Chapter 78 – Awards Ceremony
701 19 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strangely enough, the two chapters were accidentally published way earlier than I had set, possibly from a mistake from this chapter and the next chapter's schedulers, both chapters were still raw though.. What a pain! I just woke up twice for a deadly scare of my life FFS, oh well, I'll go cry in the corner. Such a mess up, though I think not many had read the two chapters yet but if they have then I am extremely sorry for such a mistake, as an apology, I will try to get the third chapter for today ready as quickly as possible.

Chapter 78 - Award Ceremony

 

“More importantly, you two get up already otherwise we will be late for the ceremony!” Iris said as she threw a few dresses towards us.

 

The dresses were both sleeveless dresses that were at knees length with one being rose pink color meanwhile the other being navy blue, together with the roses or blue flowers created an overall stunning dress.

 

"What ceremony are you talking about?" I asked while picking up the dress using both of my hands and inspecting it.

 

"The award ceremony, of course!" Iris replied as she placed both of her hands on her hips.

 

What did you say…? Award Ceremony…? Did I hear that right?1I also didn't hear that correctly as well.

 

"Why do I have to go there?" I asked while gently folding the dress before placing it right next to me.

 

Award Ceremonies are way too tiring, I don't want to go! Just deliver the reward here, speaking of which… This bed is quite fluffy, can I sleep here forever? Is that a yes, okay!

 

"You have to because you are the first non-Namiyan to be awarded in hundreds or maybe thousands of years!" Iris replied with an annoyed tone.

 

Aawww, Is that so, then what about you? Can't you just take my place? I just want to hug my fluffy Alisha all night with this comfy bed, now go there yourself! Stop staring at me and Alisha! Hmph...! I am sorry, that was a joke!

 

"Ahh–whatever! Just come otherwise… whatever!!!" Iris yelled as she slammed the door closed with a reddened face.

 

Huh, why is she mad? I don't think I did something to make her mad…? I should maybe apologize later.

 

I thought before a cheeky voice suddenly reverberated inside the room… "Mama, let's get going!"

 

Are you talking to me? Okay, I'll be there soon… are there any delicious dishes there? I am hungry here!

 

"Okay, I'll be there soon!" I shouted before glancing at Alisha who was still hugging me tightly with her eyes closed.

 

Ahh! I wish I could stay like this forever, it's a miracle being hugged by Alisha like this ever since that wolf came… wait a minute, did we just leave the wolf there?! Actually, where is Nahrin?! Ah–whatever, she will maybe pop out somewhere like always… I hope.

 

"Hey, Alisha, let's get ready otherwise Iris will be mad at us!" I softly whispered to her ear while gently stroking her hair.

 

"Five more minutes, please!" she said in a rough tone as her hug tightened even more.

 

Is that so, then okay! Not that five more minutes will annoy Iris, am I right…? Maybe not but still...

 

Unexpectedly or rather as expected, an hour swiftly passed by before we were finally able to get moving to the lobby wearing our "respective" dresses, with Alisha wearing the navy blue dress that I like meanwhile, I was wearing the rose-pink dress that she absolutely wanted, all of this was because of our difference in sizes… Yes, it is true that the two of us have different body sizes, and what pains me is the most is the fact that she has the superior body! No bullying, please! I wonder what is the secret to having more fats?

 

“You two took way too long!” Iris muttered as she stood up from the sofa she was sitting on while dressed in a floral white frilly dress with an iceberg rose on her chest. 

 

That iceberg rose looks magnificent, can I take it? It looks like icing on a cake, I want to eat it! Oh... I shouldn't be a glutton, had Alisha infected her gluttony to me as well?!

 

“Sorry, speaking of which, where are w–?” I was about to ask when suddenly a tiny figure with rainbow wings dressed in an exquisite pink dress that blended well with her tiny body and wings.

 

“Mama!” the fairy shouted as she swiftly orbited around Alisha and me with a smile before sitting down comfortably on my left shoulder.

 

You look stunning today, how much did that dress cost you… or rather how much did you take from my wallet?

 

"Not much, just 25 gold coins!" the fairy said as she happily rubbed her miniature head on my cheeks.

 

Not much you say… when one gold coin can feed a family for over a year if executed properly!

 

“Ah–I really missed Mama's cheeks! They are so warm and fluffy, can I sleep beside you every day, Mama?" the fairy asked while ignoring my question inside.

 

Are my cheeks really that warm and fluffy and why do you miss my cheeks more than me?! Isn't that rude you little pipsqueak?!

 

“Ehem! We are at the Hotel of Anamiya, which is the largest hotel in the city,” Iris coughed loudly as she spoke while sitting down on the sofa with a tired face.

 

Oh, so if we are at a hotel then the place where the ceremony is taking place must be nearby as well right?

 

“Kevin will just pick us up when it is time, speak of the Althea!” She said before a figure entered the hotel, the figure in question had short pointed ears with a luxurious tuxedo.

 

Isn't that the leader Namiyan? Oh, wait… his name was Kevin, now I remember.

 

“It seems like you three are ready” the leader Namiyan, Kevin said as he chuckled while holding onto a small wooden stick. 

 

Am I ready? Absolutely nope! I am ready to eat food though if that is what you are wondering about but about speeches and etc? Absolutely nope! I can't think of a person who is ready to do some kind of speech in front of hundreds.

 

“There is me!” a very bold statement entered my left ear as the tiny figure rose her hand up in the air while looking at me.

 

You are an exception because you have and will never have a heart! People who are heartless will never be embarrassed!

 

“That is rude, Mama!” the fairy retorted while pouting as the leader Namiyan chuckled.

 

“How about we head to the venue now since the clock is ticking fast?” Kevin suggested before we started walking towards several areas of the hotel only to end up in a magnificent golden door that had not a single impurity.

 

"Be careful of your steps!" the leader Namiyan warned before twisting the knob of the door clockwise before a loud creek came from the edges as the door slowly opened.

 

Immediately after the door was fully open, loud cheers rumbled around the room as we were led towards a table that was covered in red cloth filled with extravagance meat dishes.

 

Strange, there isn't a single vegetable meal here. I wonder if this is some kind of tradition here.

 

The room was what you would expect from a luxurious place with a leather floor that gave comfort to your feet as well as soundproof leather walls that seamlessly blended with the surroundings.

 

The room was illuminated by several enormous chandeliers all made out of mana crystals identical to the dining room on the mansion, with various massive air conditioners on each corner with a few more on the rooftop.

 

“This place is impressive,” Alisha muttered while looking at the place as we sat down on our respective chairs.

 

True, this location would most likely be a five to six-star hotel in my prior life. A hotel that would be out of my reach in my entire lifetime.

 

“It kind of feels weird having all eyes on us though,” I said after feeling the gazes of other people around us. The gazes were of random emotions, some had anger while some gave off gazes of admiration.

 

I wonder if this is what idols feel whenever they do concerts or something.

 

“Don’t think much about it,” Iris said before the lights suddenly turned off.

 

What just happened?! Is it an attack, impossible!

 

"Welcome everyone to the annual Namiya Award Ceremony! I thank you all for being here with us once again as we hand out special rewards to the ones that deserve it!" a voice echoed around the venue as loud cheers and claps followed with everyone's eyes glued onto a single figure on the stage.

 

The figure in question is the leader Namiyan who was wearing a tuxedo with a crystal wand on his hand. The wand looked similar to a high-quality microphone in my previous life while also looking like a magical wand from Fate/Leave.

 

“What is that crystal wand?” Alisha asked as her eyes glued onto the crystal object that the leader Namiyan held.

 

“It’s a Kena Fahirum, a voice amplifying device that could reach over 500 gold coins in price,” Iris answered as the leader Namiyan started a short welcome speech consisting of jokes and the likes.

 

Really, 500 gold coins for a single microphone? Isn't that really expensive, I mean 500 gold coins could feed over 500 families for a month or a single family for 500 years!

 

I thought before the leader Namiyan finished his short welcome speech and moved onto the history of the Namiyans and the events that had happened during those times, which were completely unnecessary for the Namiyans but to me, it was valuable information.

 

The history of the Namiyans actually wrapped around the founder of the Alverosts, Namiyans back then were simply trees with intelligence, they couldn’t move and etc but they were conscious that was until the founder of the Alverosts heard a voice during one of her expeditions, the voice was from a Namiyan who was screaming in agony after living for hundreds of years in loneliness.

 

The founder was first confused as to where the voice came from before tracing back the origin which was a single tree… the founder then asked a few questions there before telling the Namiyan to wait for her as she researches a way for them to live like a human which brings us to right now.

 

That happened tens of years before the Alverost family was born, back then it was just two girls running around the world… The founders of the Alverosts are really interesting people.

 

I thought before the leader Namiyan excitedly announced, “Well then with that out of the way, let’s not waste time and start giving out the awards, shall we?” before loud cheers reverberated around the room.

38