Chapter 79 – Ring of Forever
767 17 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Althea, Chapter 79 - The Ring of Forever

 

“For our first awardee, let us welcome the twins who bravely fought against the demonized Namiyan! Please come up to stage the following, Althea and Alisha!” the leader Namiyan shouted with excitement as loud cheers reverberated all over the room as all eyes were gathered towards us.

 

Do we have to go? Please, my heart is beating way too fast! I might get a heart attack from this! Can I not go?!

 

“Let’s go?” Alisha asked as she held my hand with a smile before standing up from her seat and started dragging the unwilling me to the stage.

 

How do you have a strong heart? Can I learn the process, I need to know! I am the shyest person around here, not just here but around the world! Let go of me!

 

“Stop struggling, you are embarrassing the two of us!” Alisha whispered as she maintained her smile.

 

Fine, I gave up! You have to do the speeches and etc okay! Don’t blame me if I stumble like a potato!

 

“Here they are, our two little heroes from the New Alverosts Kingdom! Please give them a round of applause!” the leader Namiyan shouted as we walked up to the stage with loud cheers from the people below with plenty of admiring gazes.

 

Uhh, can I get out now?! My stage fright is activating! I want to run! Run Althea! Run like that blue squirrel in the movies!

 

“May I ask you two to give a heartwarming speech to start off the day?” the leader Namiyan asked in a soft and quiet voice as Alisha nodded before she took the microphone from the leader Namiyan’s hand as she dragged me to the front of the stage while tightening her hand.

 

“I would like to first welcome everyone here to the award ceremony, I hope all of you have a wonderful time here. I know for sure some are having a wonderful time as they are already eating up the exceptional dishes that the hotel prepared,” Alisha said in a warm tone as laughter filled the entire room before Alisha coughed twice as she placed the microphone near her.

 

“Well then, I’ll just give out a short message to all of the people here, especially the ones who had lost their loved ones in the battle,” she said in a serious tone before taking a deep and long breath as she opened her mouth once more.

 

“To the ones who had lost their loved ones especially the children here, I am extremely sorry for allowing such a thing to happen! I know how hard it is to lose the ones you loved, the ones you trusted the most as I, myself is a child who was abandoned by my family during my early days. We are extremely sorry for letting the young ones experience the loss of their fathers, mothers or even both. I would also like to clarify something, Althea and I are not heroes and shall never be one. We should give the title of heroes to the ones who actually risked their lives, who fought against the impossible, unlike us who had waited at a safe place and coming out near the end. We do not deserve such a title, and won’t deserve one. That’s all I have to say,” Alisha spoke in a soft but truthful voice with her small drops of water on the edges of her eyes as everyone fell silent before one stood up and spoke.

 

“Do not undermine yourself, young girl! Had you two not killed the demon, Namiya knows how much of us will not be here today,” a female Namiyan carrying a child on her shoulders said as the others soon followed before Alisha finally gave up and fell to her knees as tears dripped from her eyes.

 

“Thank you all.” she said as she rubbed her teary eyes and stood up with a smile as the Namiyans stood up and clapped loudly before the leader Namiyan came up to us with a smile.

 

“Thank you for such a speech, Alisha. How about we present the reward we have for the twins now?” the leader Namiyan said as the audience sat back at their seats and nodded before a short female Namiyan came up to the stage with two leather boxes coated in white.

 

“Now, for the twin’s contribution in the defensive battle. We present them a very special pair of rings originating from the Ancestors of the Alverosts, a ring that connected the two of them. The ring of Forever!” the leader Namiyan shouted excitedly as the female Namiyan presented to us the two leather boxes which opened by themselves.

 

Inside the leather boxes were two crystallized rings with a heart-shaped red jewel embedded on the top that gave off a special feeling, on the sides of the rings were a few words engraved on it. The words were written in English making it difficult for others to understand, “in sickness and in health, may the two of us be together.” is written on the sides.

 

Is this an engagement ring or a wedding ring? If so then why was it given to the Namiyans when this ring is clearly from the founders… that is strange.

 

“Now then, will you two wear it for all of us to see?” the leader Namiyan asked as the audience urged us to wear it before Alisha glanced at me.

 

“Can you place it for me?” she asked with a smile as I hesitated for a moment before nodding as we took each other’s rings and placed them on each other’s fingers before loud cheers covered the venue.

 

Immediately after both of the rings were worn, two tiny red strings suddenly tied both of our fingers only to disappear all of the sudden.

 

What was that?! I thought as I glanced at the audience who seemed to not notice the red strings.

 

“Thank you for coming up on stage with us, Althea and Alisha! Let us move to our next few awardees shall we?” the leader Namiyan asked as the others nodded before Alisha grabbed my right hand and dragged me off the stage towards our seats with a very happy smile.

 

Soon after we sat back on our seats, Iris was called but she had requested earlier that her reward shall be kept a secret therefore she only had to give out a tiny speech before coming back to the table and eating with us.

 

After Iris were a few Namiyans who had honorably fought in the battle, with some also being awarded for awards that were unrelated to the battle since this was also an annual award ceremony.

 

Next to the few Namiyans were the families of the ones who had lost their loved ones, the families were given an honorable title called “Akape” which means “A hero that shall never be forgotten” in their language. Akape is more like a viscount title on the New Alverost Kingdom according to Iris which should be a fairly high honor.

 

After all of the families were awarded, a very honorable mention was given out to a tiny figure. The figure had no name but had rainbow wings while wearing a beautiful pink dress, you guessed it right! It was the fairy.

 

“This fellow has a very special request for someone,” the leader Namiyan said as everyone stared at the little fairy who was dancing around on the stage with a happy face before taking up the microphone.

 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? The fairy clearly has some bad motives against me for some reason! Should I run? I should but what about all these lovely meat dishes?! WHAAATTT SHOULDDDD I DOOO?!

 

“Mama, can you hear me?” the fairy shouted in a loud voice as she glanced at me before a Namiyan shouted.

 

“We can hear you loud and clearly, you don’t have to shout!” the Namiyan said as he sat back down on his seat while rubbing his ears.

 

“Sorry!” the fairy apologized as her face drooped.

 

Aww, don’t cry! Come hug, Mama! I will accept any of your requests as long as you don’t cry! Come here, you adorable creature!1You will regret this soon, Althea. Don't worry!

 

"Is that true, Mama?! Then give me a name on the spot!" Hearing my thoughts, the fairy immediately flew towards me at sonic speed as her eyes shone brightly.

 

A name is what you want? I can come up with a cute one right now!

 

"Yes, a name like Mama! A very cute name that doesn't lose out to Mama!" the fairy said as she nodded happily while anticipating my answer.

 

"How about, Aisha? Is that fine with you?" I asked as she flapped her wings happily before throwing the microphone back towards the leader Namiyan as she immediately flew towards me.

 

"Yes, thank you, Mama! From now on, I will be Aisha!" she said before a blinding light encompassed the whole venue as something heavy fell on my lap.

 

Immediately after the light dimmed out, a pink-haired girl with pink eyes was hugging me tightly.

 

"Mama, is Aisha cute?" the girl asked as she cuddled up to me.

 

Who? Wait, did you just say, Aisha?! What in the world happened?! I thought before suddenly, my whole world started spinning around before my vision slowly turned dark.

 

"MAMA!" a soft voice shouted in panic as a very loud bang entered my ears before all of my senses turned off at the same time.2Althea had died at this moment, from the cuteness of her daughter?

What title, Koko? For anyone who had read this author note when it was published at the wrong time, I am sorry for the confusion there. I decided to continue the Althea Series until the 100th chapter or maybe longer, I went on a short hiatus to prepare as much chapter as I could, that was supposed to be enough until the end of August since August 24 is the start of my class, but it seems like I messed up. Oh well, no one knows what will happen in the future, to me the Althea series is the most important series in my few months of writing and probably in the future as it is the series that really got me to writing, not my other novels, the series that taught me several lessons and made understand important things about writing. This series will forever live in my heart, thank you all for the continuous support on Althea. I would like to give a shoutout to fireswordy as well, for donating 20$ on Ko-fi a few weeks ago, I planned on giving him a shoutout till the end of the series. Do check out his series, Purgatory Harem or Four-arm Snake though sadly, I can't read Purgatory Harem because I am still underage. Anyways, I would just like to say, thank you for all of your continuous support in this series. I would never expect ever in my 15 years of existence, to have a fair amount of people reading my stuff, I am extremely happy and hope to continue writing till the indefinite time. I love you all, from the depths of my heart. - K.Crunch 22, 2004.

43