3-0 The second invasion of the Darkness
149 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moving in haste they finally reached a location showing large wooden gates that are too tall.

They disembarked the carriage, Seven leading she climbed up the walls with Klein.

After reaching up and seeing some hobgoblins as guards, Seven took her steel knife and quickly impaled it’s sharp edge on the hobgoblin’s neck while silencing him.

Klein then use the opportunity of the silence and sniped the other hobgoblins guarding their stations, the arrows impaling their necks quickly without them knowing who did it.

When the perimeter was secure they opened the gates a little bit for the others to enter, silently they moved through the walls trying to gather information on the place.

Nearing the place which seems to be full of goblins moving all around, they’ve seen that the goblins were creating weapons and armors.

Giving it to the hobgoblins when it’s done, after the hobgoblins were fully equipped they were rallying in formation like a proper army.

Leading them seems to be a black humanoid that they were looking for, they also spotted a lot of black humanoid with claws on the other side of the army.

“Adell it seems like they are preparing for a war.”(Richard)

“Or an invasion.”(A-Seven)

Seven quickly directed them to follow her and they all entered the building full of smith creating materials, seeing a big container that can hold extreme hot liquid for smelting.

“We can use that as a way of easily stopping their advance for now.”(A-Seven)

“Adell you sure about this?”(Oswald)

“Yeah after we manage to do that let’s ride the carriage and lead them to a wide open plains.”(A-Seven)

“I got it, alright let’s do this!”(Richard)

Seven used her Telekinesis and Richard aided her too in lifting the giant furnace, forcing it down the sound of it shocked everyone near that had now started flooding the whole place with extremely hot liquid.

It started burning the goblin army down and kept on chasing the remaining ones that still hadn’t moved out of its way.

After that everyone made a run for it going back to the carriage, the goblins and their leader noticed them that made all of the goblins bewildered in chasing them.

“Guys is it just me or those dark humanoid monsters are chasing us?”(Klein)

“No your right about that,Force Barrier! In case they come charging straight at us.”(A-Seven)

Seven created an extremely strong barrier around them while running, the monsters only managed to get themselves on scratching the barrier.

Almost near the wall outside to reach their carriage, everyone jumped at once instead and told the coachman to move faster to an empty wide plain.

Chasing behind them were hobgoblins riding big wolves. Seven, Richard, and Klein started suppressing them to halt their advances near the carriage.

Seven casted a Giant flame wall which stopped all of them from moving a bit, a goblin shaman group casted ice spells and water spells to extinguish the flame wall.

Creating an opening in the flame wall the goblin riders started going through it, Klein waited for that chance to snipe the wolves head to stop them from chasing.

Richard also used Chain lightning to deal with the multiple goblin riders near them.

“If this goes on we can’t hold them off in just a wide plain! Coachman remember the long bridge we gone through!?”(A-Seven)

“Y-Yes!”(Coachman)

“Make your way there we will be holding the off at that place.”(A-Seven)

“Wouldn’t it make it much more harder for us!?”(Richard)

“Not if I cast Centurion hold, we will be holding them off by the fort that i will create.”(A-Seven)

“Roger! Lightning!”(Richard)

Engaging the goblin riders on a high speed pursuit against them, Richard and Seven kept casting their spells to prevent their enemies from getting closer to them any further.

Meanwhile in Stormhelm City

Charles was cradling Laura in his arms playing with the little girl, Chloe enters their room to check on what Charles and the baby is doing.

“Charles How is baby Laura doing?”(Chloe)

“She’s having fun right now playing with my face. She even slapped my face earlier.”(Charles)

“I’m glad that you two are getting along pretty well then.”(Chloe)

“Really? She’s having fun slapping my face though don’t know if she would grow up like that.”(Charles)

“Haha, all babies are like that when they’re still young don’t worry about it.”(Chloe)

“I hope so, oh yeah where’s Grim and Khask?”(Charles)

“They’re both having a meal downstairs, it’s already nighttime you know.”(Chloe)

“Didn’t notice the time, i wish teacher is also happy at this time of night. I’m sure she misses Laura already she’s gotten fond over her.”(Charles)

Suddenly a loud clang! Can be heard throughout the whole city.

“Emergency!? Charles stay right here, i’m gonna check what’s all this about!”(Chloe)

Chloe ran out of the room with haste, hitting shoulders with the other guild staff on going out to confirm the situation.

She spotted Boris outside already wearing his whole equipment ready for battle.

“Guild master! What’s happening!?”(Chloe)

“It seems those monsters are finally here. Count Bion is organizing the whole army already to protect the whole city.”(Boris)

“Can we even defend against them!? How about the civilians !?”(Chloe)

“All civilians are ordered to hide on their basement. The other are hiding on the church where a lot of knights are also stationed.”(Boris)

“Then i will get baby Laura with me there. Guild master can you escort us!?”(Boris)

“I can’t but i can entrust some men with you. The beastmen brothers are also guarding the baby they’re probably at the lounge.”(Boris)

“Thank you guild master! Good hunting!”(Chloe)

Chloe moves back inside, spotting the Lion brothers she told them to wait for her and Charles.

She quickly gone back to the room where Charles is at, telling him that they should now head to the church. After giving Laura to Chloe and taking his sword justifier with him they moved downstairs, Grim and Khask were already prepared waiting for them to move out at once.

Going out the adventurer’s guild all the people are preparing for battle while the others are hiding already. Going through the crowds, they make their way to the church to where Chloe will be hiding with Laura and Charles.

The giant bell kept on producing thong! Sounds at once symbolizing that the enemies are preparing to attack already. Making haste due to the warning given they finally reached the church. The church was big and surrounded by a lot of knights with archers stationed by the houses.

Letting them enter Chloe requested to hide at the basement with Laura to the pope, answering her plea he lead them to the basement to hide. Upon entering other noble families that can’t fight are also hiding there.

“Why is there a peasant here!? Pope get them out at once!”(Arrogant noble)

“I’m afraid to say that i can’t follow your orders because this time your all under my jurisdiction. Also this baby right here is the daughter of Adell, i’m sure you know who owns that name right?”(Pope)

“F-Fine! Just get them away from me! I don’t want to smell like those peasants!”(Arrogant noble)

Charles was clenching his hand and almost unsheathed his sword but couldn’t continue it because of the pope stopping his hand from doing it.

“Young one don’t mind what he said, also who will be staying in here?”(Pope)

“Only Chloe and Laura, i would like to stay near the entrance of the church in case the enemies manage to come inside.”(Charles)

“Hey! Adell said that i should also look over you so your also staying here!”(Chloe)

“I can’t do that Chloe after all i’m also my master’s disciple. What else should a disciple do? like his strong master i too shall wield my sword to protect the people.”(Charles)

Chloe seen the boy’s resolve shining through his eyes and that his mettle is strong. Looking back to the Lion brothers she nodded at them when they signaled that they would be going with Charles.

“Fine but promise you keep yourself away from harm! I don’t know what to say to Adell if you died.”(Chloe)

“I will don’t worry i’m sure all of us will return back safely.”(Charles)

Charles left the basement with Grim and Khask while the Pope stayed behind in the basement too.

“So what should we do?”(Khask)

“We will be just staying here and guard the entrance to the basement. Do you have weapons to use against our enemies?”(Charles)

“Yeah, Master Adell bought me this metal gauntlets and this armor too.”(Grim)

“Mine is a sickle with a chain, i’m good at using this weapon so i can handle our enemies.. maybe?”(Khask)

“Well let’s hope we can hold them off. [I also need to try to contact teacher.]”(Charles)

Hearing the bell sound one more time signifies the start of the battle.

At the walls and gates of Stormhelm City

Count Bion is with his men, while Boris is with the other adventurer’s moving up with the mages and archers to the walls.

The guards are preparing containers of oil near the walls in case the monsters start climbing up instead. Count Bion gone up to the walls to check the situation with Boris.

“What’s happening right now Boris?”(Count Bion)

“They’re forming their ranks from what i can see. This seems to be the same army that attacked Cramen city then.”(Boris)

“Then we should thin their numbers when they charge at our walls. Close the gates now! Everyone form up get ready for them!”(Count Bion)

All the knights and guards formed formation behind the gate, while the mages and archers stationed on top of the walls preparing for the attack.

The other adventurer’s were ordered to guard the other gates. There are only 2 gates in Stormhelm city, north gate is the one they are defending right now and where the enemies main force can be located.

South Gate is also closed but has less numbers of guards and knights. That’s why Boris gave them an order to help the South gate since their enemy’s leader is quite smart for a monster. After everyone finally moved out Boris gave the order to all the mages to start casting spells. Waiting for the enemies to move, the archers have also prepared their bows.

“Olivia! Cast your Big Bang spell! I will give you some mana when your done casting it.”(Boris)

“Alright you monsters! Time to disappear to ashes!”(Olivia)

Wearing a seductive dress with a slit on the left leg, brimming red hair with yellow eyes, and wielding a beautiful rod is Olivia an A rank mage adventurer.

Olivia started casting her Big Bang spell, Boris seen that the enemy’s leader is finally starting to give orders. Seeing a signal to go Boris shouted at once to everyone.

“Here they come everyone! Defend our city from these monsters! Olivia now!”(Boris)

Everyone focused at once to battle, and all the mages unleash their casted spells at once. The archers shot their arrows and Olivia is finally done casting.

“Big Bang!”(Olivia)

Signaling the start of the battle was a bright giant explosion that killed a lot of monsters.

Meanwhile back to Seven

They finally reached the location of the bridge, they ordered the coachman to wait at the other side of the bridge. Seven checking if it would fit finally heard a loud explosion, seeing a bright explosion near the direction of Stormhelm City.

“What’s going on!? Did the monsters also attacked Stormhelm City!? Then what are these monsters then!?”(Lucy)

“Probably another army they were preparing. I will be casting my magic now everyone stay near me.”(A-Seven)

“But shouldn’t we be making our way to Stormhelm City at once!?”(Oswald)

“If we go back now then this army would also be adding up to the total enemies that are attacking the citing right now.”(Richard)

“Precisely, Centurion Hold!”(A-Seven)

Richard and the others were surprised by the magic of Adell, creating a fort out of nowhere to defend the bridge from the incoming monsters.

Seven suddenly sensed a link coming to her and she answered it.

“Teacher i finally connected with you! We’re under attack right now by the same monster army that attacked Cramen City!”(Charles)

“I see we are also facing an army of monsters. Do you have Draco with you?”(A-Seven)

“No he disappeared suddenly that’s why i can’t  find him before we left.”(Charles)

“Just stay in a safe place with baby Laura ok? I will make sure Draco goes there to protect all of you.”(A-Seven)

“Yes good luck teacher!”(Charles)

Charles disconnected the link to his teacher since he was feeling brave enough already. Steeling his resolve more to protect Laura from any harm that might befall her. Seven quickly formed a link with Draco after talking with Charles.

“Draco where are you!? I want you to protect Charles and Laura okay!?”(A-Seven)

“I actually found a very strong presence master. I don’t know if we can take it when it attacks us here.”(Draco)

“What do you mean!?”(A- Seven)

“That monster seems to be searching for baby Laura. That’s why i’m creating magic defensive measures everywhere Master, to prevent it from finding Laura.”(Draco)

“Good just make sure to keep those two kids safe alright?”(A-Seven)

“Yes master!”(Draco)

Disconnecting links with them Seven gone back to talk about their plan against the incoming enemy army on the fort she created.

She told them the plan making Richard and Miriam stay at the rear part of the fort, Lucy and Oswald will be at the front mowing the enemies that would come, finally Adell and Klein will be at the middle attacking or supporting both sides at once.

The fort was designed with big walls and metal gates to prevent entry or escape. Seven made the gate close first, still the goblins can get in since there are gaps in the gate that made it the good advantage for Seven and the others.

Taking advantage of the situation Oswald and Lucy kept on killing the goblins that manage to get in. While Richard, Klein, Miriam, and Adell kept on killing the enemies behind the closed gate.

“I can sense that those monsters are coming! Everyone be prepared!”(A-Seven)

The battle situation are still on their favor and Seven hopes that the people in Stormhelm City also has the advantage against the monsters.

Hey guys i’m cutting this chapter for now sorry will be posting it nighttime again. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but i’m really tired now so please wait for Part 2 tomorrow!

9