Chapter 61 – The Celebratory Dinner
732 12 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61 - The Celebratory Dinner

“Why didn’t you eat first?” Iris asked the little Fairy Queen who soon started whistling while averting her gaze before Iris inquired once again until the Fairy Queen actually spoke their true intentions which was “I don’t know how to eat human food…”, that was her precise words which made me laugh inside; as expected of a fairy, able to create speak such embarrassing excuses without batting an eye.

“Is that so, then how were you able to eat last night?” Iris asked as the Fairy Queen whistled her way out of the topic before screaming, “I was just waiting for you all, you know!”, was what she said with averting her gaze once again; did this fairy do something again?

“Truth.” Iris asked once again as we chuckled, this scene was one way to lighten up the mood I thought as the fairy immediately fell into a dogeza before she spoke, “I broke some plates while trying to eat some!”, she said as I burst into laughter along with the others; really brings back memories from my prior life when I always break the plates while washing them.

“Don’t worry about that, let’s go have dinner for now.” Celeste said as Iona ran up to the kneeling Latia before patting her head and cutely said “Let’s go eat!” as the fairy looked up to Iona with sparkling eyes as she muttered in an inaudible voice, “Angel...”. I did say inaudible but that was for the others, I had special ears as a book, don’t lump me with ordinary humans!

“Mhm”, the fairy, Iona nodded as she stood up before we headed to the dining room where a grandiose table coated in red cloth, with two superbly sculpted golden candle holders on each end as artistic bouquets of rose and lilies can be seen on the center; not only that but the chairs were made of some luxurious material with a very comfy cushion that makes you feel as if you were resting on a large cloud, the chairs were black in color with the exemption of the cushions which were red like the roses on the table.

It didn’t stop there, the entire room was also altered from what it was early in the morning; the walls were now decorated in white with golden accents running around from there. It still didn’t settle there as on the ceiling, was a large chandelier that was constructed using miniature mana jewels; the chandelier was the solitary reservoir of light in the room and it didn’t disappoint as the mana jewels which amounted in the thousands, flawlessly illuminated every corner of the room while not inducing any harm to the eyes; the entire room had changed drastically, there was almost no trail of the former dining room which we were used to.

“Well then, now that everyone has sat down on their seats. How about we unveil the dishes first?” Celeste said as she rang a bell on her side before butlers skillfully carrying black trays loaded with dishes which were concealed behind golden cloches, emerged from the door we originated from; after they had entered the room, they delicately distributed each plate, which was covered in cloches, onto the table before removing the cloches themselves revealing remarkably grandiose dishes, from seafood to vegetables, they had it all; not long after the butlers concluded their job, maids came in the room next carrying another black tray but this time, it was loaded with smaller plates that resemble dessert plates.

After all of them had entered the room, they immediately laid the plates on the table revealing remarkably pleasing desserts such as a cupcake coated in chocolate, while sprinkled with what appeared to be golden flakes; a diamond-shaped cake and the likes.

“Can we start eating now?” Alisha asked as she struggled to contain herself from taking as much food as she wants; Celeste who heard her question, chuckled before responding, “Endure for a few more seconds”, she replied as Alisha glanced at me with teary eyes; not long after, more butlers and maids came to the room each carrying different types of drinks as well as dishes, the drinks ranged from juice to wine; there were eight variations of the juice with each carrying their own smell, the alcohol was out of range for us though.

After a short while, the door was finally closed as Celeste clapped her hands before giving a short speech, her speech was mostly about complimenting us for the astonishing achievements and etc; the speech, in particular, persisted for almost five minutes with Alisha not holding back after the speech ended, she immediately grasped as much food as her plate can support before savoring each one with no concern of etiquette which is rare for the mature Alisha, meanwhile on the other side, another glutton was also taking as much food as she could, the glutton was the young Iona who like Alisha, didn’t bother about etiquette and simply ate using whatever.

Iris and the others, on the other hand, were concerned about their way of eating to the extent that their plates were not even half-filled, with the exception of Iris’s father of course who acted similar to Alisha and Iona; I wonder how I should eat, I thought as I used my fork to pick a few dishes that I liked such as shrimp and chicken.

Soon time passed as all of us continued eating until late at night when Iona had fallen asleep with a full stomach, during the time where we ate, a few guests arrived late. Most of them were males though and were apparently invited by Iris’s father as a drinking partner, there were also a few females who were invited by Iris’s mother, among them was Amaryllis and the new friend of Iona, Helen; well, the time we took to eat our dishes were about thirty minutes, the rest of the time were spent playing around on the living room with our toys; Iona and Helen, in particular, loved playing dolls meanwhile Alisha, Amaryllis and I played a few tabletop games but that really didn’t last long as before midnight struck, they went back home as Alisha and I went back to our room where we immediately dropped dead on the bed, still wearing our uniforms...

Did you guys have a splendid lunch or dinner after your graduation, because, during my graduation, we really didn't celebrate other than eating at a pizza store, that was about it.

50