes as everyone chuckled.

"It's fine but remember not to overdo it again, okay?" Iris' mother said as she hugged Iris who cuddled up to her.

Aww, I thought she was going to reprimand her more but it seems like her motherly affection is more outstanding than I thought.

"Well then, the class is dismissed." Iris' mother declared as everyone rejoiced happily as they fled the stadium with the styrofoam weapons on their hands.

"Speaking of which, grandma, what are you doing here, it's not time yet for you to teach the two." Iris' mother asked as the sage, Celeste shook her head.

"It seems like the royal family heard about the two's attributes and are beginning desperately to meet them." The Great Sage, Celeste said.

Wait, can you repeat it again? The Royal Family who is the prime of society wishes to meet us, why do I sense danger?

"For what reason?" Iris' mother examined as her mood turned gloomy.

"Same old stuff." The Great Sage said as she sighed.

"What do we do then?" Iris asked, one question! Weren't we supposed to be awarded by the King for investigating that ruins, I was about to ask but decided to keep it myself.

"Well, what else should we do other than going in there." The Great Sage said as the other two nodded.

"Do you mind providing us some context?" I asked as my confusion grew larger. I always thought that they were peaceful with the royals but it seems like it is a different story.

"Well, it's not something you two should know for now. Don't worry, the Alverost Family will be watching over you two." Iris' mother responded as the other two nodded. Is that so, then we'll take up your offer then.

"Did they mention a specific time?" Iris asked as Celeste nodded.

"Early in the morning, tomorrow." Celeste said.

"That's fine." Iris' mother nodded before clapping her hands to loosen the mood.

"Well then, let's retreat back home for now!" Iris' mother said as she smiled as all of us nodded.

"What is for dinner?" Alisha asked as she walked beside Iris' mother with a smile.

"It's chicken soup today, Althea." Iris's mother said as Alisha pouted.

"I am Alisha, not Althea!" Alisha said as Iris' mother stroked her head.

Don't stroke my Alisha's head!!

"I am sorry, you two look exactly the same and I got confused for a second." Iris' mother said as the other two nodded. I should maybe tie my hair up to at least provide them some way of distinguishing the two of us, I thought as I tied my hair up in a ponytail.

"That looks great on you, Althea?" Iris said with a dubious face.

"Why are you not sure?" I asked before Iris pointed at my side and saw Alisha who was hugging my hand while pouting.

"Don't change your hair!" Alisha said as she untied the ponytail before nodding to herself.

"Why?" I asked as she continued pouting.

"I don't know!" She said as the others giggled. What is wrong?

"It's just that Alisha wishes for the two of you to have the same appearance, that is all to it." Iris' mother said as we departed from the academy and started walking towards the mansion.

"Is that so, then I am sorry," I said as I hugged her before she nodded, she forgave me, right? I thought, as we soon arrived at the mansion as every single one of us dropped on the couch tired.

"Are you staying here, grandma?" Iris' mother asked as she started brewing some coffee. It seems like they like coffee more than tea, from what I am seeing.

"Mm, I'll take the room next to these two." The Great Sage said as they nodded. Why are you taking the room next to ours when there are like 50 more available rooms here?!

"Don't think much about it, Little Althea." She said as Iris' mother came back with brewed coffee.

"Okay then," I said as I grabbed a cup and filled it with the coffee before taking a sip.

"Bitter!" I yelled as I placed the cup on the table as all of them laughed except for Alisha who was confused.

"You do know you can throw in some sweet crystals," Iris said as she took some white cubes which looked like sugar before throwing them on her coffee and taking a sip.

I didn't see that before!, I thought as I took two before throwing them onto my coffee which immediately melted, I then mixed it before taking a sip.

This taste is way much better than one, it is slightly sweet though.

"Can I?" Alisha asked as she poked my shoulders before I nodded and gave her the coffee I had as she sipped on it before spitting it out of the window.

"Too bitter!" She said as she hugged me.

"Is that so?" I asked as I caressed her hair before Iris' father suddenly came running towards us carrying a letter.

"The Royals have sent a letter that summons both of them by tomorrow." Iris' father said as he crunched the letter before the whole room turned gloomy.

60