Chapter 86 – Bacon and Eggs
903 20 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

Althea, Chapter 86 - Bacon and Eggs.

 

“Mama, wake up!” a voice rang in my ears as my whole world started shaking violently.

 

“Stop it! I am awake!” I shouted as I grabbed her hands while opening my eyes, before seeing a pink-haired girl wearing melon pajamas.

 

“What is up, this time?” I asked as my eyes twitched while staring at her.

 

“I am hungry!” she answered while pouting.

 

Are you always hungry… When was the time that you weren’t actually hungry for food?

 

“Fine, wait for me in the dining room. I’ll make you something for now,” I said as she nodded and gently hopped out of bed before slowly walking outside wearing her pajamas.

 

Haa… when can I have a good sleep nowadays? I thought as I slowly got out of bed before heading out to the dining room where Iris’s uncle and his son, Calvin were sitting with Aisha.

 

“Good morning, Althea?” Iris’s uncle asked as he tilted her head.

 

“Good morning to you as well, uncle,” I said while grabbing Iris’s apron and wearing it before going after a frying pan and placing it on the magic stove before turning on the stove.

 

“What do you want to eat, today?” I asked while glancing at Aisha.

 

“Hmm… bacon!” she said after poking her cheeks for a few minutes.

 

“Bacon again…? Fine, I’ll make you some bacon then. Go make your own milk for now,” I said as she nodded before hopping out of her chair and doing her thing as I went towards the fairly large fridge and grabbing a pack of bacon as well as eggs before placing them on the table.

 

After placing them on the table, I immediately ripped the plastic packaging on the bacon before throwing them on the pan as they started cooking.

 

“Mama, how do you use this again?” Aisha asked while looking at me with a troubled face as I sighed.

 

“I’ll help her, you can continue on cooking, for now, Althea,” Iris’s uncle said as he walked towards Aisha.

 

“Thanks,” I said as I continued on cooking the bacon, a few moments later, the bacon was finally cooked. After the bacon, I then started cooking the egg which took a minute or so. After all of them were cooked, I went ahead and grabbed a plate for Aisha and placed the bacon and eggs there before handing it to her.

 

“Is there rice, Mama?” Aisha asked while sitting on her chair as I walked towards the rice cooker before noticing that it was empty.

 

“There isn’t, how about having bread for now?” I asked as I grabbed a loaf of bread and handed it to her.

 

“Anything else you want?” I asked as she shook her head while preparing her sandwich with Calvin curiously looking at her.

 

“Are you not eating, Althea?” Iris’s uncle asked as I sat down on the seat next to Alisha.

 

“No need, I am still full from last night,” I said while smiling.

 

“Is that so, then do you have any plans later this day?” Iris’s uncle asked as I rested my head on my shoulders.

 

Hmm… do I have any plans, well I think Alisha would be fine with checking out how much has the town changed? I wonder if there are any good snacks to buy here, probably souvenirs for Iona…

 

“I think, we’ll just go and check out the town for now. Do you have any recommendations?” I asked as he took out a map and a pen.

 

“Hmm, what kind of places you want to visit?” He asked.

 

“I think some restaurants would be nice, and some tourist spots that didn’t exist three years ago if there are any,” I answered as he nodded before marking several spots on the map using a red pen.

 

“Here, these should be good spots to go to,” Iris’s uncle said as he handed the map to me.

 

“Thanks,” I replied as I took the map from him and inspected it.

 

The map was fairly well-made, it was similar to the ones you find in my past life… rather, you wouldn’t even think twice if someone said that the map was printed. It was fairly detailed like the one that the Namiyans gave to us.

 

On the map, there were eight different spots that were circled, three of them were restaurants, two were simply shops for souvenirs which was exactly what I wanted meanwhile the rest were tourist spots that were newly built.

 

The three restaurants circled were the Kitten Bakery, Fairy’s Crispy Chicken, and the last one being the most unique one and also the one Alisha and I would hate the most… it was Grass’s Vegetable Salad. The name already says a lot… according to the information on the map, the restaurant apparently sells varieties of vegetable salads.

 

No matter how many varieties you give to me, I won’t bother eating at that restaurant for sure! Unless you give me a meat variety but that wouldn’t be a vegetable salad at all… anyways, the souvenir shops listed were Kayla’s Accessories and Mama Nai’s Dress Shop which were shops I haven’t heard about three years ago. Apparently, the owners of these two shops arrived at the town one and a half years ago.

 

Kayla’s Accessories is apparently well-known throughout the citizens here because of their grandiose accessories from rings to necklaces, they don’t come without a cost also with the cheapest of their items at 10 gold coins… I hope we won’t get bankrupt from all of these spendings…

 

Also, Mama Nai’s Dress Shop is also one of the more famous shops for dresses. They take requests for custom made dresses and like Kayla’s Accessories, they don’t come without a hefty price. The price for a ready-made dress is about one gold coin meanwhile the custom ones come at 10 gold coins at the lowest.

 

There are some cheaper shops in the town but their quality is not quite guaranteed here, according to the map.

 

Next on the map are the tourist spots, there are three tourist spots that were built here and they are quite a few distances from each other. The first tourist spot that was built here is a man-made spot that features a mini-size model of the capital, it was apparently built by a famous man from a Viscount family. The tourist spot sits on a small, nearby hill just a few distances away from the main town and is heavily filled with curious people all day long apparently.

 

The next tourist spot is quite unique, it is apparently a large sword stuck on a fairly large rock, according to the map, it was apparently made through nature’s natural formation which is quite shocking… but they have several pieces of evidence that say so, reminds me of the Holy Excalibur…

 

The last tourist spot on the list is the former building of the Guild which apparently survived the heavy attack from the Exiled Fairies… it apparently survived with everything untouched according to the map and is a memory of what had happened three years on the town. 

 

There isn’t much to see inside the former Guild Hall since they didn’t change much inside, other than preparing a few shops for souvenirs… still, I wonder how the Guild Hall managed to survive the heavy attack from the Exiled Fairies which according to that adorable Queen Fairy back on the capital, should be strong enough to rip it apart.

 

That is weird… I thought when suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulders.

 

“Althea, are you there?” a familiar figure asked while looking at me intently.

 

“Oh… Good morning, Alisha,” I said as I placed the map on the table as she tilted her head.

 

“What were you reading?” she asked as I shook my head.

 

“Nothing much, it’s just a map, Uncle gave us for when we will tour around the town,” I replied as I stood up from my seat before looking at Alisha.

 

“Want to eat something?” I asked as she nodded.

 

“Then wait there, I’ll cook up something for you,” I said as she sat on her seat while I started my routine of cooking bacon and eggs once again.

 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

41