Chapter 55 – Meeting.
836 17 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 55 - Meeting

 

Soon after the four women took their seats, Celeste soon signaled for the meeting to commence before each of them took out their individual folders before looking at each other.

 

"You can start whenever you like," Celeste said as the four nodded before one of them stood up and gave us individual copies of her candidate which was the Viscount family, Akin.

 

As soon as Celeste saw the family name, she immediately showed a face that screams "rejected" causing the person who nominated the family to be nervous before she took a deep breath and started explaining several reasons as to why she nominated the Akin family, to which was all rejected by Celeste.

 

"The Akin family is known for their corrupt dealings which were all overlooked by the previous royal family, from embezzlement to slavery, they are instantly out of the candidate list. Next!" Celeste said as she gently combed the sleeping Iona's hair before the reporter sat back down to her seat with a terrified face. What scared her, I wonder?

 

Soon, all 4 of the council members finished their report which, to my surprise, every single one of them was shot down by either Celeste or Iris' parents, leaving us with an awkward situation where none of us have anything to suggest.

 

I wonder what I could do to help, I thought when suddenly an idea came up to my mind. It was a system used in my previous world.

 

"Can I suggest something?", I asked as the others nodded before listening intently as I spoke from my seat.

 

"How about we list every single large family in the kingdom and allow the citizens to vote on who they wish to become the next Royal Family.", I suggested as I poked Alisha's cheeks to release some of my nervousness.

 

"That is an interesting idea, Little Althea but the problem lies in time since we need one to quickly replace and reform the kingdom.", Iris' mother said as the others nodded.

 

"Well, wouldn't it work if we use the Survey Device that every single household has?", Iris' father asked as everyone suddenly looked surprised.

 

Oh, they have survey devices on households? How come I never seen them before? I thought as I looked around before noticing a small device that looked like a tablet on one of the tables, are those the survey devices?

 

"How about we go with that idea, does anyone disagree?" Celeste asked as everyone shook their heads.

 

"Well then, let's go with that idea, with half a day deadline, be sure to set the survey as an emergency survey and also do not forget to add the Alverosts into the survey, got it?" Celeste said as the four rapidly wrote what she said on their papers before nodding.

 

"Wait, we are participating in this for the first time?!" Iris' mother suddenly shouted in surprise. I am surprised as well, as from what I could remember, the Alverosts is the only family that distances itself from the Kingdom's politics.

 

"After all, we have to take responsibility for the damages and it might be a great way to train the two of you and to the newer generations if we acquire the highest votes", Celeste said as she looked at Iris' parents while smiling.

 

"But– ", Iris' mother, Ann, was about to rebuke when Celeste interrupted.

 

"Don't worry, I will be guiding you two if we win", Celeste said before Iris' mother sighed.

 

"Fine, well then that should be all for the meeting today?" Iris' mother asked as the four women stood up and bowed down.

 

"Well then, the results should be up by tomorrow and the conferring ceremony will be ready the day after. Is that fine for you, Ma'am Celeste?", they asked as Celeste nodded.

 

"Take care, you four," Celeste said as we waved goodbye to them who soon left the mansion before everyone sighed and looked at each other.

 

"That was slightly tiring." Iris' father muttered as we all nodded while looking at the ones who fell asleep.

 

"Well then, how about we head back to our rooms and rest for the night?" Celeste asked as she stood up with the sleeping Iona on her arms before we all nodded.

 

After Celeste headed to her room, Iris and the rest soon followed leaving Alisha and I alone.

 

"Hey, Alisha, wake up. I can't carry you up there." I said as I poked her cheeks more before she suddenly turned around and bit my finger once again.

 

"Stop it, we'll sleep here tonight!" She said as she pushed me down beside her before turning me into a body pillow.

 

"It will be bad for your health," I said before she slammed her head on mine.

 

"Let me sleep!" She yelled before I gave up, fine. We'll sleep here tonight then since you really want to, I thought as I slowly gave in to my drowsiness…

 

Back to the current timeline.

 

Well, the result was as you expected, the Alverosts family who had 94% of the citizens voting which was crazy to me but apparently it was normal for the Kingdom as the Alverosts has shown extremely great potential back in the days from politics to military power with an unrealistic clean record.

 

You could say that the Alverosts was the only family that was loved by almost everyone in the kingdom, and as expected during the conferring ceremony, the whole capital was flooded by people as it was held in the center of the capital since the castle no longer existed, soon after the conferring ceremony, Alisha and I continued our classes as Iris' parents got extremely busy reforming the whole Kingdom as well as cleaning up the corruption that was lurking around which leaves us with the current state of the kingdom, a kingdom with only 24 of the original 123 families and a castleless kingdom, I thought to myself as we finished eating our pancakes.

 

"Alisha, can we get more?", the white-haired girl asked as Alisha shook her head.

 

"I did say this was the last one, or do you want to be punished?" Alisha asked as the girl trembled.

 

"I am sorry." The girl said as her eyes went teary before Alisha picked her up on her arms.

 

"Tomorrow, after class, we will come back here again okay?" Alisha said as the girl, who was Iona, nodded.

 

"Well then, let's head home now otherwise Celeste will be mad again," I said as the two nodded before we started walking towards a modern street which was similar to the one in my previous world but instead of cars, the ones here were carriages.

57