Chapter 64 – Quick Shopping & Arrogant Boy
722 19 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 64 - Quick Shopping and Arrogant Boy.

We soon finished eating our toast and headed to the living room where we listed what we needed to buy on a single piece of paper using a quill pen which is the standard here; our list consists of an efficient portable magic stove, a portable hair dryer, foods (breakfast, snacks, lunch, snacks, dinner, snacks) and lastly an emergency water device, which creates water using the moisture in the atmosphere which is fairly expensive; all of the items in the list are items that can be bought anywhere without the need of a magic wire, these items use a tiny magic crystal instead which can be expensive but for its use, it will be worth the money.

“Is that all you want?” I asked Alisha who was standing beside me; if there is anything else that we need then we should buy it otherwise we would spend a few weeks regretting not buying it, I mean I definitely don’t want to experience living a life similar to back then where the grass or even the mud on the ground was our only comfort and rabbits were our only dish; those rabbits weren’t even delicious now that I think about it, it tasted like charcoal and if Alisha fount it delicious then I wonder how the food on her village tasted like.

“Mhm, let’s go now?” Alisha asked as she opened the door before running out first, wearing a silver-white v-line dress that stretches up to her knee; the dress was elegant enough that it blended into her, creating a magnificent air around her like a famous veteran model. It was not only her dress that gave her that air but the scenery which was the garden of the mansion with a magnificent knight fountain.

“Are you coming or not?” Alisha asked as she looked at me while taking off her straw hat in a graceful manner, that was undeniably what a model would do...

“I am coming!” I said as I rushed towards her after closing the door, the dress I am wearing right now is similar to hers but instead of a white dress, I had a starry night dress that stretches up to my knees which was better to walk in than those dresses that stretches all the way to the toe; also those dresses are very heavy to the extent that I would fall to the ground, not like this dress was not heavy as well.

“Where should we go first?” Alisha asked as she took out a not-so detailed map which was drawn using ink that was made using a sap of a tree that I don’t really know but all I know is those trees were fairly old; the map, despite not being so detailed still contained enough information for us to know where we are going.

“Let’s go here”, I said as I placed my finger on one point of the map which felt rough, most likely from the ink that was used; the paper was smooth but the ink was different, apparently, they intentionally made it rough in order for the disabled to feel what was written. It would definitely help Alisha if I hadn’t unlocked my third seal… soon, we moved towards several streets before arriving at a building drenched in white, with blue accents from there; the building was displaying several devices through a glass panel, examples of the devices being displayed is a calculator which promised to speed up work by almost 95 percent which is actually true.

“Excuse us!” Alisha yelled as she pushed the rough-looking wooden door while entering the building before a loud clap could be heard from the inside as an uncle with extravagant muscles came rushing towards us.

“It’s you two, are you here to deliver some new inventions?” the man asked as he looked at Iris and I before we shook our heads as we entered the building which was filled with extravagant devices which half were what I “made” or rather brought using the combined knowledge of my previous life memories and the knowledge I earned from attending magic device creation course during the last two years I had in the academy.

“Is that so then what will you two buy today?” the man asked as he followed us around the shop while rubbing his hands together as sweat dripped from his forehead before a loud shout came from the other side of the shop.

“Where are the employees here, how dare those measly peasants treat us, the honorable Oki family like this?!” a boy shouted with an arrogant voice as the man who was attending us muttered, “it’s that annoying kid again…”. It seems like we encountered our first arrogant “young master” of the year, there were plenty of them last year but most of them were reprimanded seriously to the extent that their whole demeanor changed.

“Hey you two, come here and serve me!” the boy said as he looked us with disgusting eyes, the boy was extremely chubby and was exactly the definition of spoiled, not to mention his annoying glasses; he was also accompanied by two butlers who were also unpleasant to look at, they had the faces of those corrupt nobles we saw during Celeste’s reformation of the kingdom… I wonder if this Oki family is recycling all those exiled nobles…

“How about no?” I said as the boy got angry and yelled as he stomped his feet and punched a nearby display device “How dare you reject the request of the young master of the Oki family!”... the typical words of a spoiled young master, as expected of another world. I would bet almost all of my savings that I wouldn’t hear such arrogant words in real life.

“Is there a problem rejecting your request?” I asked while tilting my head acting ignorant as Alisha ignored the boy and searched around the shop for her necessities; it was her passive ability which was to ignore any arrogant boys, her ability is scary though as once the ignored person tries to attack her. The person would immediately be flattened by immense pressure. I mean it is a spell she learned from Celeste, which is called Void Dance, which is technically space being bent in a special manner that it sucks winds at high speed creating a large amount of force (pressure). I did mention in the past that Celeste didn’t teach 'us' anything but... well I kind of lied as that “us” actually only applies to me sadly since there are no records of my attribute.

“Of course, there are many problems with that! I will have you two do stuff with me if you resist!” the boy spoke while licking his lips like a thug as my mind plastered the word “cringe and disgusting” on his face.

“Well, sorry but that is a no.” I said as I walked off towards Alisha before a loud “grrr” can be heard from the building as the two butlers who were with him ran towards us; knowing this would happen, I grabbed my favorite scythe from my magic pouch before slamming its shiny blade on the floor before whole building violently; the difference between my old and new scythe is the fact that my new scythe (which is the one I am using) is a gray scythe with golden accents with a mana crystal embedded on the back of the pole, the mana crystals act as a power amplifier; the blade of the scythe is made of kanaium which is a rare material that can only be found on a certain dungeon, the grip of the scythe can change depending on what I like it to be (either loose grip or tight grip).

“it seems like you want force huh?” I asked as I swung my scythe horizontally while making sure that it won't hit anything on the store as loud forces of wind roared knocking the three of them (the boy and the two butlers); of course, the building was untouched as Alisha who was waiting on the counter, kept the whole place stable utilizing a spell that we share through the unique ability of grimoires which was taught to me by the other twins who usually play around inside my "mind space", the unique ability " Share Thoughts " is an ability where the contractor and the contracted can share their thoughts when they wish, this includes spells and the likes.

“Th-the Alverost’s emblem?!” the boy suddenly mumbled in fear as he stared at the emblem that was clearly visible on the mana crystal of my scythe. Ah, I forgot to turn that emblem off. It was an emblem gifted to Alisha and me from Celeste to tell everyone that we were in the protection (care) of the Alverosts, in a way you could say we were taken in by them; I actually didn’t want to use the emblem since I felt like I am racking too many benefits from them… Alisha as well had the thought the same but Iris's father said to not worry much about it.

“Well then, which family was it again?” I asked while trying to act cool, as I spun my scythe around before slamming the blade again but this time the blade landed between the legs of the boy: yikes, that is the cringiest thing I've ever done, I thought.

“Eeeek! I am sorry!” the boy cried as he rushed out of the room with water dripping from his pants as his butlers followed in suit while shivering before loud cheers of joy as well as claps can be heard on the building; the claps came from the man, Alisha and the customers here right now.

“Thanks for getting rid of them, I hope that person won't come harassing this area here...”, the man said as his wrinkled face relaxed while sighing in relief; is this the part where we can get anything we want for free, I thought as I immediately grabbed the devices I wanted before heading to the counter where Alisha was waiting with six devices: one hairdryer, a portable stove, a portable indoor bath, a portable chair, a portable desk, a study lamp while also including some drawing tools.

“Is that all you two want to buy?” the man asked as I happily nodded, after all, all of these will be free, I thought… “that would be 10 gold coins total.” the man said as my heart immediately stopped, that part I was expecting doesn’t exist…?! Isn't this the same part in anime where they offer us some amazing reward?!

“Mhm,” Alisha said as she took ten gold coins from her pouch and placed it on the table… wait… aren’t you supposed to be surprised in the amount of devices I brought, I thought as she tilted her head.

“Something wrong, Althea?” she asked as I shook my head, oh well. Thanks for paying then, I thought as we left the building carrying a paper bag full of devices before we moved to several parts of the capital, one was an apparel store; we simply checked around the apparel store to get some insight for our planned store before moving to our next stop which was the food stalls; on the food stalls, we purchased a surplus of food, the quantity of food we bought was enough for us to live with for almost a month. We probably went overboard on the food… since we also ate some at the spot, spending about 5 gold coins in total before heading to our last stop which was Alisha’s suggestion… guess what it is!

Times out, the last stop was a store that sold lingerie and the reason why she wanted to come here was… “Mine doesn’t fit me anymore…” she said which irritated me, how is she growing more than me?! I mean, we have the same appearance… I wonder if it still depended on our actual genetics… I heard during our exploration of the ruins 3 years ago that grimoire’s genetics comes from their previous life’s genetics… if that is true then… we aren’t sisters!

Anyways, after we finished buying lingerie for her. We immediately started heading back to the mansion where we coincidentally bumped with Celeste and the others who were also heading back to the mansion with a tired look, during our walk, I told Celeste about that boy who kept harassing the shops and customers before we headed arrived at the mansion where Celeste notified us the results of the survey which had a 90% approval rate while 10% disapproval rate, resulting in a win for the alliance; the ceremony will apparently be held once we come back from our trip to the village according to them since the 10% actually came from that certain village.

After she announced the results, we had a quick lunch where Helen and Amaryllis visited after, as we immediately started playing around with the two together with Alisha and Iona; Amaryllis apparently came by to deliver some snacks but her actual reasoning was to play with us and also escape from managing her fief. We soon finished playing around after six hours, then had dinner before waving goodbye to Amaryllis and Helen as we headed back to our rooms and fell straight at bed asleep.


I went overboard again and wrote a total of 2,208 words on this one, added with the previous chapter which was 1,000ish words...I should learn to sleep./author]

48