Chapter 53 – Iona [END of ARC]
970 34 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 53 - Iona.

 

“Celly…”, the woman said as she reached her hand out towards Celeste who suddenly looked stunned before opening her mouth nervously.

 

“Iona?!” Celeste said as she stared at the woman as her hand reached out to her as she slowly walked towards her before I instinctively stopped her by pushing her back to where Iris and the rest were as a large shockwave flew towards us.

 

“Celly...run.”, the woman spoke weakly as her wings slowly turned white before suddenly going black once again as she was suddenly engulfed in some mysterious dark energy.

 

“AAHHH!!”, the woman screamed as she held up her head before rushing towards up with glowing red eyes and as my instincts kicked in, causing me to immediately defend using my scythe before getting knocked back to another room, and as if that wasn’t enough. The woman suddenly appeared in front of me but this time her wings were featherless, or rather the feathers of her wings were in the sky looking down at me as danger rang inside my head before every single one of the feathers fell straight down at me.

 

“AHHH!!”, I cried in pain as every single feather punctured through my body endlessly, from my knees to my neck. I kept screaming as every feather struck my body as I tried to grab my scythe with all my might to no avail as the woman stomped on my hand.

 

“How dare you, measly ant, disturb our time.”, the woman said as her voice turned dark with her eyes still gushing out red tears with the feathers relentlessly punctured parts of my body with no stop causing me to scream in pain.

 

“Iona, stop it!”, Celeste shouted as she crawled towards the woman with tears dripping before the woman suddenly stopped on her tracks before the feathers turned white again as she looked at Celeste.

 

“Celly...it hurts…”, the woman said as she dropped to the floor before she suddenly erupted once again but this time, she was flying up in the air as pressure came crashing down causing me to scream in agony again.

 

“Althea!!”, Suddenly a loud cry can be heard from the distance as a small figure came flying towards me holding a dark scythe with a furry white cub following behind her before the woman’s feathers once again flew out from her wings and came rushing towards Alisha.

 

And by instincts, my body moved despite being in extreme pain and pushed Alisha as my body blocked every single one of the feathers before suddenly I felt a glass break inside of me as my consciousness suddenly arrived at the garden with the twins playing a song on a piano as the flowers danced with it before the whole place was covered in a golden fog, not just some ordinary golden fog but it was like a screen.

 

The golden fog showed different scenes, with one scene showing Alisha down on the ground with her body full of holes as blood flooded the ground and besides her was me, crying. Another scene the fog showed was Celeste knocked on a wall, with her head bleeding as Iris and I fought against the woman.

 

More and more scenes were being shown by the fog as emotions filled my heart added with the song being played by the piano which was mixed with emotions, from happy to despair and so on. I kept staring at each scene as my heart slowly broke apart.

 

“Where am I?”, I muttered to myself as I slowly fell to my knees as tears kept dripping as I watched every single scene that was being shown to me, each scene showed no happy ending. It was either someone dying, two people dying, three or even every single one of us dying. 

 

“Stop this please.”, I said as my voice became rough but the fog didn’t stop instead, it showed even more possibilities, from being executed and the likes before the piano stopped for a whole second as relief came to my mind but it didn’t end there as the piano once again started playing but this time the fog turned white with a new scene, the scene showed a pair of twins excitedly walking on the street when suddenly, hundreds of guards surrounded them with sharp spears pointing straight at them.

 

“Stop right there!”, a male voice suddenly reverberated as another figure that I do not know of, appeared from the guards. This man was wearing luxurious clothing as he looked at the twins who were suddenly shocked before raising his hand up in the air and pointing at the twins.

 

“Arrest them and have them executed by tomorrow.”, the man said as the guards responded and arrested the twins before having them caged inside a carriage.

 

“Ali, what is happening?”, one of them asked as they hugged each other.

 

“I don’t know, we’ll be fine, don’t worry! Just stay calm, okay Eli?”, the other twin responded maturely as she patted the other one like an elder sister before time slowly passed as they were placed on a jail cell alone with a single bed, no food, not even water.

 

More and more time passed as the twins became dehydrated when suddenly the jail cell was opened by fifteen guards as they took the twins before leading them to a bright place, the place was familiar to me. It was the center of the capital but what was weird was the center had a large stage prepared with a large guillotine standing up.

“Go there.”, one of the guards said as he forcefully pushed the twins onto the guillotine before loud angry cries resounded in the capital, the cries were not angry at the twins but rather at the royal family and the guards, with each cry shouting “STOP!” or the likes but the guards kept going before a man came up the stage and started a speech, the speech was not any ordinary one but one that details all the crimes that they imposed on the twins before loud screams of anger resounded as people started throwing rocks and even shaking the platform only to be knocked back by the guards before the man stopped his speech before nodding as the guards soon moved before the scene ended with the piano also stopping.

 

My heart after seeing that exploded, what I just saw was how someone can easily accuse one of a crime, how one could easily die.

 

Why didn’t they fight back, I thought before suddenly a gentle voice came out of nowhere and said, “It’s because we couldn’t, we were told to never fight back.” the voice said before another one came out, this one was more mature.

 

“We believed in the royal family, not just us but every single one of us in the Alverosts.”, the voice said before the other voice spoke once again, “We trusted them with our lives.” as the mature voice asked, “but what did we get?”.

 

Soon, the two voices combined as they both spoke, “Betrayal, that was what we got.”, they spoke in a sad voice as my mind was suddenly reminded of the story that Celeste told us.

 

“It was not just that, the person you people are fighting right now is Aunt Celeste’s own wife who the kingdom deceived into becoming a mascot.”, the voice spoke as I remembered the crying Celeste as she saw the woman.

 

“Aunt Celeste and her wife were very kind you know, they were like our own parents, they treated us very kindly and protested our deaths.”, the voice spoke with a gentle tone before stopping for a few seconds.

 

“So, please let us help her once more, to give her one more miracle.”, the voice asked as two figures suddenly appeared from the fog, the figures were extremely beautiful teenage girls. They had the same figure with both of them having tears on their eyes as they asked.

 

“Please…”, the two asked desperately as my mind was lost as I constantly thought about it before nodding as they smiled brightly and hugged me.

 

“Thank you, we will gift you after this.”, the two said before they suddenly disappeared as the golden fog showed the scene before I fell unconscious but this time, my body was moving differently.

 

“Althea, is that you?” Alisha asked as she rushed towards my body before my own body suddenly patted her.

 

“Don’t worry, Althea is fine.”, my body spoke with the same voice as the twins before extremely beautiful white wings came out from my back as it flapped and flew towards the woman.

 

“Auntie, we will save you.”, the twins inside my body spoke as they approached the surprised woman before hugging her tightly as a large white ball suddenly engulfed them. A few seconds passed as two figures came out from the white ball, the figures were the same as the twins I saw.

 

The two of them slowly descended to the ground carrying a white egg as they walked towards Celeste.

 

“Auntie, it has been a while.”, the two said as they kneeled at Celeste who suddenly cried as she hugged the two of them.

 

“Elliah and Aline, it’s you two.”, Celeste cried as the twins hugged back while patting Celeste who was crying.

 

“Yes, it’s us, auntie. We are both here to give you one more present, here.”, the twins said as they gave Celeste the white egg which suddenly glowed white.

 

“What is this?”, Celeste asked as she looked at the two.

 

“It’s our final gift to you, the one you love the most, Iona.”, the twins said as they smiled at Celeste who looked shocked.

 

“Sadly, the limits of my grimoire power can only resurrect her into a new body, so she will have to start as a child.”, one of the twins said as Celeste hugged the two.

 

“It’s fine, it’s already the best present I can have. What about you two?”, Celeste asked as the two simply smiled.

 

“We will be resting inside Althea’s consciousness, supporting her from there as the seniors.”, the two said which shocked me.

 

“Is that so, then please guide her properly,” Celeste said as the two nodded before suddenly the white ball in the air slowly descended.

 

“Well then, there is not much time for us left. It’s goodbye, for now, Auntie. Take care!” The two said as they started flying towards the white ball before suddenly beautiful golden chains covered the white ball, the golden chains were slowly covered by a pink fog before it disappeared as my consciousness came back as I was slowly descending to the ground.

 

“Althea!”, Alisha cried as she rushed towards me before catching me as I fell to the ground before voices resounded around the room.

 

“Thank you, Althea.” the voice said as the whole room was filled with butterflies.

 

“We’ll be staying inside you, please take care of us. Well, we’ll mostly be sleeping though but if you need us, simply come inside your grimoire dimension and we’ll help you.” the two voice said inside my mind as I nodded before the butterflies flew up in the air.

 

Suddenly, Iris’ mother screamed as we immediately looked at her direction before noticing, a very beautiful woman kneeling on the ground as she held an 8-year-old girl.

 

“Who are you?”, all of us asked before she smiled.

 

“It’s still me, Celeste.”, the woman said as she stood up before caressing the girl who was in a beautiful white dress before it cried.

 

“There, there, little Iona.”, the woman who claimed to be Celeste said as she carried the girl on her arms before her eyes opened revealing beautiful crystal red eyes.

 

“Mama?”, the girl asked as Celeste looked at the girl before smiling with tears dripping on her eyes.

 

“There, there. Mama is here.”, she said as the girl hugged her before looking at us and running towards us.

 

“Cousins!”, the girl said after seeing us before hugging us, her hug was extremely warm and causes you to relax your mind.

 

“Well, I am fine being your mom from now on.”, Celeste muttered as she looked at the sky before rushing towards the girl and carrying her.

 

“Well then, let’s go back home and eat for now?” Iris’ mother said as we nodded.

 

ARC 3 - THE ALVEROSTS FAMILY.

Here's the thing, I wasn't supposed to end this arc on this chapter but unconsciously did because I was caught in the flow along with some extremely chill piano music playing on my Deezer. Well, I think it still worked out in the end and well this is a special chapter in a way since it is over 2000 words which should be two chapters but yeah. I really hope you enjoyed this arc, the second arc will start once the day after tomorrow, so I can prepare an arc plan. Well, the original plan was to kill Amaryllis and also the wolf cub but I kind of derived and arrived there, well that wolf cub lives another day and also Amaryllis. That's enough rant for now, the next arc will be full of fluff, business management, kingdom management, and childcare. I am going to utilize those tags which I added during the start of the series but never utilized them.

51