Chapter 57 – Alliance with the Exiled
776 13 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 57 - Alliance with the Exiled.

“Can you please reiterate that again?” Iris’s mother requested as her eyes were full of shock. I am way more astonished than you, after all, how is this miniature girl the “demon king”; is this for real, I mean don’t demon kings look like those weird edgy old musclehead men with horns on their heads? I thought as a small chuckle can be heard coming from Celeste.

“What’s wrong with what I said?” Celeste asked as she chuckled as the fairy in question, leaned her head to the side in confusion before lying beside Celeste.

“I mean, this adorable creature, a demon king?! I simply can’t believe it!” Iris’s mother said as she pointed at the cute little fairy which gave off not a single air of a demon king; I wouldn’t even assume such an adorable thing to be a demon king as well, after all, If I ought to provide an illustration of what a Demon Queen would be, it would be someone like Dark Iona whom I still haven’t learned what caused her to transform into one. Her story was kept secure by Celeste, to the extent of not telling any of us under the reasoning that “not knowing will keep you all safe from harm”.

“What’s wrong with me being cute?!” the little fairy sped up towards Iris’s mother's head before banging her little head on it which looked exceptionally cute; as if catching my thoughts, the little fairy looked at me and pouted before sounding out a cute hmph as she flew back to her seat. 

“Also, cease the usage of the term ‘demon king’. I am a Fairy Queen, okay!” the adorable little fairy said as she sped up to us once again before hovering up in the air in front of us, waiting for us to accept.

“Okay, Mrs. Fairy!” Iona suddenly spoke as she caught the little fairy on her tiny arms and patted her head while having this curious face as the little fairy strived to escape.

“Place me down!” the little fairy yelled before Iona nodded and flung her up in the air, as the little fairy did an impressive flip mid-air before landing safely on the couch beside Celeste as every single one of us giggled.

“Stop laughing!” the little fairy screamed as her pink face turned slightly red; is this how fairies blush, I thought as a loud clap echoed around the room.

“How about we get to the point now?” Celeste said after the brief laugh as every one of us nodded; that really made us relax our guard against her though, I wonder if Celeste planned this?

“What is the Fairy Queen doing here?” Alisha inquired as she picked up Iona who was playing around with her toys on the floor; before settling her on her lap as she brushed her hair.

“Of course, for an alliance pact!” the person in question answered as she flew up in the air before taking a small paper out of nowhere; the paper resembled a papyrus which was not something you see every day here as the papers that are usually used here tend to be made of a material comparable to cellulose fibers, the paper-making method here is also similar; you could definitely say that there is virtually no difference between them other than the fact that the papers here are by default: more durable, softer and water-resistant which is impressive.

Soon after she took out the papyrus-like paper, she laid it on the table for everyone to see; the details which were recorded there was about the alliance between the Lati Kingdom and the Alverost Kingdom as she mentioned a few seconds ago with certain conditions laid down, on the segment where the conditions were written, a familiar handwriting can be observed as well; the handwriting naturally belonged to Celeste who most likely supported the alliance and was solely waiting for our approval.

The conditions that were laid down were manageable conditions such as “backing each other during periods of crisis” and the likes; another condition laid down by the Fairy Queen, was an annual exchange of citizens in order to gradually eliminate the gap between the ‘demons’ and the humans.

“What are demons by the way?” I asked after noticing the term ‘exiled fairies’ being applied rather than ‘demons’.

“Great question, let me narrate to all of you here, the genuine story of ‘demons’...” Celeste said as she began explaining what are ‘demons’ and their story which persisted for half an hour with the summary being…

“Demons are simply fairies which were banished from their hometown because of nonsensical beliefs such as a deviation in body color and etc... these fairies weren’t truly the ones who engaged battle first, they were the individuals who simply protected themselves against the relentless assaults of our ancestors who were interested in such beings,” Celeste said as she sipped on some cold coffee after she concluded the story; in a way, you could say humans are the ones who should be condemned here.

“Well, the story does sound convincing to us but I wonder what the citizens would think, after all, we can’t approve this alliance without the approval of the citizens.” Iris’s mother said as we all agreed; I am fine with this alliance since it has an abundance of benefits, and according to the pact; the fairies supposedly have technology that far transcends humans, but mostly for agriculture and etc. Combat technology is not something they want to research about apparently because they believed in a future where they can peacefully coexist with us and aid each other, whether in crisis or in peace; they want to experience a peaceful life, the life they dreamt as a child, according to the Fairy Queen.

“That is why I summoned all of you here for your opinions; if all of you agree then we shall use the survey device once again and send out a survey together with the whole story,” Celeste said as we pondered about it; I am fine with whatever but preferably, I would like to possess one that hugs me at night since Alisha ceased hugging after she matured which disheartens me, added with the fact that she is now concentrated on Iona, ugh!

“We will agree, how about you two?” Iris’s mother asked Alisha and I after the three of them debated among themselves.

“The two of us agree to the pact,” Alisha replied in my stead while smiling as she caressed Iona who was sleeping on her lap, which was supposed to be my position!

“Well then, that should be all. Latia, will you sleep here?” Celeste asked as the little fairy whose name is Latia, nodded.

“Can we have her sleep with me?” I asked boldly when suddenly an elbow struck me as I glanced at my side before noticing Alisha pouting.

“I won’t allow it, okay?” She said while pouting; she still cares for me, Yesss!

“Don’t worry, Little Alisha, Latia will be staying with Iona and I”, Celeste said before she stood up and clapped her hands.

“Let’s go have dinner now?” Celeste suggested as we all agreed before we began moving to the dining room where another massive fest was held, with extremely pleasing dishes.


To compensate for the extra break I took on Tuesday, I decided to work myself tirelessly and write 6 chapters to be released simultaneously throughout the day, I did proofread as much as I could but as an imperfect human, there will always be mistakes. I simply hope you enjoy the following six chapters.

55