CHAPTER 3: SHE CAN’T HEAR IT ANYMORE
484 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took a while before Minglan was able to compose himself. Even when he stood up from his chair, he staggered for a while. Gu Baicheng was worried about his boss, so he volunteered to drive him to H hospital.

Once they arrived at the entrance, many reporters were already at the scene. Some of them were trying to ask the hospital staff for more information on the incident that involved one of the biggest names in the fashion industry. However, none of them were able to get any substantial news as the guards stationed at the entrance didn’t allow them to get inside. Gu Baicheng noticed that the guards have doubled more than on ordinary times. This must be due to the fact that Song Liuli’s remains can be found in the hospital, thus, to ensure the privacy and safety of both the bereaved and of the other patients, additional guards are necessary.

For Minglan though, the site of the clustered reporters didn’t faze him. Although he hesitated to open the door of the car, it doesn’t mean that he was hesitant to face the reporters. It’s just that, in his heart, there's a nagging feeling that if he takes even one step inside the hospital, everything that happened today would no longer seem like a dream to him. He felt really fearful, the first time in his life that he ever felt that way.

The car behind them honked a third time. It was only then that Minglan took a deep breath and alighted. Although Baicheng wanted to follow him inside immediately, he still has to park the car.

The reporters noticed him get down from the car and immediately surrounded the young CEO. This CEO has built his own IT company at the age of 22. At 24, he proved his capabilities and astounded the domestic market when his company launched a patented AI technology. Rumors back then stated that even the military was looking into collaborating with his company for that technology. Now, at the age of 33, his IT company is one of the giants in the IT industry.

However, the reporters are not surrounding him this time because of his impeccable track record in business. What they are after is his reaction towards the sudden death of his girlfriend - precisely, Song Liuli. Despite Bai Minglan not pausing in his steps, the reporters were relentless in asking him questions.

“CEO Bai! Did you come here after knowing of Miss Song’s death?”

“How do you feel about your girlfriend’s sudden death?”

“CEO Bai! Are you sad that Miss Song is dead or are you feeling relieved?”

Hearing the last question made Minglan stop in his tracks. In his emotionally unstable state, the question grated ruthlessly in his ears. He scanned his eyes to see who was audacious enough to ask that question.

“What did you say?”, he asked in a cold voice with unmasked rage. His sharp glare stayed on a man in his late 20s. “Why would I feel relieved when my girlfriend is dead?”

The reporters around him fell into silence when they saw the man’s anger. The atmosphere seems frozen that you could hear one of the reporters gulp his saliva. They felt cold to the bones. They are then reminded of the rumors that Bai Minglan is quite a heartless businessman in the corporate world.

“I dare you to ask your question again.”, still in his low voice, Bai Minglan fully faced the reporter.

“I-It’s just t-that there were rumors t-that said Miss Song was clinging t-to you,” the reporter gathered his courage and replied in a stuttering voice. “and that the reason why the two of you haven’t married yet despite being together for ten years is that your relationship is built only on Miss Song’s one-sided feelings. R-Rumors also said that you had no intention of letting Miss Song become Madam Bai.”

Bai Minglan squinted his eyes dangerously. “Where did that rumor pop out from?”

“I-It has been around for years now!”, another reporter replied. “Since you neither denied nor acknowledged it before, everyone was saying that CEO Bai probably doesn’t take Miss Song seriously!”

Bai Minglan quietly glared at the reporters in front of him. Doesn’t take her seriously? Bullshit! She’s his one and only girlfriend! If he isn’t taking her seriously, then who does he take seriously?! These reporters ought to go back to school to avoid contributing fake news to society!

“You guys are so full of nonsense! Can’t you people show some respect at this point?”, Gu Baicheng’s voice resounded from behind. It seems that he has properly parked the car and has come to his boss’s aid. “Move back! We need to get inside the hospital!”

Gu Baicheng helped his boss find a way out of the reporter’s encirclement. The guards at the entrance who were, since earlier, trying to get by the reporters now successfully found a way inside the encirclement and were now starting to escort Bai Minglan to go inside the hospital.

Suddenly, Bai Minglan’s footsteps slowed and he turned to the reporter. “Song Liuli is my one and only girlfriend. You rumormongers said that I’m not taking her seriously so I did not marry her. But let me tell you this. I won’t let a woman stay by my side if I am not taking her seriously. Song Liuli wouldn’t have stayed by me for a decade if she’s not qualified to become Madam Bai. Get your facts straight!”

Once he said those words, he turned his back on the reporters and proceeded to go inside H hospital.

Past the entrance, a man who was equally as handsome as Bai Minglan was waiting for him. This man is Shen Tianyi, Bai Minglan’s best friend, who’s also working at H hospital. Upon seeing him, Bai Minglan walked straight to Shen Tianyi, but Shen Tianyi only gestured for Bai Minglan to follow him.

“I heard what you said outside.”, Shen Tianyi stated. There was a tinge of melancholy in his voice when he uttered his next words. “Song Liuli would have been very happy to hear those words from you.”

‘Too bad… She can’t hear it anymore.’

 


 

Sometimes, rumors can ruin a person/s life. Pay attention to what you say. Think before you click!

6