Chapter 74 – Planning
946 13 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 74 - Planning

 

“Leader! The city core's first defense has been breached!!” a Namiyan on the corner of the room shouted as every single one of us halted in place… what is a city core?

 

“What did you say?!” the leader Namiyan shouted in shock as his forehead started sweating.

 

“What is a city core?” Alisha asked as she tilted her head as the leader Namiyan answered… “The city core is a Nifrium Crystalline1A kind of ore in the world of EGO that is close to transparent in color while being able to store over a million times more than a normal mana crystal. orb which powers everything such as the defenses of the city, it is also the sole source of our power, Namiyans and if that is going to break then we are doomed!”

 

“What should we do then?” Iris asked as the adorable fairy on my shoulder suggested… “Can’t we just kill all of them?”… kill all of them, you say?

 

“That is impossible! With their numbers, they could easily beat us to death!” a Namiyan replied back with the others nodding to his answer… are they really that strong? They weren't that strong when I fought them.

 

“It’s easy to kill them all, you know! Just fwuuuah and fweeeh them!” the adorable fairy said as pointed on the door… two minutes passed with nothing happening, everyone stared at the fairy with confusion before a loud BOOOM echoed in the room, sparing none of our ears.

 

“Wha–what did you just do?!” the leader Namiyan asked while staring at a burnt door with disbelief on his eyes… wha– what happened there?! That door was just brand new!

 

“It’s just fire magic, you know!” the fairy said as she tilted her head… fire magic, your face! The fire magic we know is a billion times weaker than that! Not only that but did you just create flames out of nowhere?! That is impossible, you know!!

 

“That’s because you have been doing it wrong, Mama!” the fairy said as she rubbed her tiny head on my cheeks happily… is that an insult?! I dare you to fight me! FIGHT MEEE!!!

 

“I won’t ask how you did that… but it’s impossible for us! Creating flames out of thin air is simply not realistic!” a Namiyan said as the others nodded.

 

“Then you don’t have to, I can do it myself since Mama wants to go home already”, the fairy said while flying over to Alisha with a pout… is she hungry?

 

“How about this, if the little fairy girl can kill all of them in one shot then…” the leader Namiyan started to explain his plan which after some debates, ended like this… The objective of the plan will be to eliminate all of the spideas in one attempt, and to do this the Namiyans will act as the decoy and gather the spideas at a point AT on the border of the City Core before the fairy will obliterate them all in one sweep… this is, by no means, a risky move as a single mistake on our side could lead to dozens of fatalities together with the collapse of the core.

 

We continued to finalize our plans before splitting ourselves into several groups; the mage group will move together with the spearsmen meanwhile swordsmen group will move alone to the center of the city before taking a detour to Elizabeth’s diner and going straight to the border which is estimated to take thirty minutes at most.

 

The mage and spearsmen will head to the southern side of the city before moving straight to the western side before moving to the northern and going straight to the core from there, they will be the one with the most fatalities according to our estimate but still, none of them showed any fear, as they bravely agreed to take this special role with the reasoning being… “We believe that our actions would save another generation”

 

Alisha, Iris, and I will be on top of a tower, cleaning up as much as we can before the other groups arrive. I still have no idea what weapons we will be utilizing but Iris reassured us that it won't be much of a problem.

 

“Well then, are all of us ready?” Iris asked as the Namiyans nodded after doing a final check.

 

“How about we first send a prayer to our almighty Goddess for safety?” the leader Namiyan suggested as a female Namiyan walked towards the center and started singing in a pleading voice, "Oh, Goddess, that watches us, hear our prayer, that the people here, shall be safe from harm as we engage in a hopeless battle. Oh, Goddess, who shines brighter than the stars, please look with mercy on us as we fight in this war. This, we beg to you, through our undying spirits, Alm." 


After the prayer, the leader Namiyan looked at us and asked, “Are you three good to go?"

 

“More than ready!” Iris shouted as Alisha and I nodded as the leader Namiyan suddenly giggled… “Those two really remind me of Kaleen and her partner.” while smiling… who?! Wait, Kaleen?! Kaleen as in the grimoire partner of the founder?! Do you mean the founders?! How old are you to know them?!

 

“Well then, let’s get moving!” the leader Namiyan said as the others raised their weapons while cheering as they slowly walked towards the door… “Smile!” before we suddenly arrived at our positions... Hey! At least answer my question first!!! I screamed inside as an adorable voice suddenly reverberated around the room as we were suddenly teleported to our respective positions.

This mini-arc may be so far the worse I have written yet.*cries* Why did I bother adding this, oh well!!!


48