Chapter 97 – Aisha vs Wolves
1k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Althea, Chapter 97 - Aisha vs Wolves.

 

Soon after learning about the level system being enabled, I went all over the place throwing rocks at trees or branches of the trees and collected the branches before searching for a place to stay for the night, there were several locations that I could stay but each of them had one or two major flaws such as the air being too cold, the soil being too uncomfortable to sleep even with a leaf, or simply the soil being too moist to set up a campfire.

 

With my strength points right now, I could probably climb over a tree but that extremely exhaust me as the trees in this place are extremely tall and the materials they are made off are extremely painful to touch, they were more like those plants Mama told me that can only be found in hot and sandy place—I think they were called cactus or cactace—ah... whatever!

 

“Hmm… where should I head first?” I mumbled as I walked around the forest with no end while wearing boots that were made out of leaves which was extremely uncomfortable to use. Those two oldies really didn’t want me to enjoy this place as they had removed my boots before transporting me here—so rude! Aisha wants to complain a lot!

As I was walking around the place, a metallic object that is half rusted suddenly entered my sight—the metallic object was a half rusted sword, with its edges still sharp. The sword was extremely old as it had the weapon design of the ancient times, next to the sword was a skeleton in full armor, the armor was completely rusted and was useless. 

 

“This weapon—it should work,” I muttered as I took the sword from the skeleton’s hand before swinging it around as the sounds of sharp sword slashes entered my ears; the weight of the sword was extremely light as well, it was as if it didn’t come from the ancient times where weapons were heavier, according to the fairy tales Mama told me before sleeping.

 

“I wonder if it can cut one of these branches,” I muttered as I grabbed one of the branches that I was carrying around before throwing it mid-air before waiting for it to reach an altitude that I could reach, the fall of the wooden branch was extremely quick to the extent that my eyes only have close to absolute zero seconds of seeing it but that was enough as, by the time the wooden branch reached the perfect altitude, my body immediately reacted and placed much force onto the sword as I swung it horizontally, slicing the wooden branch into halves perfectly as it fell down to the ground.

 

“This weapon is extremely perfect to use!” I shouted in surprise as I looked at the supposed knight who had turned into a skeleton and bowed down to it.

 

“Thank you for helping me!” I said while bowing down with both of my arms clasped as if praying to the skeleton before suddenly, the sounds of leaves rustling entered my ears as alarms rang inside my mind. Knowing what those sounds meant, I dashed out from the place as fast as I could.

“The wolves are back…” I mumbled in my breath as I tried running as far as I can without looking back. From, left to right, I ran without any care of which direction I was going, all in order to avoid the wolves.

 

“I could probably fight those wolves right?” I muttered as I hid behind a tree to regain stamina once again. From the looks of it, the wolves don’t really look strong rather the aura or feel around them is what scares me. Aura is a hidden part of the world in which every being can feel, but can’t see, humans tend to have a neutral aura around them while birds tend to have a peaceful one but these wolves were different, the aura surrounding them was extremely scary. If I had to compare their auras to another creature, it would be that wolf that Mama tamed—I think she was called Nahrin?

 

As I was deep in thought, a loud roar echoed around in the forest as my heart started beating quickly once again. The roar was not from one creature but from four creatures, it sounded like the roar of a wolf, according to the fairy tales that Mama read to me every night, wolves only howl when they assemble each other, or identify a threat—does that mean that the wolves have caught sight of me already?!

 

With my heart beating extremely fast, I slightly poked my right eye behind the tree I was hiding before seeing the exact same wolves that disturbed my sleep a few hours ago, the four of them were walking towards my direction with an angry face. Their faces were exactly that of when one finds some kind of food to eat.

 

“Should I run for it?” I asked myself as I peeked out of the tree once again before seeing the wolves getting closer and closer every second, they weren’t running but rather they were simply walking at their own pace.

 

“Fine, I’ll run…” I said as I ran out from the tree once again but this time at my fastest speed, which was extremely exhausting to my body.

 

“Awoooo!” the sound of the four wolves howling entered my ears as their footsteps intensified, by now, I know for sure that the wolves had found me and are now chasing after me.

 

“It seems like a fight is inevitable,” I mumbled as I gripped the handle of my sword tightly as I continued running before hiding behind a tree once again as I waited for the wolves to catch up to me. 

 

“I will defeat you and get out of here in one piece,” I muttered as I prepared my heart for the inevitable battle that will happen in a few seconds.

31