Chapter 88 – The Poor Baker?
645 18 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

Althea, Chapter 88 - The Poor Baker?

 

"Where should we head first?" I asked while showing the map to the two of them.

 

"Hmm… let me see," Alisha said as she came to my side before looking at the map, with her neck covering my entire eyes

 

“Where do you want to go first, Aisha?” Alisha asked while picking Aisha up from the ground before the two of them stared at the map.

 

“Hmm… Aisha wants to eat!” she said as she pointed at one of the restaurants that were circled in red. 

 

The restaurant in question, or rather the bakery in question is the Kitten Bakery that Iris’s uncle suggested; it has a very intriguing name, that makes you think of it as a bakery where you can play with kittens. I wonder if they really have kittens there, I will file a lawsuit if they don't!

 

“That’s fine with me, but how are you still hungry?” I asked as we started walking towards the bakery which was a decent distance from here.

 

“I am just hungry,” she said while cuddling up to Alisha.

 

“I am hungry, as well,” Alisha said as she patted Aisha’s back as she carried her.

 

“You two are always hungry…” I sighed as the two of them smiled at me.

 

Aaah, is this what they call “Like Mother, Like Daughter?”... because it seems like it for me, or are they just coincidentally gluttons… Aaaa, whatever! I thought as we kept walking until we arrived at a wooden restaurant that had a drawing of a kitten as its sign.

 

The restaurant was entirely made of wood, it wasn’t painted at all and had a few claw marks which could possibly be from the kitties. The windows weren’t made out of glass like the other buildings that surround it, instead, they use wood. The traditional wooden windows that had no transparency whatsoever.

 

While we were contemplating whether to enter or not, a loud scream came from the building as tiny kittens of different colors ran out from the wooden window beside us before a loud bang echoed from the inside.

 

“What’s this trashy bread? Pfft, you think selling bread here can help you pay the debt your father got?” a male voice could be heard from the window as the loud sound of tables being smashed came from the inside.

 

Are we going to do this thing again?! Come on, give me a break… we just want to eat some bread, why are there thugs here anyways?! I thought as I glanced at Alisha who nodded before placing Aisha down as she took out her beloved spear which shone brightly.

 

“Let’s head in?” Alisha asked as I placed my hand on my pouch while nodding before Alisha pushed open the door and ran towards eight different thug-looking males who had eyepatches on their eyes.

 

“Haa–attack her!” the man in the center said as the others quickly took notice of us and ran towards us with large machetes.

 

“As if, I will let you!” I said as I took out my scythe from the magic pouch and threw it towards four of the men before a blue fog covered the scythe as it sliced through the air before striking the four men in their abdomen as Alisha quickly finished off the other four by thrusting at them before slicing off all of the hands and swiftly moving towards their back and kicking them hard.

 

“Aaaaahhh!” one of the men who Alisha had kicked, screamed in pain as he fell to the ground along with his companions.

 

“Mama, look out!” a voice suddenly shouted as I reflexively dodged to my side before launching a knee as the space where I was previously standing suddenly blurred before revealing a man in a black coat holding a dagger that was coated in purple liquid.

 

Sensing danger, I immediately backed off from my spot before instinctively launching kicks and fists before another four loud screams echoed around the building as another four men wearing black coats fell to the ground.

 

What was that?! Assassins, why are there assassins here?! Who are they after… what is happening here…? I thought as Alisha ran up to me with her spear on her hand before swinging it downwards as all of their hands and feet were sliced, with loud screams of agony echoing around the building.

 

“Who are you guys?” I asked while flipping one of the coated men before a familiar emblem that was embedded on their cheeks, entered my sight.

 

“The Ateroria Assassins?!” I muttered as Alisha nodded.

 

The Ateroria Assassins, a family of assassins coming from the neighboring country, Laticia Kingdom. According to the books on the academy, the Ateroria Assassin family is a viscount family that is shrouded with mysteries. It was said that this specific family was extremely proficient in assassinating and were the number one go-to family for the royal families there but that is all rumors.

 

But what I don’t understand is… why are they here? They shouldn’t have any reason to attack us, after all, a treaty was formed hundreds of years ago that should make both, the Alverost Kingdom and the Laticia Kingdom, allies.

 

“Uhh… thanks for saving me,” a girl in a pink apron with reddened eyes said as she approached us while trembling.

 

“It’s not much of a problem, why were you being attacked by them?” I asked while storing my scythe back and taking out a small dagger instead.

 

“It...it’s a long story,” the girl said as a tiny figure that was similar to her in size came from her back.

 

“Soft!” The figure was naturally Aisha who was poking the girl’s hands with curious eyes.

 

“Aaah!” the girl screamed as she ran forward like a broken remote control car before smacking her head on a wall and falling down on the floor.

 

“Aisha, behave!” I said as she nodded before walking towards the girl who was scratching her head and patting her head.

 

“I am sorry!” Aisha said as the girl shook her head.

 

“Anyways, do you mind telling us the story?” I asked as she nodded before leading us to a slightly broken seat as the door suddenly opened with a male figure holding a sword entering.


 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

42