Starting off as a Goblin
805 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Edward Tucker Washington, you are found guilty for the murders of countless people..." said the judge

Edward looked around his cage, he thought where this all started, during high-school he was in class, when a student took out a gun. When the student took out the gun Edward quickly stabbed the student in the eye with a pen, his first murder. his second murder was in a spar with his Martial Arts teacher, a punch of his broke a rib piercing the heart, killing him moments latter. the third murder was a Russian non-combatant during the start of WWIII. Seeing so many people die during the whole war, he couldn't sleep without thinking about it, and once day, he woke up with one of his friend's dead body beside himself after a party. During the night, his Friend committed suicide, OD-ed on Pain killers, the friend suffered PTSD from the war.

"Do you have any last words?" said a African Woman in her 30s, she looked at him in disgust.

"Hahaha, I think I'm bad luck, during my life i was in the worst battles of the war, killed Civilians my mistake, that is what broke me, why not kill more I thought, I know I'm a evil man. I has no reason to kill, I just did... so my final words? Do what your born to do, and I was born to be a Monster." said Edward in calm but tired voice

on that day, the worst Serial Killer in the history of mankind, died at the age of 68.


"Where am I?" said a White Blob as it wiggled about.

"Edward T. Washington, you have died but your powerful soul allows your mind to continue. We wish to revive you as a Monster to fix the Power Balance and Stagnation of the world Tarus, you will be given 'Cheat' powers based on how much EXP you earned on Earth" said a dull, lifeless voice coming from nowhere but everywhere around the room

"You want me to become a Monster to fix a world? What if I say no?" said Edward in a weary, but excited voice.

"Your Soul will be scraped and we will find another Person to fill in your place, but your Affinity with Monsters is the highest recorded since the creation of this system to prevent Stagnation" said the Voice, now sounding slightly Feminine hearing it again.

"Ok, I'll become the Monster you need, but about EXP, how much do I have?" Said Edward in a slightly giddy voice.

As Edward said that a See Through Board appeared before him, on it was a number, which kept rising till it stopped at 51, once it stopped rising a sound of a bell ringing was heard. As soon as the Bell ringed a massive wall of text appeared, with different 'Cheats' on it. But before he could do anything, more text appeared before him.

[Achievement of the highest grade: You have gone pass Level 50 in a Mana-less world! Status upgraded!]

[Achievement of the highest grade: You have killed over 500 people in a Mana-less world! Death-Seer Ability is Granted!]

[Achievement of the high grade: You have mastered unarmed combat in a Mana-less world! Muscle Strengthening is Granted!]

[Achievement of the medium grade: You have become the most hated man on planet Earth! Fearful Aura is Granted!]

[Achievement of the medium grade: You have memorized the anatomy of the Human body! Find Weakness is Granted!]

[Achievement of the low grade: You have laughed right before you died! Calm Mind is Granted!]

[Achievement of the lowest grade: You have provoked your killer before your death! Provoke is Granted!]

Edward was shocked at the wall of text before him, he had gotten Achievements, he somehow knew that Achievements where rare, not to mention Highest Grade. Shocked he looked at the 'Cheats' on the Status board he could get, he saw the prices and knew what he wanted, High Grade Mixology, Medium Grade Index, and finally Medium Grade Job Changer. Mixology would let him create potions to heal, and even potions that could permanently increase his stats, Index would let him look up things he knows, and once knew for free, and pay Mana for what he didn't know, though depending on what he wanted to know he would have to pay more mana. And finally Job Changer, if Tarus you can get a job depending on your actions, but you need a priest to change the job for you, if you get a banned job they won't change it, and as a Monster no priest would change his job for him.


Edward, after choosing his 'Cheats' felt as if his body was being crushed and rebuilt over and over again. When he looked around he was in a small cave, he knew what he was when he looked at the monsters around him, he was a Goblin. Edward felt sleepy and fell asleep moments later. Waking up half a day later Edward's body was growing fast, using Index, he found out that a Goblin's body development is  fast, and there life span is 20 years at most, he also found out that depending of how they act till there body if fully grown, there growth can be effected greatly. Using his knowledge of anatomy, and Find Weakness, he found out that a adult Goblin's Anatomy is almost the same a adult human, using Index to compare the two, came to 99.7% similarity. Using Index once again, he found the best training method he could do without any tools.When Edward wasn't training he was mediating, and when he was hungry, he stole from the other Goblins without getting caught.

"Status" Edward said after almost two months in the cave, his body had reached adulthood after a month and a half. The other goblins avoided him because he didn't hunt, after the second week he was attacked by some older goblins but he beat them up, not killing them yet as he thought gain EXP would ruin his training, after that incident the goblins gave him offerings so he no longer stole food.

[Level: 1 | Name: Edward | Race: Goblin | Job:                                           ]

[Titles:                                                                                                                   ]

[STR: 34 | DEX: 27 | CON: 30 | INT: 26 | WIS: 25 | CHR: 23 | LCK: 30]

[Skills: Death-Seer I, Provoke I, Fearful Aura I, Find Weakness II, Muscle Strengthening II, Calm Mind III, Anatomy IV, Meditation VI, Unarmed X, Mixology XI, Index XI, Job Changer XI]

As Edward looked at his Status, he noticed his stats where high, the average stat number for a Adult Goblin was 9 at Level 1, he though that Index was underplaying how important training was on a child Goblin. he also saw his skills, he knew 10 was the highest a skill could go, he checked with Index, but the Cheat Skills he got where all 11, he also noticed that the skills where ordered least to highest. Now that he was done training he now need EXP, which there was a whole Goblin Tribe worth of EXP in front of him.


Hello this is my First Work, I've never written before, and this was just a Tester, depending on how this is received i might do more or may just leave this as it is!

Cheers Clayfish

11