Chapter 62 – Planning…?
701 6 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 62 - Planning..?

 

“Where am I…?” I mumbled as I looked around before a familiar emotion crept up to me; the place I was in, was a room decorated in white, with a single bookshelf beside the door; a window that shows a bustling metropolis, with streets crowded with automobiles and street lamps… is this Earth, I thought as I got out of bed as a knock can be heard.

 

“Althea, dinner is ready!” a girlish voice yelled from behind a dull antique wooden door; why does that voice sound familiar, I thought as I yelled back, “Coming!” before my consciousness recovered…

 

“What was that…?” I mumbled to myself as my heart pounded fast; why was that dream familiar, it was unquestionably not my previous life’s memories…

 

“What’s wrong, Althea?” Alisha suddenly asked as she rubbed her eyes before glancing at me.

 

“Nothing…” I said as I soothed myself with Alisha glancing at me with doubtful eyes… before she spoke again but this time in an irritated mood, “You constantly say nothing when clearly there is something wrong!”.

 

“It’s really nothing…” I said as she sulked as she stomped her feet on the carpet as she grabbed her towel and marched to the bathroom without a sound; it seems like I really made her mad this time… what should I do? I asked myself as I buried my face on the bed once again before a fluffy hand patted my back.

 

“Don’t pat me, Nahrin!” I said as I dug my face deeper, I wonder if treating her to a food trip will work… I thought as she soon came out from the bath before throwing a towel straight at my face.

 

“If you won’t tell me then don’t talk to me…” She said as she rested on the couch near the door while sulking.

 

"I am sorry…" I said as I hugged her after lying beside her.

 

"Then tell me what is wrong…" She asked…

 

"It's just a nightmare, that's all." I said as her cheeks puffed like a pufferfish before saying "Fine, I’ll take that excuse." She said before she glanced at me before a delicate and moist sensation can be felt on my lips as both our eyes widen before we immediately backed off from each other with a face like tomatoes.

 

“That was an accident!” She said while concealing her face with both of her, I am embarrassed too you know, that was my first kiss!

 

“Yeah, nothing happened!” I said as we both nodded before our faces turned around as we gazed at each other for a few moments before we turned back around again embarrassed as a loud cough can be heard from the door.

 

“Are you two done with your weird lovey-dovey moments, how about you let me in as well?” Iris said while leaning on the door with an irritated face.

 

“What lovey-dovey?!” the two of us shouted in unison before staring at each other and giggling; clearly there is no romance involved right, I thought as Iris slammed the door while shouting “If you two want to eat breakfast, just come to the dining room.”

 

“Let’s go eat now?” I asked as she tilted her head up and down; we soon moved to the dining room where Iris who clearly had an irritated face was waiting there, it was only Iris there though. I wonder where Ann and the others went…

 

“Mom and the others went to collect the final data from the surveys”, Iris said as she ate her breakfast which was a simple toast with melted cheese and ham; our breakfast was toast as well, but the bread seems to be slightly darker than hers. I wonder if she was the one who made it, I thought as Alisha and I sat on our seats.

 

“Do you have anything to do today?” I asked Iris before she nodded and said, “I’m going to take a few quests later, for my savings. How about you two?”... oh wait, I forgot Alisha and I had plenty of savings on our Guild Bank, I wonder what we can do with all those gold coins…

 

“Nothing to do today,” Alisha said while glancing at me as I asked Iris, “How do you start a company here?” before she looked at with a surprised face.

 

“What kind of company?”, she asked as she laid her toast on her plate; what sort of business is fun, I wonder if I should make a bakery… I thought when suddenly, Alisha poked my shoulders and said “Clothes.”

 

Oh, clothes! Yes, all these dresses are way too exhausting to wear. I want something more natural to walk in, the skirt is fine but maybe a jacket. That’s it, jackets!

 

“Yes, an apparel company!” I said as Iris thought about it for a while before she spoke, “I can maybe help with the few connections I have with some workshops that you may want, but designers are not something I can get you; of course, not for free”, tailors are fine for me since I can design the jackets myself but I don’t know how to make one.

 

“That is fine, I can sketch the apparels; how much would the workshops need for each apparel produced?” I asked as she poked her finger on her cheeks before glancing at me, “I can ask them to reduce the cost to at most 5 silver coins each 8 apparel produced that is if the design is not complicated but if the design is complicated then it would be 1 gold coin per.” she answered, one gold coin is too costly but coats shouldn’t be difficult right?!

 

“That is fine, I’ll begin sketching the clothes; can you contact them for me?” I requested as she nodded before we soon resumed eating our toast until I remembered something, “How do I register a company?” I asked as Iris laid her toast on the plate again, “Well, you primarily need to own a property here which is presumably around a hundred gold coins, before listing the company on the Merchant Guild for 10 gold coins...” she said… EXPENSIVE, that is probably 90% of Alisha and mine’s savings… should I do it, I asked myself...

 

Koko worked hard okay, I worked hard writing on all six chapters!!!

54