Chapter 63 – Preparing For Travel
757 19 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 63 - Preparing for travel.

Should I risk it? I mean if the business blooms then the profits are enough to cover the expenses, but in the case that it fails, that’s technically all our savings gone; not that we need the savings since we are living off from the Alverosts but it’s not like we can always ask them for whatever we like… what a problem…

“It’s okay if we don’t continue”, Alisha suddenly asked while poking my shoulders as her face looked down on the floor, with her eyes trying to accept the circumstances; risking it is better than nothing right?

“Is there any way to lower the property price?”, I asked Iris while patting Alisha’s soft hair.

“That is impossible for me right now… but there is a way, that is if you two escort me towards the village northwest of the Capital, besides the forest of Oakville to respond to an aid request then we will pay for the property expenses; the escort will at most take one to two weeks if nothing goes wrong, are you two fine with that?” Iris asked after she finished munching on her crisp, golden toast… a week or two is fine for me but I don’t know about Alisha, after all, the last time we went out from the capital was a month ago where we took a simple quest to clean up some nearby orcs that were rampaging around, and that quest only took us about two days to finish.

“Are you fine with that, Alisha?” I asked while grabbing my toast which looked like dark chocolate plastered on a rock and taking a bite on it; the toast was maybe edible if you can handle the taste of a rock with melted cheese and sand which is plausibly the ham which was not sufficient to satiate my appetite.

“I am fine… with it”, Alisha said as she titled her head up and down; unlike a few seconds ago, her face looked much better now compared to her disheartened face which was a face that could crack anyone’s hearts into pieces; eyes that were covered with mist, a smile that had no feelings, that was what her disheartened face looked like.

“By the way Alisha, why do you want an apparel company?” Iris asked as Alisha halted her movements before her hand moved towards the white rabbit pouch on her waist as plenty of white papers filled with outlines of dresses, sweaters and the likes appeared on her hand; each apparel she drew were unique from each other but that wasn’t what surprised me… what surprised me the most was that each of the apparel she drew were almost the same as the ones on my previous world; you have to keep in mind that this world was a lot different from Earth, from its laws (rules) to its clothing.

“A-amazing… did you drew this all by yourself?!” Iris asked as she quickly moved through each of the papers with eyes that glowed; what was stranger about her movements were she wasn’t simply moving through each paper but actually organizing them most likely depending on what she liked.

“Mhm… I wanted Althea to wear them…” Alisha said as her face turned into a tomato, or simply meat being cooked on a stove; all of these are impressive though, probably even way more better than what I could draw. I wouldn’t even blink an eye if I had to wear any of them, some of the apparels she drew were colored as well using some kind of coloring tool that was fairly expensive, costed us about 4 gold coins; it was something I brought Alisha as a gift.

“How cute, anything you make. I will use it, don’t worry!” I said as I grabbed my chair and moved it closer to her before hugging her tightly as a loud hmph resounded around the dining room, the sound naturally belonged to Iris whose face was blushing red as her eyes glared at Alisha.

“Want a hug as well?” I asked as I approached her who was rapidly moving her head left and right before hugging her as well.

“I d-don..t like it okay?” Iris mumbled silently as I walked back to my seat and continued eating on the rock hard toast; if you can even call a toast by now.

“Well, when will we depart?” I asked Iris whose face was pretty much a ripen tomato at the moment.

“Iris, you there?” I asked before she suddenly screamed, “AHHH- sorry, did you ask anything?”, what’s wrong with her…?

“I was asking when will we depart?” I inquired once again as she tilted her head up and down before her mouth opened, “We’ll depart tomorrow, so prepare three weeks worth of necessities today.” was what she said; what kind of necessities are needed for travel though, probably one of those magic stoves; clothes, an indoor mini bath, food, our hairdryer, both of our makeups… I thought as Alisha poked my shoulders once again.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I glanced towards her who was fidgeting with her fingers before she spoke, “Can we buy some… just follow me later!”... interesting, I haven’t seen her act like this before; it’s a rare and lovely sight, where’s my camera?!

“Sure, we can go shopping after we finish our breakfast. Is that fine?” I asked as she nodded before we silently continued eating our breakfast with no disturbance; we did talk about a few topics like which village we are going and the likes and here’s the information I got, the village we are going to is a tiny village on the verge of collapse because of the climate this season, it resides near a forest and that forest is known as a forest where monsters reside; monsters like orcs, vipers, slimes, and rabbits are commonly found there while the rare one, fire vipers which are vipers that are as strong as dragons apparently; just the thought of fighting dragons is scary… I imagined as we continued to eat our rock hard toast.

51