The Hunt 4 [Info List]
5.4k 16 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, this is a bit of an unusual chapter, since you won’t have any actual in-character interaction. Rather, I will summarize all the knowledge about our trio that you’re supposed to have up until this point in, hopefully, comprehensive lists. Updated with the spells, of course, as well as some extra tidbits here and there. While not exactly new content, I hope this gets everyone on the same page as our chaotic bunch in terms of battle planning. If you approve of this format, please inform me in the comments. I might repeat it every now and again, should it prove popular. You know, as a hub for everyone to check what people in Apexus’ group are capable of in the current time.

 

Apexus

Class: Chimera Slime? [Actual Existence of a Class unknown]

 

Spell list:

-

 

Equipment:

-

 

Inventory:

-

 

Other Factors:

Beyond Divinity – Does not possess a divine spark. The exact ramifications of this are unknown.

Slime – A being who is, at its base, made out of only two components: a nucleus and the name giving liquid surrounding it. The former serves as brain, heart and every other important organ of the creature. The slime around it is a highly acidic substance that is separated from the outside world through a magical membrane. The acidity of Apexus’s slime is also magical, thusly transforming it into a harmless liquid when separated from the main body. Only possess a natural sense of touch, noticing potential prey through tremors, working best underwater and worst in the air.

Acquiring Devourer – Can grow or replicate limbs, organs and attributes of things he has killed and eaten. Those replications do NOT scale with the size or power of Apexus and they cost varying, but often high, amounts of energy to make. After roughly thirty days, knowledge of these replications fades and Apexus would have to devour a new member of the species. Can keep a Growth around for longer than he remembers how to remake it. Apexus loses all non-permanent Growths when he goes to sleep, something that grows more frequent in need the more complicated his own body gets.

Challenging Evolver – Upon beating and eating the Apex Existence (Not necessarily Predator) in an ecosystem, Apexus may acquire one of his currently available Growths as a permanent addition. These permanently acquired parts do scale with Apexus’ abilities and will outperform their natural counterpart fairly quickly. If and how this ability would work in social settings, where the Apex Existence is determined not by natural factors, is unknown. Triggers only once per environment and only if its adequately difficult.

Magic Sense – Can sense magic while in contact with it, differentiating between a normal and an enchanted object.

Permanent Growths [and their current abilities]:

Pheromone Ducts – Produces pleasant smells that can manipulate receptive insects. Easy to track by creatures with fine noses, much easier than footprints. After choosing his gender, a slightly aphrodisiac towards the opposite sex was made possible, with stronger bursts possible.

Bird Wings – Originally the shape of an eagles but the emerald colour of Aclysia’s eyes, these wings can be resized and reshaped to fit better with the current environment. Such a transformation takes time, particularly upscaling, where the creation of biomatter also takes a lot of energy. They also have to beat with more strength than usual wings to be able to even keep the solid body of the slime in the air.

Cat Eyes – Pale blue eyes, chosen for their superb night vision.

Fox Ears – Pale blue ears that blend nicely with the slime’s main body, with black tips. Grant superb hearing that is highly adjustable in its directional perceptions.

Speaking Plates – Wooden plates across the back of Apexus that act as moderate protection. Their main usage is the ability to vibrate, creating a deep, highly pleasant voice. If physically broken, it will not be able to vibrate in a certain way, losing the ability to produce certain sounds, or speak at all. Can be used in other pleasing ways if Apexus hums continuously.

Toothed-Snake Teeth – Uncannily human-like teeth, although with more pronounced edges and spikes. Currently hanging somewhat uselessly inside Apexus’ front-side, without jawbones to attach to and muscles to deliver a bite.

 

Physical Description:

At the base of it, Apexus is a dark blue, almost black, nucleus core, the size of a clenched fist, surrounded by blue slime. His elliptic shape stretches 1,50 metres from front to back and 1 metre at the broadest point. Most of his Growths are located on his back or front.

The Speaking Plates stretch across the upper surface, save for the sides, the back and the front, where the slimes ‘face’ is located. Two holes in the wooden carapace allow the Bird Wings to stretch out and flap without hindrance. A gap between the folded wings is barely wide enough for Aclysia to sit in since she got to her maximum size. Fox Ears, Cat Eyes and Toothed-Snake Teeth are all at the front end, sorted in a roughly human, if somewhat stretched out, layout.

His texture is slightly abrasive, barely enough for human fingers to notice, rather than perfectly smooth due to the Pheromone Ducts spread all over his body.

 

Aclysia

Class: Guardian Angel [Divine Basic Class]

 

Spell list:

Sunlight Bolt – Bolt, the most basic attack spell, limited to the Divine-Light category due to Aclysia’s nature, adjustable in strength according to the amount of mana put into it and the user's skill.

Divine Healing – Basic healing spell of all Classes that are divinely attuned, uses a moderate amount of mana for a moderate heal, scaling with the user's mana input and familiarity with the spell.

Sunray Mending – Quick heal that consumes a lot of mana.

Sunshine Rejuvenation – Time consuming heal that is very mana efficient.

Illumni – Basic Light spell. Creates a stable, pleasantly warm sphere of sunlight that hovers over the users fingertip. Functions as a basic, slightly inferior in terms of range, torch replacement.

Flare – A flash of harmless sunlight. Highly mana intensive basic blinding spell. Does next to nothing to people not looking in the direction of the user.

Spark of Life – Analyse a female humanoid’s body to find out whether or not a divine spark is forming inside them, thusly detecting whether a person is pregnant and, if so, with how many children.

 

Equipment:

Dirty Black Robe – Good for hiding one’s identity, bad as a single piece of clothing.

 

Inventory:

-

 

Other Factors:

Divine Flight – Can use her ‘angel’ wings to hover, as long as there is enough room to stretch them. This consumes a minimal amount of mana.

Metal Fairy – Is made from a metal that is lighter than flesh. This comes with several factors. Aclysia is heavily disadvantaged in a melee battle, particularly without weapons, due to a lack of weight behind her movements. Aclysia only requires mana to survive, which she can win by eating basically eating anything biological in creation or by absorbing it from a willing other. The latter is much more effective.

Angel on her own – Does not hold any natural sway over any member of the Church despite being a divine creation by the 33rd of the 33 original gods. This also prevents her from being recognized at a glance by all but the most divinely attuned.

 

Physical Description:

Aclysia is 1,81 metres tall and has white hair, which is always combed back and falls down to the middle of her back, ending at the bases of her wings. Akin to a moth in texture and shape, she possesses a total of four wing segments, they are mostly white and have symmetrical patterns in black running over them.

Her skin is of a milky white and pristine, not a single strand of hair anywhere. Her bust is of a moderate size, slightly below average, with light pink nipples. Overall, her figure is defined by her hips, giving her a pleasing pear-type body with long legs and nice thighs.

Her face is defined by her brilliantly shining emerald eyes, sitting inside the usually calm expression of a woman of ephemeral beauty. Her ears are pointy, like an elf’s, but not unusually long. Her nose has a well-rounded tip, her eyebrows are as white as her hair, her lips are pink and pillowy.

 

Reysha

Class: Noir Rogue [Mutated Basic Class]

 

Spell list:

Sneak – Footsteps and other actions are more silent and careless glances glide over the user easily. Basic Rogue spell that helps with stealth.

Aimed Whisper – The voice of the user travels in one direction only. It will appear is if to originate from the point of impact instead. More advanced versions would make the whisper disappear entirely, if successfully aimed at an ear/organic material in general.

Dis/locate – Dislocates or relocates the joints in the arms magically. While painful, this does make it possible to slip out of many hasty or loose bindings. The first spell any Rogue learns, as it is fundamental to applying magic to joint areas.

 

Equipment:

Clearwater Bodysuit – A midnight blue one-piece suit, something between leather and rubber. Covers most of the wearer’s body, aside from hands, feat, back (a V-cut out starting just below the end of the spine and going up to the shoulders) and ending at the collarbones. Lightly damaged.

Steel Stiletto – A basic steel weapon. A thorn of hardened metal designed to slide through gaps in or penetrate weak spots of armour.

Iron Dagger – A basic iron weapon as replacement, should Reysha need an off-hand weapon, lose her Stiletto or fight an opponent against whom slashing is more effective than stabbing.

Throwing Daggers (3) – Small, iron knives good for throwing. Worn on belt.

Velvet Adventurer’s Bag – A pouch of black velvet, bigger than the usual adventurer’s bag. Can store items much bigger than itself, as long as they fit through the opening. The exact maximum is unknown, but can be assumed a bit bigger than a normal Adventurer’s Bag, which can hold up to twenty-five kilograms worth of materials.

Rogue Belt – A basic belt with holsters for the tools of the trade.

Basic Boots – Just leather boots. Relatively new, sit well, good quality, but nothing truly remarkable.

Coin Purse – Separate from the Adventurer’s Bag due to its inability to spit out more than one item at a time.

 

Inventory:

Iron Dagger – Replacement for the first one.

Soap – Block of processed animal fat used to clean one’s body.

Piece of Cloth (3) – Normal pieces of linen, originally white, now tainted red from all the blood they absorbed when cleaning weapons. Washing in water only does so much good.

Waterskin – A bag of leather used to transport water.

Fingerless Satin Gloves – For the gentle touch.

Lockpicks (2) – Sets of thin metal tools needed to carefully open doors, chests or other things that were meant to remain closed by physical means.

Empty Glass Vials (2) – Previously held Health Potions, they are now waiting to be refilled with something.

 

Money:

[Each 100 of a lower currency make 1 of the higher one, there are 10 kinds of coins in total, corresponding with the ten metals used for ranks amongst the Adventurer’s Guild. This is the currency used across leaves and are accepted basically everywhere. Some locations or organizations may use their own form of currency. Only the coin one above the currently owned will be mentioned.]

0 Gold
14 Silver
7 Iron
87 Bronze
11 Copper

 

Other Factors:

Ragressian – Tiger girl from the world of Ragressa, created by the lesser goddess Proadi. Possesses formidable sight and hearing, cat ears, eyes and tail, as well as retractable, sharp claws. Has a much higher chance to give birth to females.

Noir [Advanced Stage] – Increased physical and magical attributes, improved senses. Can eat the meat of dungeon monsters and drink the hostile magic infused water of the structures without problem. Normal food and drink is absolutely disgusting, increasingly so the stronger the natural taste was. When not having eaten the meat of monsters for several days, negative symptoms begin to surface.

Currently [days since last ‘proper’ meal]:

7 days – Reysha can operate normally

8-14 days – Senses will begin to dull, sexual drive dies down.

15-30 days – Colour will begin to fade from perception, slowly greying out, constant white noise drowns out previously heard fine noises. Reysha may fall into stretches of time where she is apathetic towards most things going on around her, acting like a half-asleep person.

31+ days – All emotions and senses are heavily dulled and the stretches of apathy continue to grow longer. Eventually, the body overcomes Noir, restoring itself to a balanced state previous to the condition, at the cost of the subject’s adventuring potential.

 

Physical Description:

Reysha is a 1,78 metres tall redhead with wild flowing hair. Despite her lack of care for it, aside from the occasional combing with her claws and baths, her nature as a tiger girl prevents it from matting and rarely does it look like anything else than a perfect scarlet mess. It grows past her neck and miraculously never gets in the way during fights, partly thanks to the pair of cat ears that grow out of the top of her head, the same colour as her hair.

With a naturally light brown complexion and a lot of time under the sun, Reysha has a colouration whose exoticness is only furthered by the tiger stripes. A few shades darker than the rest of her skin, they stretch over her body, adding chocolate to caramel.

From above the ankles, over the long, smooth legs and her athletic, hourglass curves, with the well-proportioned breasts with the pinkish brown nipples up to the last two stripes, the only ones on her face, that run around her blue eyes like natural warpaint. The stripes on her red tail, growing out where the spine ends and adding her primal flavour to her bubble butt, are the only truly black ones. However, they are notably absent from her crotch area, where only a moderate, usually trimmed, amount of red hair decorates her sex.

When her claws are retracted, her fingernails looks, aside from their progressively reddening colour, like a normal humans. If they come to use, however, they lengthen a fair bit and the tips condense into the curved, needle-like claws of a cat.

She has a sharp face, with clearly defined feminine features finalized to be both intimidating and seductive, savagely gorgeous, with dark lips often curved into a mad smile, showing the fangs among her otherwise human teeth and a pair of blue eyes contrasting heavily with the reds and browns of the rest of her body. Something only worsened by the steady blackening of her sclera by Noir. She has normal human ears in addition to her cat ones.

138