Chapter 87 – Heading out.
1k 21 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

Althea, Chapter 87 - Heading out.

 

Soon after, the two of us finished eating, we immediately headed to the living room where we saw two little kids playing with each other on a tabletop game.

 

“Mama!” Aisha said as she ran up to Alisha and me before the two of us patted her hair.

 

“You don’t have to run up to us every time, how about you continue playing with Calvin?” I said as she tilted her head.

 

“I already won,” she said as she glanced at Calvin who laid on the floor with a tired face.

 

Woah… you are one insane girl, you know? I am bad at those games, especially chess… What is up with these kids anyway? How do they know chess at such a young age?!

 

“It’s quite shocking for me to see Calvin being beaten in his favorite game…” Iris’s uncle said as he stared at the chessboard.

 

“How do you know chess?” I asked Aisha as we sat down on the sofa.

 

“I just learned from watching,” Aisha said as my eyes opened in shock.

 

What… this must be what they call prodigies huh…

 

“Your daughter is quite impressive,” Iris’s uncle said as he picked up the defeated Calvin and laid him on the sofa.

 

“Rather, how does your son know Chess at 3 years old?” I asked as he laughed.

 

“I taught him very early in the days, or rather his mother taught him very early just because she wanted to,” Iris’s uncle said as he softly patted his son’s hair.

 

“Interesting… speaking of which, I haven’t seen your wife yet,” I said as Aisha suddenly jumped on my back.

 

“Hey, get off! You will injure yourself!” I said as she placed her head on top of mine.

 

“Mama’s hair is quite soft, I like it!” Aisha said before Alisha grabbed her and placed her on the sofa.

 

“Ehem, anyway, my wife is quite a busy girl. She likes socializing with other families, so it’s normal that you two don’t see her often,” Iris’s uncle said.

 

“Is that so, then who takes care of Calvin whenever you are off for work?” I asked.

 

“Well, I always bring him with me whenever his elder sister is off for school. I also teach him the foundations of Mathematics and the likes,” Iris’s uncle said as I nodded.

 

“Anyways, when are you three going to tour around the town?” he asked.

 

“Hmm, we could go right now if Alisha wants to go,” I answered while glancing at Alisha who was playing with the energetic Aisha on the floor.

 

“I am fine with any time, but first, we have to make Aisha take a bath,” Alisha said as we glanced at Aisha who was happily fighting against Alisha on chess.

 

“Well, there is that… how about you, Uncle?” I asked as he showed a smile.

 

“I am just waiting for Iris to wake up since we have a few issues to tackle as well as heading to the suppliers later,” he answered.

 

“Is that so, then we’ll head out first then,” I said while walking towards Alisha and Aisha.

 

“Take care then,” he said as I nodded before turning towards Alisha and Aisha.

 

“Aisha, it’s bath time!” I said as she glanced at me with a pout.

 

“Ten more minutes!” she said as I sighed.

 

“There is no such word as ten minutes in my dictionary, come here!” I said as I picked her up from the floor and walked back to our room before getting her ready for bath.

 

Speaking of which, Aisha has never taken a bath before right? This should be her first time taking a bath, I wonder if she likes hot or cold… well, let’s go with cold water then! I thought as we entered the bathroom which was already filled with cold water for some reason.

 

Soon after we entered the bathroom, I immediately started washing Aisha first before dragging her inside the bath as we relaxed there for a few moments before finally getting out of the bath and drying ourselves up before heading back to our room where she sat on the bed with both of her cheeks puffed up.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I rummaged through our luggage searching for a suitable dress for her… her size is about the same as Iona two years ago, so we have a fair amount of dress that she could wear. Actually, I don’t even know why we kept some of Iona’s dresses… I think it was because Celeste was about to throw them because they didn’t fit her anymore or something, oh well… that doesn’t matter.

 

“I wanted to play!” she angrily spoke while laying on the bed as I searched for a dress that would fit her.

 

“You can play anytime you want after we finish our short tour, I’ll buy you any game you want to buy during our tour, so stop being angry,” I said as I took a fluffy floral white dress that was about her size before handing it to her.

 

“Wear it, tell me when you are done. I’ll fix your hair after,” I said as I searched the luggage once again for a dress that I could wear, preferably a pink dress since I feel like wearing a pink dress today. I should have a pink off-shoulder dress somewhere, the off shoulders here are fairly worse than the ones in my previous world since they are apparently imitations of what the Alverost founders wore during their time here.

 

After a few moments of rummaging through the luggage, I decided on going for a white blouse and pink skirt because the pink dress wasn’t there… oh well, the white blouse and pink skirt is still nice to wear. 

 

“Mama, I am done,” Aisha said as I stood up from the floor and walked towards her who was sitting on the bed before braiding her hair to a half up rope braid which was rare to see in this world.

 

After a few moments, the two of us stared at each other in the mirror before doing final minute fixes before heading out to the living room where we were greeted by Iris and Alisha who were eating cookies by themselves.

 

“It seems like you two are ready to go huh,” Iris asked as we sat down beside Alisha and ate some cookies with them.

 

“Of course, we are ready to go. Do you have anything you want us to buy on the way?” I asked as Iris relaxed on the sofa before taking out a notepad and a pen and started writing down a few things before handing it to us.

 

“That’s about it, here’s the money needed, remember to go for the higher quality ones!” Iris said as I took the note and started reading what was written inside.

 

The items she wanted us to buy were mostly kitchen utensils, or devices used to cook pastries which is not a surprise considering how much she likes to make food though… She is extremely bad at it.

 

She also listed a few places that we could buy the devices, some of which are located on the further parts of the town which is a pain but well, what is a tour if we don’t go to the deeper parts of the town.

 

“Well then, are you ready to go, Alisha?” I asked as she fixed her hair for a few moments before nodding at me.

 

“How about you, Aisha?” I glanced at her who was laying on Alisha’s lap with a pout.

 

“I am ready, hmph!” she said as she got up and sat on the sofa while kicking her feet in the air.

 

I know, you are angry but would you rather play a single game for the rest of your life? I am giving you the chance to buy other games while we are at it, you know!

 

“Well then, we’ll head out first. Take care of your business, Iris!” I said as we stood up from the sofa and walked towards the door as Iris waved her hands.

 

“You three, take care as well. Be sure to come back before evening, otherwise, you won’t have any dinner!” she said as we nodded before we left the house and started walking towards our first destination while holding each other’s hands.

 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

42