3-0 The second invasion of the darkness Part 3
145 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Count Bion ordered the mages to fall back to the rear while spilling some oils to the walls. Preventing the monsters from trying climb the wall and only focusing on destroying the gate first.

Heiden called all the knights to form a phalanx formation, Count Bion ordered all the mages and archers to get back to the rear or go up to houses to get a clear view of the surroundings.

The gate slowly being destroyed by the monsters creating holes around it are being shot at by the archers. All of them focused on hitting the monsters that show up on the holes that were appearing on the gate taking them down to prevent any further enter.

“All mages fall back at a safe distance! All men focus on immobilizing all of them! We can’t let them get in the city!”(Count Bion)

All the mages fall backed at once to a very safe distance while the archers are left in positioning theirselves on high places. The monsters melt once destroying the gate that it had already created a hole fit for them to get inside, one by one the monsters had finally entered the city and charged their way to the knights to kill them.

The knights let the monsters ram their shields and bash them back with the men behind them moving in to cut the monsters legs. After immobilizing 3 monsters row by row they fall backed 3 steps and done it again.

Count Bion was counting on the gate to hold much longer so that they can handle a lot of them before their reinforcements can help them in defeating  the monsters. Then suddenly a loud explosion resounded in the north gate, hearing this made Count Bion rest assured that the north gate still hasn’t been breached.

Suddenly the last remaining of the gate exploded that can be seen throughout the whole city, letting the monsters stampede on the army. Count Bion seen a monster that looks to be their leader, a 8 ft tall crawling dog looking dark monster. Showing its large mouth with incredibly sharp teeth and it’s big claws all on his 4 foot it howled strongly before it charged at the knights.

All the knights were either stomped to death only leaving blood trails and their skin carcasses, or were clawed by it cutting the knights to pieces and throwing their smithereens away.

“All men fall back! You get to the mages and request backup on hitting these monster!”(Count Bion)

“Count we should fall back! Let’s formulate a plan to get them to chase us or else the people hiding will be killed!”(Heiden)

“Alright everyone get their attention! Keep making some noises while falling back!”(Count Bion)

All of them retreated while the archers are trying to halt the giant monster from killing more of the retreating knights. When it noticed the archers it charged right at the houses destroying it all on where it goes.

When it tried to return to killing the knights it was bombarded with magic spells that made it fall down by the impact. When it fell down all the knights turned back to stop the other monsters from moving any further engaging everyone to a bloody battle.

The monsters were only getting immobilized while the knights were getting killed, Count Bion and Heiden were also fighting with the men preventing anyone from dying any further from this bloody battle.

The mages continued on bombarding the large monster army to prevent them from overwhelming the knights fighting in the front line. While some monsters were able to slip to other houses and places, there was also another humanoid monster looking for something and escaped the sights of everyone fighting.

The giant dog monster had finally stood up and tried to kill the mages. Then it was suddenly impaled by holy arrows hurting it incredibly, when it looked at where the sources of it came from the monster only seen barrages of holy arrows raining down upon its body. Piercing the dog monster with holy arrows until it’s body finally becomes eviscerated, the reinforcements finally charged through the monsters at once all the other mages were told to use holy elements to finally kill of the monsters.

Count Bion and Heiden were glad that the reinforcements have finally come to help them, gaining advantage against the tide of battle Count Bion retreated back to the church with Heiden.

They met Boris on their way back to the church and were greeted with his mages.

“I’m so glad that the reinforcements managed to come in time then Count.”(Boris)

“The rest are fighting them off and finally killing all the monsters with holy spells. We were about to return to the church to check the people there.”(Count Bion)

“Then let us return at once, Boris won’t listen to me and take a rest.”(Olivia)

“Haha! Then i guess when we go back there you need to take a rest then Boris.”(Heiden)

Amidst their relaxed atmosphere a guard came up on them running and stopped before them, panting from the exhaustion of running it took him a moment before he can speak.

“Count the church is under attack by a strong monster! All the knights were almost killed already!”(Guard)

“My family is in there! We need to go now!”(Count Bion)

“Sir there are monsters who managed to stray from their army and are attacking the other houses in search for the civilians.”(Scout)

“Mages go with the scout! We will handle the monster in the church!”(Boris)

All of them moved out to their own locations to handle, while Count Bion prays that his family is safe inside the church. Boris also worries on what happened to Chloe, Charles, Laura, and the Lion brothers.

20 minutes before Count Bion and Heiden retreated from the battlefield

Charles and the Lion brothers were practicing their skills in case a monster attacks them. The knights outside kept watch and were worried on their comrades who are fighting on the front lines.

Suddenly they spotted a human walking in a dark alleyway, judging by the shadow of it they thought it was a civilian. A knight got close to ask it what’s the problem, suddenly the knight was beheaded with a blade and blood splashed to the ground around him.

The knights were all surprised and unsheathed their swords at once. All of them charging at once to the killer it slammed its right hand to the ground, creating blades before him and impaling all the knights near it displaying their soulless bodies up high.

The monster then jumped high and thrown blades created from his body to the knights piercing their armors at once. All the knights were being slaughtered easily, one knight ordered a guard to try and call for help to save the people inside the church.

Charles was inside when he heard the commotion outside with the brothers. They took a look outside only to witness countless dead dismembered bodies to the ground and among all of them there stands a human monster. All of Its skin dark with no red veins, has red eyes, a mouth, and white hair almost looking like a real human.

When the monster saw them it instantly charged at them surprising Charles by its speed. Grim punched it quickly to its face knocking it back a little bit which he connected again with 3 rapid punches to the chest knocking it back a distance.

The monster only stood straight like it was showing them that it didn’t do any damage. Charles told the brothers to take a formation, both Charles and grim moved to the front while Khask stayed behind them.

The monster looked at them menacingly before it charged again to Grim, it evaded Grim’s punch and made its right arm full blade trying to kill grim. Khask stopped it from slicing his brother by throwing his chain around its neck and pulled it, when it took the time to look back Charles moved in amen sliced through its bladed arm.

It bowled strongly by the pain trying to pull Khask’s chain in which he removed quickly so that it can’t be used against him. When Charles tried to slash it again it slammed its left hand to the ground, Grim noticed it quickly and took Charles back to evade the blades that suddenly appeared before them.

“Charles take care of its movements it can produce blades everywhere.”(Grim)

“Alright thank you for saving me back there.”(Charles)

“There are other monsters appearing!”(Khask)

Other dark monsters started appearing showing their mouths with blood over them evidence that they ate some humans on the way. Charles quickly casted some fireballs against them to burn to halt their movements.

“Fire doesn’t work on them but i bet holy element does. That monster didn’t get to regenerate its arm.”(Charles)

“Then your the only one that can kill them for now. I will take that human monster for now you take care of the other monsters.”(Grim)

“You sure?”(Charles)

“Yeah, Khask protect Charles and make sure that nobody enters the church.”(Grim)

“You can count on me!”(Khask)

Charles and Khask moved against the newly appeared monsters, Khask chaining some of them to dampen their movements in which Charles took the advantage of having high speed by slashing them quickly. Grim moved to his enemy to take it head on focusing all of his mind to senses.

Charles evaded his enemies and countered quickly with slashes through them killing them all instantly. When he looked in front of him he still saw a lot of them, other monsters were going inside houses trying to look for humans that Charles wanted to save them quickly.

He looked back and saw Grim having a hard time fighting with the human monster evading all of its sudden blade sprouts from the ground. Charles then remembered his special ability and retreated a little bit to the center focusing all of his power to the sword justifier.

“Khask don’t let them get near us! Grim hold that monster back!”(Charles)

Khask moved in front of Charles and used his chains to hit their legs, making them all fall down to the ground. Khask thrown his sickle to the monsters that get too close piercing their heads and taking it back to let them bleed. Grim in turn kept the human monster focus to him only, going in to punch it multiple times before falling back again only taking advantage when there is an opening.

“Alright it’s ready! Grim, Khask get near me!”(Charles)

The two moved quickly near him and beaten the monsters back to prevent them from interrupting him. The human monster tried to throw blades to Charles which was blocked by the chains of Khask quickly.

Radiance!”(Charles)

The swirling power that was concentrated from justifier were unleashed all at once burning all the dark monsters to ashes while healing all the people’s wound instantly. All the monsters were now ashes and the people started celebrating their victory, while Charles and the brothers saw one monster left. The human monster was able to at least survive it but sustained a lot of damage to its body using its skill to create blades to cover his body to prevent fatal damage.

“That one is still alive let’s end him quickly.”(Charles)

A dark magic circle suddenly appeared before the monster and from it sprouted a human covered with dark robes with golden accessories everywhere in their body.

“I’m afraid i can’t let you do that. After all he’s my masterpiece, and you weaklings can be his fuel to getting more stronger.”(unknown man)

“Like hell we will let you!”(Grim)

The man suddenly unleashed a pure dark energy beam from his hand trying to kill the 3 at once. They were suddenly covered by a strong barrier fending off the magic attack from the unknown man. There they saw Count Bion with Heiden, Boris, and a mage girl running to them.

“Are you kids alright!? We will take care of that man and monster get back inside the church!”(Count Bion)

“Let us handle this kids and also my name is Olivia.”(Olivia)

“We want to fight with you Count!”(Charles)

“Charles here done that powerful holy skill earlier. We will protect him so that he can use it again.”(Grim)

“Alright, stay behind us Heiden and Boris to the front. Olivia to the rear with the kids, i will be in the middle understand!?”(Count)

Everyone nodded at once to fight of the last remaining enemies in the city that seems to be much more powerful than anyone in the current situation. The unknown man healed his monster making it able to fight at its fullest again, smiling to them in which appears to be him saying that his victory is assured.

Draco saw this and tried to link again with his master to tell her about the current situation that might endanger the lives of all the persons close to her. Amidst the snowy environment from afar is a rushing carriage making haste back to Stormhelm City.

8