Chapter 69 – Encounter with the Namiyans
627 6 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 69 – Encounter with the Namiyans.

A cold breeze engulfs us as we entered the dark, and gloomy forest; filled with colossal trees, wider than an acacia tree, with half the height of a redwood tree, a forest that looks like something out of a horror movie... that was what the forest looked like as we entered it.

“Do you know where we are going?” Alisha asked as Iris looked around the place before nodding... “There are several landmarks, the Namiyans place for cases like these”, Iris replied as she started moving towards a certain tree; the tree was similar to the others but compared to the others, this particular tree had an arrow engraved on it... the arrow was not very visible far away and was pointing to the northwest.

“Is that one of the landmarks?” I asked as Iris nodded before walking towards the northwest and carefully looking around the place for more landmarks as time passes by quietly; there were several types of landmarks, one might be stone paths, another could be the color of the leaves and etc. They were not easy to find as they are well hidden most likely for their protection.

As time passes by, we finally arrive at a very large tree... the tree was ten times wider than an Arbol del Tule while being taller than a redwood tree; what was more beautiful about this certain tree were its leaves, crystal rainbow leaves that were out of this world... not long after we arrived in front of the tree, ten figures suddenly appeared out of nowhere... long blonde hair that reaches their back, with the same height as a dwarf together with small pointy ears that added to their beautiful pale white skin, creatures that seemed too beautiful to exist on this world, Namiyans.

It’s Sister Iris!” one of the figures said as it jumped towards Iris with a bright smile that complimented its crystal green eyes... sister Iris?!

How have you been, Mea?” Iris said as she caught the tiny Namiyan before softly caressing its golden hair.

I am fine!”, the Namiyan, Mea said as it cuddled up to Iris before a cough can be heard from the other nine figures... all of them looked similar with the difference being either their eyes, nose, and body; some of them have more mass on the top while the other half being flat boards themselves.

Let me guess your reason for coming here... to negotiate right?” one of the Namiyans with an aura of a leader, and ruby eyes said as Iris nodded before the Namiyan shook his head and said, “We are fine with leaving one person behind but the rest shall be punished in accordance with the pact, if you do not accept then feel free to leave... this situation is not negotiable if there is no example... it will keep repeating again and again”... immediately rejected huh, well, I guess what he said makes sense... if there is no example to be made, then nothing will change.

Is there any way to at least forgive them?” Iris asked while cuddling with the tiny Namiyan, Mea... “Sadly, there is no other way... we can leave one behind to tell the tale but the others cannot be forgiven, I guess Madam Celeste taught you about that by now... right?” the leader-looking Namiyan said as Iris nodded with a disappointed face.

Well then, how about you three come inside for now... since Mea looks forward to playing with those twins right there”, another Namiyan with ocean blue eyes said as she smiled at us; identifying their genders are really hard, the only way we could tell that one is a he or she is through their ears and their aura... according to the textbooks, Namiyans with a softer feel to them are females, their ears tend to be shorter than the males.

Is that fine with you?” Iris asked as the Namiyans nodded before our surroundings distorted once again... is this teleportation again? I thought before our entire surroundings changed into a busy city filled with extremely large trees, by trees.

Impressive right, all of those trees are their homes as well as their businesses”, Iris said as she smiled at us while holding the little Namiyan, Mea... wait, all of these trees are their own houses as well as shops and etc, impressive!

Welcome to the city of the Namiyans, Iuyona”, one of the Namiyans said as we nodded before following them towards a certain tree and entering inside; the interior was just like a modern house filled with red carpets as well as couches and chairs, what was unique about this place was the earthy feel it gave off... it’s like nature was talking to you, watching over you and hugging you.

What would you two like to drink?”, one of them asked... what are the drinks available here, how much do they cost and can we have a discount? I thought as Alisha said, “Coffee please” before looking at me.

I’ll take a coffee as well”, I replied before the ocean blue-eyed Namiyan nodded and looked at Iris who nodded before leaving towards another room... I guess they already know what Iris wants here, which is usually coffee I guess?

Can we instead negotiate the amount of people we can save?” Iris asked as the leader Namiyan shook his head as he replied... “Only one, I’ll give you this, let the one you choose eat it and he/she shall be saved and blessed... be careful of who you choose”... the Namiyan said as he gave Iris a tiny seed that doesn’t look edible at anyway... who would we save, hundreds of choices but only one can be saved, isn’t this problematic?! I thought as Iris’s face looked troubled, possibly after knowing that the Namiyans are truly, as they say, ones who stick by their words and never drift out of it.

Then, I will thank you for at least letting one live”, Iris said as she bowed down to the Namiyan who shook his head once again... “It’s not a problem to let one live, he/she shall tell a true tale of what it means to go against us, Namiyans”, the leader Namiyan said as Iris nodded while hugging the sleeping Namiyan, Mea before our coffee arrived together with green snacks that looked like cookies.

 

Oh well, after chapter 70 or 72, I will take a half a week hiatus. ;-;

47