Chapter 67 – Konami Village
644 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 67 – Konami Village

A few hours went by as I talked to the twins on my consciousness about my discovery on the book, according to them; the details inside the book are not falsified and were tested personally by them back in their days, it was also the day where they nearly died. They never told me any information other than that, together with a warning to never use my grimoire form ever unless it is absolutely needed; it can be used as a final trump card, emphasis on final, they say.

I wonder what they actually saw during that day... this world is still full of mysteries that I don’t know; I thought as I opened my eyes before the warm light of the sun embraced me as a gentle and warm hand caressed my hair.

“Good morning, Althea”, Alisha said as she softly caressed with her slender hands... ahh, what a blessing to wake up to, I thought.

“Morning to you too, Alisha”, I replied as she tilted her head up and down before a loud snort can be heard from the background... The snort belonged to none other than Iris who was making charcoal toast.

“Hey Iris, the toast will be fried at that rate!” I yelled as she quickly turned off the stove... I realized something. There was never a single smoke that came out when you cooked inside the vehicle which was amazing and the stoves here are similar to those electric stoves you find in my previous world.

“I know, you don’t have to tell me!” Iris said as her face turned into a reddened puffer-fish while placing the toasts on our plates... what an adorable tsun but what wasn’t adorable was our toast, if I had to describe our toast once again... it would be charcoal with melted cheese... I wouldn’t eat this if it wasn’t for the fact that it was Iris who made it.

“Are you two eating or not?” Iris asked as she frowned before taking a bite on her toast... how do you manage to eat that normally...?

“Of course, I am eating!” Alisha said as she took a bite on hers before her face twisted as she gulped before grabbing some water from a nearby dispenser and drinking it in one breath... “I-it was good!” she added before looking at the toast with a frightened expression... yikes, that totally doesn’t help me change my view of this toast, I thought as I stared at my toast before taking a bite on it.

It didn’t take long before the taste of the charcoal toast was processed... the taste was absolutely horrendous; it felt spicy for some reason as well as salty which was not something I really expected from a toast... not only that but the cheese that was melted didn’t even taste like it.

“Isn’t it delicious?” Iris asked as she munched on her toast happily... delicious, more like the opposite but I can’t say that right...I thought as I quickly nodded before eating more of the toast, please end my suffering!

“By the way, where are we heading next?” I asked as Iris tilted her head before placing her hand on a nearby wall as a translucent blue hologram showed up; the hologram was like the ones in science fiction movies, the details shown on the hologram were our latitude, altitude and a map with icons... the hologram also showed where we are closest and also our destination point; what surprised me the most was the fact that the hologram was using the mana condensation technique which as the name indicates, condenses mana into a semi-solid form.

“Our next stop is towards Konami Village which is decently far, would you two like to take a quick break outside?” Iris asked... a break sounds nice since our location right now is on a vast field which was great for picnics, I thought as Alisha nodded before Iris tapped on a button on the hologram before the vehicle started slowing down before coming to a full stop as the door opened by itself revealing a lively field filled with beautiful flowers that gave off a soothing smell together with the sounds of water splashing on the far left and the sounds of rabbits hopping around on our far right.

“Let’s go then.” Iris said as we nodded before we went outside and prepared our picnic box when suddenly the box shook violently prompting us to go in caution, “What did you put inside?” Iris asked as she readied her gun.

“I don’t know, all I placed was food!” Alisha said before the cover of the picnic box exploded, as a white wolf flew out towards Alisha; the white wolf was none other than Nahrin who somehow entered the tiny picnic box... how did she manage to survive inside a picnic box for an entire day?!

“It’s you, how did you get there?” Alisha asked as she combed Nahrin’s fur while hugging her... i thought it was my time for cuddles... how did this wolf get here?!!!

“Arf-arf!” the wolf barked as Alisha giggled... what are they talking about it, I thought as Iris suddenly nodded as she spoke... “I never heard of Helper Wolves surviving without air for a whole day but I have heard a story about how Helper Wolves were descendants of Fenrir with the last one being born ten years ago”, Iris muttered as Nahrin barked at her while nodding; wait, are you saying that Nahrin isn’t a Helper Wolf but actually a Fenrir... you are great at joking, Iris!

“Well, we can’t prove it right now since we lack information about Fenrir and their attributes, structure of their mana and the most important part which is information about their unique blood, so it’s better not to think about it for now”, Iris said as Nahrin barked at her before walking to the picnic box and grabbing a blanket using her mouth and throwing it on the ground.

“What an intelligent boy!” Alisha said as she patted Nahrin’s fluffy head... how about me, can I get a head pat as well, please?

“What do we have for snacks today?” I asked as I walked towards Alisha and Nahrin who was already sitting down on the blanket as the soft breeze struck onto us.

“Cookies!” Alisha said as she grabbed some cookies that weren’t crushed by Nahrin and bit on them happily before giving her bitten cookie to Nahrin... hey, can I have that... please, I thought as the wolf ate the cookie before looking at me with a smug face... just you wait you little wolf, I will have my revenge!

“What’s wrong Althea, want a lap pillow?” Alisha asked as I nodded before resting on her soft and fluffy lap as I stared at her eyes as she ate her cookies without a single crumb falling off, while I was staring at her face, she suddenly took a cookie from the picnic box before looking at me as she said “Say aaaah!”

“Aaaaeeeiouuuu!” I said as she hand-fed me a cookie which was more delicious than usual, “Was it delicious?”, she asked as I replied with an “mmm!” before she fed me more cookies as a loud snort can be heard once again in the background.

“Come here as well, Iris” Alisha said towards Iris who was pouting... “No need, I can feed myself”, Iris said as Alisha shook her head before grabbing her and placing her beside me as she fed her a cookie as well.

“I said I can feed myself!” Iris said as she turned red, don’t talk... just admire the delicious cookie she gives to you!

“I know, but it’s better if we eat them together right?” Alisha asked as I agreed... any food can become great once eaten together with the ones you love, that is one thing I learned from our short tour in Al Kadia village.

“Fine, just this once”, Iris said as Alisha smiled before patting her head as we continued eating our cookies; the earthy smell of the soil after rain, the soothing aroma of the flowers, the sounds of tiny birds flying around, the small details of nature that we don’t usually notice... i wish it would stay this calm forever, I thought as time slowly moved before we headed back inside the magical vehicle as it restarted its engines once again and started moving towards our second stop... Konami Village, otherwise known as Our Tree Village in the language of this world; as we moved towards our destination, Alisha and Nahrin played around with each other on a modified game meanwhile Iris was reading a book she brought.

The game that the two are playing right now is a game like snakes and ladder but instead of snakes, they use cookies and whoever wins gets to eat the cookie which is a childish game but still; they are enjoying it... meanwhile here I am reading the book I was reading since yesterday, right now I am still far away from the middle part of the book which is quite sad but still, I learned a large amount just from reading it.

A new technique that the book taught me is a scythe technique which fits me well, the technique’s name is Boomerang which as the name implies, it is technically a boomerang with special effects like in movies; what’s special about this technique is it the fact that it uses dual elements, generally what we are taught in the academy is you can only apply a single element to a weapon, technique or generally just your movements but according to the book, this rule is not something that affects grimoires as they are their own laws or rather, their existence already breaks the laws of the world already.

How this technique works is by utilizing another technique called Split Imagination, this technique is a more interesting technique than the Boomerang one as the technique teaches you several facts about a grimoire, the most important fact about a grimoire is, they don’t only have one consciousness but double that... one of the consciousness that a grimoire has is their spiritual world (or secondary world) which is the world inside their mind, this one talks about the world I always enter when I sleep... This is also the world where the other twins are staying.

The third consciousness is called the book reference system (or knowledge system) but the book doesn’t give much detail about this third consciousness as it differs from every grimoire, the author which is the founder of the Alverosts apparently met other grimoires and talked about this specific consciousness to which they found out that it differs from every grimoire depending on their attributes.

Anyway, to use split imagination, you have to utilize the processing power of your second consciousness... of course, because this world is weird... the technique is weird as well because it requires your first consciousness to attract your second consciousness somehow...

“You can understand that?” Alisha suddenly asked while I was deep in thought... I can understand it, why want to read it as well... sorry but you can’t.

“Yes, why?” I asked as she tilted her head together with Iris who had her eyes wide open.

“Are you for real?” Iris asked as she sat down beside me and pointed at a certain word before asking, “What does this mean?”

“It means Split Imagination, why?” I asked as she looked more shocked before pointing at more words until a few minutes passed by as her face was convinced.

“What is the book about?” Iris asked as she calmed down... I guess I can tell her since this is also a property of the Alverosts.

“Well, it is a book that teaches grimoires on the dangers of our grimoire form and techniques that only us grimoires can use on our human forms”, I explained as she nodded before her mouth opened... “Is that so, then would you like to read more books our founder wrote?” she asked... there is more, this is getting interesting...

“Sure, what’s the condition?” I asked as she poked her cheeks before asking, “How about you explain to me the dangers of your grimoire form, that should be enough for Great-grandma to accept”... that is fine for me, I thought as I explained to her the information I got, Alisha was also listening before night time arrived as we arrived on our next stop... the Konami Village (Our Tree Village).

46