Chapter 89 – Princess Helena
924 46 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Althea, Chapter 89 - Princess Helena

 

"Uncle?!" I mumbled as the male figure glanced at us before sighing in relief.

 

"Thank god, you two were coincidentally here…" Iris's uncle said as he placed his sword back into his scabbard while approaching us with a relieved face.

 

"Why?" I asked as he sat down beside the girl before patting her hair.

 

"It's nothing much, you just saved me from death right there," Iris's uncle said as Alisha and I tilted our heads while unconsciously combing Aisha's hair.

 

"Do you two know each other?" Alisha asked curiously as the two nodded before the girl glanced at Iris's uncle who soon nodded.

 

"Let me introduce myself, I am Princess Helena from the Laticia Kingdom," the girl said as she snapped her fingers before the previously dirty girl turned into a beautiful blonde with lapis lazuli eyes that gave off a mature and royal aura.

 

Eeeeh… wait what?! Let me get this straight… we just saved a princess?! Okay… This must be fake right? There is no way, a princess would go around and play as a baker, that is just impossible!

 

"I know what you are thinking, why would a Princess who is supposed to be a very important figure, be here as a baker, well… It's complicated, let me explain the story from the start," Iris's uncle said as he soon started detailing each and every part of how the Princess got here, the story lasted for some time and only ended when Aisha started complaining.

 

Well, the story is just basically a battle of the throne between Princess since the Laticia Kingdom is a monarchy with the Queen having the most power.

 

And since it is a battle of the throne, naturally, the crown princess is the one who is in the most danger from assassinations and etc.

 

Now, you could guess why the Princess is staying over here, it's because she was supposed to be the crown princess but had grown tired of the battle for the throne and decided to secretly leave the kingdom.

 

Well, her escape didn't really go well, because her rivals caught a gist of her plan and decided to cut her off immediately by using their assassins.

 

And yes, she was ambushed by six different assassins three years ago, and guess what happened… the Prince saves the day!

 

Coincidentally that day, Iris's uncle was on a short vacation in the Laticia Kingdom when he suddenly saw the six assassins attacking the Princess, and bam bam boom, he attacked the assassins and killed them while saving the Princess who soon fell in love with him.

 

And then, boom bam bam happened before Iris's cousin was born, Calvin. What a story right, such a trash story that you wouldn't even believe existed if it wasn't told by the two of them.

 

Well, even after three years, the assassins who came to the Princess hadn't declined whatsoever.

 

"Well, that story really seems like something out of a story but I'll take your word for it," I said while sighing as I handfed Aisha with a cookie that I brought with me.

 

"Well, do you two have any plans to counter the assassins?" I asked while glancing at Iris's uncle.

 

"This bakery was one of our plans at the start, by disguising her, we thought that they wouldn't be able to find her again but it seems like we were wrong, therefore the only plan we have left is to ask Grandma's help, and if that won't work then all we have left would be to engage in a full-frontal attack against them," Iris's uncle, Kanna said as he hugged Helena.

 

It seems like we are going to burden Celeste more than ever huh, well, it's not like Iris's parents are less influential than Celeste who is the Queen right now, it's simply because Celeste has the Great Sage title that makes most of her enemies tremble in fear.

 

The Great Sage title can influence even the alliance of the continent, that is because of how powerful these people are though they are still far weaker than the Ancestral Powers apparently.

 

"How would you even survive against the Laticia Kingdom?" Alisha inquired as Kanna took out a tiny cube that looked similar to the cube we had found three years ago, and placed it on the table.

 

"What is that?" I asked while inspecting the cube from its sides.

 

"Helista, it's a replica of the cube you two had found three years ago and its main function is creating a being that could annihilate a tiny kingdom when needed, well it has the potential to but we limited it to half of its powers instead," Iris's uncle, Kanna said as he grabbed the cube and placed it back on his magic pouch.

 

"Wait, did you just say that the cube could generate a being that has the potential to annihilate a tiny kingdom?! That is far weaker than the one we fought three years ago, and you say that is a replica?!" I said in surprise.

 

"What we fought three years ago was simply it's weakened form, if it had successfully devoured little Alisha then the whole continent would be doom until the Ancestral Powers interfere, that is how strong that cube was after all, it came from the golden age of Magic," Iris's uncle, Kanna said as Alisha and I stared at each other in disbelief.

 

Woah, so we technically almost doomed the whole continent at that moment… scary, I can't imagine fighting something that could destroy an entire continent. Those oldies back in the golden era are creepy, I wonder what they use those demons for… I thought as a loud growl echoed around the place.

 

"Mama, Aisha is hungry!" Aisha said as she poked my cheeks plenty of times.

 

"Uhhh… now that is a problem!" I said as a soft giggle can be heard beside Iris's uncle.

 

"Don't worry, I'll prepare some food for her. I wish my son, Calvin would also tell me whenever he is hungry," Helena said as she giggled.

 

"Well then, we'll be back here with food in a few moments. Do you mind staying here?" She asked as the three of us nodded before she and her husband, Kanna stood up and smiled at us before walking to the back of the counter.

37