Chapter 83 – Arrival at Oaksville.
784 9 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Althea, Chapter 83 - Arrival at Oaksville.

 

A few hours swiftly passed by as the silhouette of a town slowly appeared in our sight, the town had no walls whatsoever. It was an open town with no guards patrolling, it didn’t look secure at all. 

 

“Why does the town have no walls, isn’t that dangerous?” I asked as we sat on the sofa, staring out of the window.

 

“I heard from Father that the town and some others will be testing out a new magic device they researched which utilizes mana to create a formidable barrier that protects the town from criminals as well as monsters, though it is still on beta testing but they said that it should properly work,” Iris replied as she ate a cookie while watching Alisha, Aisha and Nahrin play with each other on the floor.

 

“Compared to traditional barriers which require 24/7 human supervision, this barrier is much more safer added with the fact that criminals cannot bribe the guards to enter. It is just much more convenient,” Iris added as she stood up and went to make some milk before coming back and sipping on it.

 

Is that so, then I’ll take your word for it then, I wonder how it feels to be inside a borderless town especially after being used to places with extremely large borders. I am expecting a lot from this new open town. I said to myself before time swiftly passed by as we soon entered the town after some kind of distorted feeling swept past us.

 

“What was that distorted feeling?” Alisha asked as she sat down on the portable bed with Aisha on her lap.

 

“It should be the barrier checking our records. It does feel weird though, especially when you are actively moving.” Iris replied as she quickly drank some water.

 

Yeah, I agree it is a weird feeling but it is handy for letting you know that you have entered the town though. I thought as Iris went to the control panel of the vehicle before selecting a specific location which was a fairly familiar area.

 

“Where are we staying for the night?” I asked as I walked towards Alisha and the others before combing Aisha’s hair.

 

“You will know soon,” Iris replied as she tapped on some numbers before a ringtone echoed around the vehicle, a few seconds later, a click sound reverberated around the vehicle as a voice entered our ears.

 

“Iris, what’s up?” a familiar masculine voice spoke.

 

“Nothing much, are you in town right now, Uncle?” Iris asked.

 

“Yeah, I am handling the development of the town. Why do you ask?” the familiar voice, which was Iris’s uncle who we hadn’t seen in awhile, answered.

 

“Nothing much, we’ll be staying in the town for a few days to restock. I’ll ask access for entry to my house, as well as some supplies for a few days of travel,” Iris replied as she relaxed on the sofa with a sigh.

 

“Is that so, then let me do that real quick,” Iris’s uncle replied as a few tapping noises followed.

 

“You should have access to the house now, as for the supplies, you can head to the suppliers after a few days.” Iris’s uncle answered after a few moments.

 

“Thanks, uncle,” Iris said as a thumbs up appeared on the screen before she walked over and pressed a button as the screen returned to normal.

 

I never heard about the vehicle having a call feature, rather why does this feel more science fiction now? It is normal for technology to advance but I am still shocked by how fast the advancements are.

 

“We’ll be staying at my new house for some days, you three can head for dates while I restock on our supplies if you like,” Iris said as she closed her eyes.

 

“Is that so, then we’ll take up your offer for it then,” I said as I glanced at Alisha who nodded while softly caressing Aisha’s cheeks who had fallen asleep on her lap.

 

“We’ll arrive at my house in a few minutes, be sure to take out your luggage if you have any since I am also cleaning up the interior here,” Iris said as Alisha and I nodded before getting out of bed and heading towards the luggage cabin, just beside the door before opening it and taking out several items that we placed there.

 

There weren’t a lot of items that we placed there because of how narrow it is, the only things we placed there are simply clothes which were “not a lot”... Well, maybe it is a lot but still lesser than what we would place on our magic pouches.

 

Ten minutes swiftly passed by as I finished transferring all the clothes onto my magic pouch before we arrived on a modern-looking house painted in white with a tiny garden full of lilies on both sides.

 

“We are here,” Iris said as she walked to the door before opening it as fresh air came rushing inside the vehicle.

 

“Aisha, we have arrived. Wake up!” Alisha said as she shook Aisha a few times before the girl rubbed her eyes before staring at Alisha.

 

“What is up, Mama?” Aisha asked as she slowly got up from Alisha’s lap.

 

“We are going to leave the vehicle, for now, you can sleep later once we arrive at our room,” Alisha answered as she quickly combed Aisha’s hair.

 

“Oh, is that so, then please carry me, Mama!” Aisha said as Alisha sighed before looking at me with eyes that say, “Carry her”.

 

Fine, I’ll carry her then. I pouted inside as I walked towards them and lowered myself as Aisha quickly climbed on my back.

 

“Let’s go!” she said as I nodded before walking outside the vehicle before a cold breeze swept past me as the refreshing smell of flowers entered my nose.

 

I am back, Oaksville... the first town I ever entered! I said to myself as I stared up in the sky with a smile.

47