Chapter 76 – The Unexpected
688 18 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 76 — The Unexpected.

 

“Is everything ready?” the leader Namiyan asked nervously as he looked around the place which was completely riddled with empty cartridges from our shooting spree… uhh, we totally didn’t make a mess here, okay?!

 

“I would say we are ready but the only one that can answer the question is the one right over there”, Iris said as she glanced at the rainbow-winged fairy sitting on my shoulder.

 

“Ah!… don’t worry!” the fairy said while displaying a confident smile as she stared at the wall with her eyebrows frowned… can she see through walls?!

 

“I am just looking at their mana signatures, Mama,” As if hearing my thoughts once again, the fairy answered while brushing her miniature head on my cheeks, it seems like she is waiting for something, I wonder what it is.

 

A few moments passed by as the Namiyans started getting nervous with some even wondering if they should even trust the fairy, the situation on the tower was slowly turning chaotic as constant sounds of ramming can be heard from below… if this continues any longer then the unity between Namiyans would be broken.

 

“Don’t worry, Mama… it will be soon”, the fairy said with a smile as if to reassure the insecure me… is that so, then I will trust you.

 

More and more time passed by as the ramming sound became even louder, to the extent that the walls were slowly cracking with the Namiyans slowly getting insecure as they looked at the fairy with nervous eyes. You could still see the trust they have on the fairy but it was no longer as much as the trust from the start.

 

“Little girl, what are you waiting for?” the Leader Namiyan asked as his face started frowning as the tower started shaking from all the ramming that was being done from the spideas… I thought Spideas act like spiders and don’t ram stuff, that’s weird.

 

“That’s because they aren’t the same Spideas you know, Mama,” the fairy on my shoulder said as she started explaining what kind of Spideas we are fighting against and also what she was waiting for.

 

Spidea AB-9, a variant of Spidea which is more powerful than ordinary Spideas; this variant is more powerful physically but weaker on the mana side, they cannot crawl because of their weight which is a downside as well but in exchange, they can be reliably mass-produced.

 

That was the information the fairy somehow gathered, I don’t understand how she knows everything… it is as if she is the world herself but that should be impossible right?

 

“What are you waiting for, little fairy?” a female Namiyan asked as the fairy tilted her head as she replied, “I am waiting for the mastermind”... the mastermind, there is one…?!

 

“Mama, are you dumb?” the fairy asked as the pride inside me started breaking down… I am dumb okay, you don’t have to ask!

 

“Don’t worry, the mastermind is a few more minutes from now”, the fairy answered as we peeked out of the window before noticing a large crowd of tiny spiders in the center of them; it was like a parade, but instead of humans… It was a parade of spiders.

 

“KEVIN, COME OUT YOU BASTARD!” a loud shout can be heard from the distance.

 

The voices were all on the rougher side, it was the voice of what I would say, an antagonist but that’s not the surprise here; the real surprise here is the Namiyan’s reaction, almost all of the older Namiyans had their eyes open wide as they stared at the figure in the center of the parade, a pointed ear figure wearing an edgy black teary shirt with a very large sword on his back.

 

“Jared…?!” the leader Namiyan mumbled as he stared at the figure in the distance… the figure was exactly another Namiyan with his partner being a human wearing a lab coat; the human had his whole face covered by his hair, with a pink wand on his hand… it was the exact imitation of an edgy person.

 

“Who is Jared?” Alisha asked while staring at the parade that was slowly approaching us… yeah, who is Jared…?

 

“Jared was my only son, who was exiled for murdering another Namiyan,” the leader Namiyan said as he glared at the person named Jared… is that so, then you must be Kevin? Wait, why did you guys decided to exile him instead of imprisoning him?! 

 

“Excuse me, fairy coming in the way!” a voice came flying past leaving behind a rainbow trail before an extremely bright light engulfed the field... "GET BACK" the leader Namiyan shouted as we immediately backed off from the window just before the stone wall exploded into several pieces... what was that?!

 

“Mama, it seems like we have a problem here… I will be teleporting all of you in just a second!” a cute voice echoed inside my mind as we suddenly arrived a few miles before the parade.

 

“YOU FINALLY CAME OUT, KEVIN!” the one named Jared said as his mouth turned into an evil smile while glaring at the leader Namiyan.

 

“What do you want, Jared?!” the leader Namiyan asked as he took out his sword while glaring at the man named Jared.

 

“WHAT ELSE DO I WANT OTHER THAN THE CITY,” the man named Jared said as he licked his lips before grabbing a person from his back; the person had pointed ears as well but what was unique about him was his clothes, he was wearing clothes of a priest.

 

“Jacob?!” all of the Namiyans looked at the person in the arms of the person named Jared… wait, isn’t that a Namiyan Priest… the one who is loved by the Namiyans and their Gods, also the one who receives the oracle from their gods?!

Alisha isn't getting much screentime on this part, but don't worry I have plans!

48